OCCRA
Go to Post Ok, according to this, I am a hacker...Now will someone please come fix my computer??? - Beth Sweet [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-05-2001, 06:15 PM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock
Time to give a little back to FIRST?

Most of this post was originally posted by me in the thread entitled "2002 Game Brainstorming" in the General Forum located here,

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...=&threadid=945

FIRST is growing so shouldn't we help it

Since FIRST has been around since "89" and alot of people have come and gone on various teams isn't it time that FIRST allowed thier "community" to give a little back?

What I mean is holding an off season competition for teams to make the next years game. If FIRST sent out a call to all teams to come up with the new game then it could also tie into who is eligible that year.

Say team X comes up with a new game idea that would work and has not been done before and then Team Z comes up with a similar idea, Both team's would still not know what the final game would be but since they were the two teams that inputted ideas into the completed game chose by a pnel of FIRST judges they would be automatically eligable in that years game and also maybe be given a special prize or recognition at the end of Nationals.

I don't know how it would all work in the end, ie: if there is enough time to get input from all teams in time to come up with a new game within less than a year, or what kind of recognition or prize the team's that inputed ideas would get, but hopefully there will be a chance in the future when FIRST's comunity of teams would have a more active part in game design - not total design but a nudge in the direction that the community would like to see!

I know I have a bunch of game Ideas floating aroun in th back of my head along with the actual guesses for this years game.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: