OCCRA
Go to Post If you don't like physical play build a stronger robot. - Koko Ed [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2012, 08:55 AM
FRC #0399 (Eagle Robotics)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2004
davidfv has a brilliant futuredavidfv has a brilliant futuredavidfv has a brilliant futuredavidfv has a brilliant futuredavidfv has a brilliant futuredavidfv has a brilliant futuredavidfv has a brilliant futuredavidfv has a brilliant futuredavidfv has a brilliant futuredavidfv has a brilliant futuredavidfv has a brilliant future
Re: RoboProm 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch1373 View Post
Can we get an official ruling on this? 399thegeneral? anyone?
The guidelines are that Mentors and Advisers of a team or students attending RoboProm do not have to pay any admission.

Roboprom was started as a way for some high school students who missed their own senior prom because they attended championships. Roboprom is for all those students who can not afford or feel excluded from a 'regular' high school prom as a way to "have the experience".

Since the hotel is setting some limits on the number of people we would like to make sure that the high school students and teams attending championships have first opportunity for the tickets. HIGH SCHOOL Student Volunteers are welcome to attend and will have to pay admission.

We want to keep RoboProm fun for all and hope that everyone understands the basic guidelines. Private message me if you have some individual questions.

Thank you.
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Mentor,QCR Planning, OhioFIRST-Pres
FRC #1038 (The Thunderhawks)
Team Role: Mentor

Jimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jimmy Nichols

My team is extremely excited to attend. I'm hoping I will be able to attend as a chaperone just to check it out.

2013 - Crossroads Team Spirit,Quarter-Finalists - Queen City WFFA - Paul George,Quarter-Finalists - Ohio FRC State Championship Champions
2012 - Queen City Volunteer of the Year,Team Spirit,Finalists - Smoky Mountains Engineering Inspiration,Quarterfinalists
2011 - Pittsburgh Semifinalists - Buckeye Engineering Excellence Award,Coopertition Award,SemiFinalists
2010 - Pittsburgh Judge’s Award,Quarterfinalists - Buckeye Industrial Design Award,Finalists - IRI Mentor Round Champions
2009 - Buckeye GM Industrial Design,Champions
2008 - Midwest Engineering Inspiration,Quarterfinalist - IRI Semifinalist
2007 - Pittsburgh Motorola Quality,Finalist - Buckeye Rockwell Automation Innovative Controls,Finalist - Championship Newton Quarterfinalist
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2012, 07:43 PM
AKA: David Yun
FRC #0781 (Kinetic Knights)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2010
David13 has a spectacular aura aboutDavid13 has a spectacular aura about

Unfortunately I can't go this year, but feel free to use any of 781's robotics pickup lines.

"You must be an uber tube because I feel twice as good when I'm with you."
"I don't need to inbound basketballs because I'm already a human player."
"It's like you're a bridge and I'm Team 118. I'm hung up on you."
"Can I have the autonomous code to you heart?"
"Forget about the Chairman's award. You're my Engineering Inspiration."

I think we had more, but this is as many as I can remember.
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2012, 09:48 PM
AKA: Fletch
FRC #3555 (Aluminati)
Team Role: College Student

Fletch1373 has much to be proud ofFletch1373 has much to be proud ofFletch1373 has much to be proud ofFletch1373 has much to be proud ofFletch1373 has much to be proud ofFletch1373 has much to be proud ofFletch1373 has much to be proud ofFletch1373 has much to be proud ofFletch1373 has much to be proud ofFletch1373 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Fletch1373 Send a message via MSN to Fletch1373 Send a message via Skype™ to Fletch1373

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfv View Post
The guidelines are that Mentors and Advisers of a team or students attending RoboProm do not have to pay any admission.

Roboprom was started as a way for some high school students who missed their own senior prom because they attended championships. Roboprom is for all those students who can not afford or feel excluded from a 'regular' high school prom as a way to "have the experience".

Since the hotel is setting some limits on the number of people we would like to make sure that the high school students and teams attending championships have first opportunity for the tickets. HIGH SCHOOL Student Volunteers are welcome to attend and will have to pay admission.

We want to keep RoboProm fun for all and hope that everyone understands the basic guidelines. Private message me if you have some individual questions.

Thank you.
Thanks for the reply. I was expecting an answer very close to that.
<11: CMP - Official Scorer> <11-12: 3555 - CT> <11-12: WPI - FTAA> <11-12: CT - Inspector>
<12: 73 - Mentor> <12: CMP - CSA>

#20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-13-2012, 10:20 PM
&quot;Team Mom&quot; @khayes1489
AKA: Kirstie Hayes
FRC #2471 (Team Mean Machine)

Rookie Year: 2008
QueenBot is an unknown quantity at this point

Last year was awesome and my students had an amazing time attending! It seemed that the most outrageous outfit and/or costume was the bell of the ball!

2012:
Newton Division Semi-Finalists thanks to 1717 & 469
Autodesk Oregon Regional
GM Industrial Design winners
Seattle Cascade Regional
Delphi Engineering Excellence, Champions thanks to 2046 & 492

--
2011 Seattle Cascade Regional Champions
thanks to 1510 & 2660
&
2011 Autodesk Oregon Regional Champions
thanks to 360 & 3711

"It's not about kids building robots... it's about robots building kids." -Bud Hayes
  #21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2012, 08:55 AM
FRC #3947

thecrusadergirl will become famous soon enoughthecrusadergirl will become famous soon enough

Does anyone just wear prom dresses? I bought a prom dress for my prom here in good old Knightstown, and now I am not able to attend because I will be at St. Louis. I am thinking about just wearing my prom dress, but don't want to be the only one. Thanks
P.S. I am suuuuuuuper excited for St. Louis and RoboProm!
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2012, 11:09 AM
AKA: Larry Bolan
no team

ratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant futureratdude747 has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to ratdude747

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecrusadergirl View Post
Does anyone just wear prom dresses? I bought a prom dress for my prom here in good old Knightstown, and now I am not able to attend because I will be at St. Louis. I am thinking about just wearing my prom dress, but don't want to be the only one. Thanks
P.S. I am suuuuuuuper excited for St. Louis and RoboProm!
Of course you can wear it... your situation is why roboprom was created in the first place. Heck, if things had worked out, i would have worn my Tux to roboprom last year...

Dean's List Semi-finalist 2010
1747 Harrison Boiler Robotics 2008-2010
2783 Engineers of Tomorrow 2011
How to wire CAN bus on a budget
  #23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2012, 12:32 PM
FRC #3947

thecrusadergirl will become famous soon enoughthecrusadergirl will become famous soon enough

I will definitely wear my prom dress, then! I just didn't want to be the only one
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Mentor,QCR Planning, OhioFIRST-Pres
FRC #1038 (The Thunderhawks)

Jimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond reputeJimmy Nichols has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Jimmy Nichols

Quote:
I will definitely wear my prom dress, then! I just didn't want to be the only one
One of my students is in the same situation, I believe she is wearing hers also.

2013 - Crossroads Team Spirit,Quarter-Finalists - Queen City WFFA - Paul George,Quarter-Finalists - Ohio FRC State Championship Champions
2012 - Queen City Volunteer of the Year,Team Spirit,Finalists - Smoky Mountains Engineering Inspiration,Quarterfinalists
2011 - Pittsburgh Semifinalists - Buckeye Engineering Excellence Award,Coopertition Award,SemiFinalists
2010 - Pittsburgh Judge’s Award,Quarterfinalists - Buckeye Industrial Design Award,Finalists - IRI Mentor Round Champions
2009 - Buckeye GM Industrial Design,Champions
2008 - Midwest Engineering Inspiration,Quarterfinalist - IRI Semifinalist
2007 - Pittsburgh Motorola Quality,Finalist - Buckeye Rockwell Automation Innovative Controls,Finalist - Championship Newton Quarterfinalist
  #25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Mentor (1114), Alumni (772)
AKA: Aaron Koscielski
FRC #1114 (Simbotics)

Rookie Year: 2006
akoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond reputeakoscielski3 has a reputation beyond repute

Do people usually go with a date? or just go to hangout with all the robotics people?

I will be wearing something that goes perfect with my team colours and will be very obvious to see my legs.. hint hint

Team 77WHO?! 772 Sabre Bytes
2010-2013

Dean's List Finalist 2013 Waterloo Regional
  #26   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-01-2012, 08:56 PM
[Mass x Acceleration] be with you!
AKA: Princess Leia
no team

Rookie Year: 2009
torihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to torihoelscher

Krunch has to miss their school's prom this year. I want to go to Robo-Prom!! This would be the first time I have gone in the last 4 years. We were not allowed to go the last couple of years. I hope we can go this year! There are only 6 seniors...I really hope they let us go!

FLL
FTC
FRC

"May the [mass x acceleration] be with you"
"Aren't you a little short to be a storm trooper?"

Alumni of Team 79 Krunch.
  #27   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2012, 11:36 PM
Mentor
AKA: Jackie
FRC #0973 (The Greybots)

399thegeneral will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yes wear your prom dress! You wont be the only one, I'll be in a dress myself

People have been a bit creative when it comes to RoboProm I've seen a suit
completely made of duck tape and even a dress made up of tubes. Maybe there's a basketball dress out there
  #28   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Mentor
FRC #0973 (The Greybots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akoscielski3 View Post
Do people usually go with a date? or just go to hangout with all the robotics people?

I will be wearing something that goes perfect with my team colours and will be very obvious to see my legs.. hint hint
Some people take dates, but most people come to hang out and party
  #29   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Mentor
FRC #0973 (The Greybots)

Quote:
Originally Posted by torihoelscher View Post
Krunch has to miss their school's prom this year. I want to go to Robo-Prom!! This would be the first time I have gone in the last 4 years. We were not allowed to go the last couple of years. I hope we can go this year! There are only 6 seniors...I really hope they let us go!
I'll be missing my own Prom as well , which is why I'm super excited for RoboProm and hope you guys can make it!!
  #30   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 12:40 PM
[Mass x Acceleration] be with you!
AKA: Princess Leia
no team

Rookie Year: 2009
torihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant futuretorihoelscher has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to torihoelscher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 399thegeneral View Post
I'll be missing my own Prom as well , which is why I'm super excited for RoboProm and hope you guys can make it!!
It's like really? You know we have championship that weekend.....why did you plan Prom on Friday night!?!?! The school board is Confusing!!!!!!! I hope I can go! We should definitely talk at St Louis!

FLL
FTC
FRC

"May the [mass x acceleration] be with you"
"Aren't you a little short to be a storm trooper?"

Alumni of Team 79 Krunch.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: