OCCRA
Go to Post FIRST may very well be the healthiest drug on the market. - Herodotus [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming > NI LabVIEW
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-17-2012, 04:47 AM
FRC #1943

NeatTeam is an unknown quantity at this point
Camera GetImage stops code?

Hey. I've been working on our Vision Processing script for the past few days and I've ran into a problem that I have no idea how to fix. Sometimes, without any apparent reason, the GetImage freezes and stops the script. I tried copying it's code and creating my own version of the VI where I pass a "Timeout" value to the Wait VI, and as expected, at some times, instead of freezing the code it waits until it times out and returns a blank image.

What can cause this behaviour?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:28 AM
no team (Team NI)

Rookie Year: 2008
Greg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond reputeGreg McKaskle has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Camera GetImage stops code?

The Get Image VI returns when an image is available. At the lower levels, it does have a timeout, but that wasn't exposed up higher. If it doesn't return, it means that no image has been requested or sent by the camera. Make sure that the Acquire MJPG Loop is running and that the camera is connected, powered, etc.

Greg McKaskle
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-18-2012, 11:56 AM
FRC #1943

NeatTeam is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Camera GetImage stops code?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg McKaskle View Post
The Get Image VI returns when an image is available. At the lower levels, it does have a timeout, but that wasn't exposed up higher. If it doesn't return, it means that no image has been requested or sent by the camera. Make sure that the Acquire MJPG Loop is running and that the camera is connected, powered, etc.

Greg McKaskle
I checked, and the MJPG Loop VI is called at the beginning of the Vision Processing VI, as it is in the default code. Should it be called at any other point?

Plus, I am pretty sure the camera doesn't lose connection or power, since an updated video stream is still shown in the dashboard, even after we lose the connection in the code.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: