Go to Post push for what you think is right... just do it in the right way - Andy Baker [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming > NI LabVIEW
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-25-2012, 10:36 AM
FRC #3843

mickey is an unknown quantity at this point
Partial code deployment problem

Im trying to deploy stand-alone labview code to the cRIO. I compile and start deploying the code, but then, partway through the deployment, the robot almost always gives me an error that I cannot deploy target settings and stops. I reboot the cRIO, go to the Driver Station, and it says that there is communications with the robot, and there is code. But the diagnostics tab error messagees give me weird errors such as I have my solenoid module in the wrong spot (it is in slot 7, isnt that where it is supposed to be?) and my code then doesn't work at all (despite the fact I can enter teleop mode).
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Software Architect
FRC #0045 (TechnoKats)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Alan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alan Anderson
Re: Partial code deployment problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey View Post
I have my solenoid module in the wrong spot (it is in slot 7, isnt that where it is supposed to be?)
The module positions have been changed this year to accommodate the 4-slot cRIO.

Slot 1: first Analog
Slot 2: first Digital
Slot 3: first Solenoid (optional)
Slot 4: empty on an 8-slot cRIO, any second module (optional) on a 4-slot cRIO
Slot 5: second Analog (optional)
Slot 6: second Digital (optional)
Slot 7: second Solenoid (optional)
Slot 8: empty
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-25-2012, 07:39 PM
FRC #3843

mickey is an unknown quantity at this point

so slot 7 is for the second one! I switched the cards to the right spot, but the code still didn't deploy. I reformatted the controller and I could deploy code once. When I use the run style of deployment, it seems to refresh the system different than that of stand-alone deployment so that I can redeploy code iff I use run deployment. I suppose I will just deploy stand-alone deployment once and reformat the controller each time I want to re-deploy any code.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Software Architect
FRC #0045 (TechnoKats)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2004
Alan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alan Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey View Post
I reformatted the controller and I could deploy code once. When I use the run style of deployment, it seems to refresh the system different than that of stand-alone deployment so that I can redeploy code iff I use run deployment.
Check your CPU usage on the Driver Station's Charts tab. It sounds like your program might be using up all the processor time and not give the framework a chance to recognize that you want to load a new program. To verify that as the problem, turn on the "NO APP" switch and reboot the cRIO, then see if it will let you load code to run at startup. Make sure you turn the switch back off before letting it reboot after reloading.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: