Go to Post It seems ironic to me that a robotics competition would come down to human error, which is precisely what the field of robotics attempts to prevent. - David8696 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Regional Competitions
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2012, 02:22 PM
AKA: Kevin
FRC #0675 (Tech High Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2008
KevinGoneNuts has much to be proud ofKevinGoneNuts has much to be proud ofKevinGoneNuts has much to be proud ofKevinGoneNuts has much to be proud ofKevinGoneNuts has much to be proud ofKevinGoneNuts has much to be proud ofKevinGoneNuts has much to be proud ofKevinGoneNuts has much to be proud ofKevinGoneNuts has much to be proud of
Sacramento Regional 2012

Thought it was about time to start this thread up again this year! Who is getting excited for the competition? Less than a week away! I have two teams to root for this year so it should be fun!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2012, 04:43 PM
Electrical Mentor for Team 701
FRC #0701 (RoboVikes)
Team Role: Electrical

Rookie Year: 2007
Steven Sigley is a name known to allSteven Sigley is a name known to allSteven Sigley is a name known to allSteven Sigley is a name known to allSteven Sigley is a name known to allSteven Sigley is a name known to all
Re: Sacramento Regional 2012

I'm so excited for this year, Solano County has got 4 teams repping it with 701, 2085, 3013 and 4185.

Some more teams im excited to see compete:
692 The Fembots: Always fun to be at their scrimmage and see them at this regional, one of the friendliest teams
971 Spartan Robotics: world champions not too long ago, be afraid...
100 Wildhats: We at team 701 consider team 100 one of our bigger rivals and welcome any opportunity to compete against a strong robot.
115 MVRT: Routinely does well at this competition
1678 Citrus Circuits: Always find some way to impress me each year
604 Quixilver: I never remember their team number but they always build a great robot and get lots of awards
1351 TKO: hosted a great Cal Games one year and always a competitive bot

The Solano Alliance:
701 RoboVikes: I feel like we've been a pretty strong team the last few years and with how much work went into this year's robots we may finally be able to make that leap and win a regional.
2085 RoboDogs: Consistently strong bot, finalists last year.
3013 Zombots: Great robot, and when i played with them unstoppable on defense, shut down the Penguineers in 2009
4185 Fantastic Falcons: New team who 701 has lent a little help, can't wait to see what they do at their first competition.

Sorry for any teams i don't know, This competition is always great but my memory isn't the sharpest when it comes to remembering the teams.
I'm excited guys let's make this a great one!!!

Last edited by Steven Sigley : 03-09-2012 at 04:45 PM.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Secretary of Offense
AKA: Magnar
FRC #3189 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Leadership

Rookie Year: 2010
M_Bergman is an unknown quantity at this point

Team 3189's lookin' forward to the competition!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2012, 08:18 PM
Work it harder, make it better.
AKA: SuperNerd256
FRC #1323 (Madtown Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2011
Andrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Andrew Lawrence

SAC is gonna be so awesome this year! I wish we could make it, but 256 will be rocking SVR and CVR. Maybe next year.

Good luck to all the teams! Let's hope for another great year!

"The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint, the greats were great because they paint a lot" -Macklemore
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-09-2012, 08:51 PM
AKA: Ivan
FRC #0840 (Aragon Robotics Team)
Team Role: Programmer

Rookie Year: 2009
Navi is an unknown quantity at this point

Team 840 is excited to be there-- it's our first year competing in an event outside of SVR! See you all there.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-10-2012, 05:44 AM
Go Spartans!
FRC #0971 (Spartan Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2009
Scott Bahl is a glorious beacon of lightScott Bahl is a glorious beacon of lightScott Bahl is a glorious beacon of lightScott Bahl is a glorious beacon of lightScott Bahl is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Sigley View Post
I'm so excited for this year, Solano County has got 4 teams repping it with 701, 2085, 3013 and 4185.

Some more teams im excited to see compete:
692 The Fembots: Always fun to be at their scrimmage and see them at this regional, one of the friendliest teams
971 Spartan Robotics: world champions not too long ago, be afraid...
100 Wildhats: We at team 701 consider team 100 one of our bigger rivals and welcome any opportunity to compete against a strong robot.
115 MVRT: Routinely does well at this competition
1678 Citrus Circuits: Always find some way to impress me each year
604 Quixilver: I never remember their team number but they always build a great robot and get lots of awards
1351 TKO: hosted a great Cal Games one year and always a competitive bot

The Solano Alliance:
701 RoboVikes: I feel like we've been a pretty strong team the last few years and with how much work went into this year's robots we may finally be able to make that leap and win a regional.
2085 RoboDogs: Consistently strong bot, finalists last year.
3013 Zombots: Great robot, and when i played with them unstoppable on defense, shut down the Penguineers in 2009
4185 Fantastic Falcons: New team who 701 has lent a little help, can't wait to see what they do at their first competition.

Sorry for any teams i don't know, This competition is always great but my memory isn't the sharpest when it comes to remembering the teams.
I'm excited guys let's make this a great one!!!
Don't forget 1323, they always have a powerful robot.

971 is pumped for Sac!!!
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Creo Mentor, Treasurer Tau Beta Pi
AKA: Jonathan Stokes
FRC #1671 (Buchanan Bird Brains)

steelerborn has much to be proud ofsteelerborn has much to be proud ofsteelerborn has much to be proud ofsteelerborn has much to be proud ofsteelerborn has much to be proud ofsteelerborn has much to be proud ofsteelerborn has much to be proud ofsteelerborn has much to be proud ofsteelerborn has much to be proud ofsteelerborn has much to be proud of

1671 has a great bot again this year and is looking forward to some great competition this year

Here is a video of Doc VIII The Fish!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKYWxh8Zn28&context=C4253175ADvjVQa1PpcFNX HOABJxkBPRNzDv6Di84WmEHEN51NPGk=
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Andrew Nabors
AKA: Andrew Nabors
FRC #1671 (Buchanan Bird Brains)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2006
bhsrobotics1671 is a splendid one to beholdbhsrobotics1671 is a splendid one to beholdbhsrobotics1671 is a splendid one to beholdbhsrobotics1671 is a splendid one to beholdbhsrobotics1671 is a splendid one to beholdbhsrobotics1671 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to bhsrobotics1671 Send a message via MSN to bhsrobotics1671 Send a message via Skype™ to bhsrobotics1671

1671 can't wait to attend the sacramento regional and see the other teams from the central valley compete. It's always been a great regional.

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Electrical Mentor for Team 701
FRC #0701 (RoboVikes)
Team Role: Electrical

Steven Sigley is a name known to allSteven Sigley is a name known to allSteven Sigley is a name known to allSteven Sigley is a name known to allSteven Sigley is a name known to allSteven Sigley is a name known to all

Ah Yes Madtown, the regional chairmans winners in 2009. Nevermind the fact that they always compete well and end up high in our scouting system. Can't believe i overlooked them. Same with the bird brains, correct me if im wrong but they had an interesting robot last year and always seem to put together an impressive animation.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Wild Spartan?
AKA: Roger Romani
FRC #0100 (The Wildhats)
Team Role: Mechanical

Rookie Year: 2010
DampRobot has a reputation beyond reputeDampRobot has a reputation beyond reputeDampRobot has a reputation beyond reputeDampRobot has a reputation beyond reputeDampRobot has a reputation beyond reputeDampRobot has a reputation beyond reputeDampRobot has a reputation beyond reputeDampRobot has a reputation beyond reputeDampRobot has a reputation beyond reputeDampRobot has a reputation beyond reputeDampRobot has a reputation beyond repute

DampRobot will be there. I look forward to see all the great bots. Good luck, teams!

-Plutarch
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2012, 12:09 PM

KevinGoneNuts has much to be proud ofKevinGoneNuts has much to be proud ofKevinGoneNuts has much to be proud ofKevinGoneNuts has much to be proud ofKevinGoneNuts has much to be proud ofKevinGoneNuts has much to be proud ofKevinGoneNuts has much to be proud ofKevinGoneNuts has much to be proud ofKevinGoneNuts has much to be proud of

I think what will be interesting this year is Sacramento is mostly a defensive competition, and it's very difficult this year to play defense. I think this year SAC may have outcomes that no one will expect...
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2012, 12:39 PM

Andrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew Lawrence has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGoneNuts View Post
I think what will be interesting this year is Sacramento is mostly a defensive competition, and it's very difficult this year to play defense. I think this year SAC may have outcomes that no one will expect...
SAC usually is a defensive regional, however a lot of powerhouse teams from SVR will be going this year. The team im looking out for is 971. I have a feeling the defensive SAC veterans won't stand a chance against the unmatched power of NorCal.

"The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint, the greats were great because they paint a lot" -Macklemore
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNerd256 View Post
SAC usually is a defensive regional, however a lot of powerhouse teams from SVR will be going this year. The team im looking out for is 971. I have a feeling the defensive SAC veterans won't stand a chance against the unmatched power of NorCal.
Well true, but a lot of defensive teams have switched to offense this year. It will just be a whole new ball game this year.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGoneNuts View Post
Well true, but a lot of defensive teams have switched to offense this year. It will just be a whole new ball game this year.
Lol. It is, as you say, a whole new ball game this year. I've never quite seen a ball game like Rebound Rumble (Aim high is close, but never scoring in horizontal hoops).

And you bring up another interesting point; The teams who normally play defense will be playing offense this year, some of them for their first time. Will the new offensive teams be able to keep up with the veteran offensive teams?

Only time will tell. 4 days until SAC. You ready?

#15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Breathe in... Breathe out...
FRC #1678 (Citrus Circuits)

Rookie Year: 2002
Michael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Corsetto has a reputation beyond repute

Sacramento isn't a "defensive" regional as much as it is a "can't-play-offense-ive" regional. The average scores over the years speak for themselves, it's not like all those teams go into the competition intending to play defense. I expect a few teams to do well, but scores will be below average compared to other regionals.

-Mike
2012-2013 - Team 1662 - Lead Mentor, Coach
2013-20?? - Team 1678 - Mentor, Coach
**Like Us On Facebook!**
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: