Go to Post I've always believed that being who I was will not limit me to who I will be. That's what keeps me trying to learn more and become a better person. Otherwise I would've settled being someone ordinary and not care about anything around my life. - Ken Leung [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2012, 03:25 PM
AKA: Pat Murphy
FRC #0862 (Lightning Robtics)
Team Role: Mentor

pathew100 is a name known to allpathew100 is a name known to allpathew100 is a name known to allpathew100 is a name known to allpathew100 is a name known to allpathew100 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to pathew100
Re: 2012 Michigan State Qualifying Teams

Also, a reminder to all teams who are attending the Michigan State Championship:

This is a "3-day" event. That means there is NO "Robot Access Period" before the event. This means no unbagging at your shop before the event!

Link to agenda: http://www.firstinmichigan.org/FRC_2...hip/agenda.pdf
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-02-2012, 06:06 PM
AKA: Michael Chau
FRC #0085 (B.O.B. (Built on Brains))
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2010
MagiChau is just really niceMagiChau is just really niceMagiChau is just really niceMagiChau is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathew100 View Post
Also, a reminder to all teams who are attending the Michigan State Championship:

This is a "3-day" event. That means there is NO "Robot Access Period" before the event. This means no unbagging at your shop before the event!

Link to agenda: http://www.firstinmichigan.org/FRC_2...hip/agenda.pdf
To add on to this, Wednesday 6-9PM will be a Robot Access Period. I believe last year the robot had to remain in the bag on Wednesday. Please correct me if I am wrong.
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-03-2012, 06:52 PM
AKA: Brendan
FRC #0548 (Robostangs/Looking for one near Purdue)

Rookie Year: 2009
Bjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=VexisDarksteele;1152580]Yes, and you guys actually have a really good chance of it. I personally know of a team that's qualified that is struggling to find the funds for it, and they may not be able to attend due to not having the $4,000.

QUOTE]

Would you mind telling me what team this is? Last year we helped a team fund their way to states and would like to help again.
Toronto Regional quarter finalists. Northville Winners/ Chairman's Winners. Troy Finalist/ GM Industrial Design Award. Michigan State Championship Finalists. CMP Newton Division winners! Triple Balance count 13. Thanks to 1075, 4307, 67, 3656, 217, 2604, 2054, 245, 118, and 2194! Photo credit for my avatar Dan Ernst

#19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Founding Toaster
AKA: Kerry P.
FRC #3641 (The Flying Toasters)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2011
VexisDarksteele has much to be proud ofVexisDarksteele has much to be proud ofVexisDarksteele has much to be proud ofVexisDarksteele has much to be proud ofVexisDarksteele has much to be proud ofVexisDarksteele has much to be proud ofVexisDarksteele has much to be proud ofVexisDarksteele has much to be proud ofVexisDarksteele has much to be proud ofVexisDarksteele has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjenks548 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexisDarksteele View Post
Yes, and you guys actually have a really good chance of it. I personally know of a team that's qualified that is struggling to find the funds for it, and they may not be able to attend due to not having the $4,000.
Would you mind telling me what team this is? Last year we helped a team fund their way to states and would like to help again.
Actually, I was pleasantly surprised to see their name appear on the confirmed teams list this afternoon. It's 3656, Dexter's team. Their mentors weren't sure about funding when we spoke to them two weeks ago, because the school district had to make some repairs to the building from the tornado. I'm not sure if they still need financial help, but you could always try contacting their team.

2011: Rookie Inspiration Award
2012: Imagery Award, Engineering Excellence
2012 Dean's List Nominee
2013: Gull Lake District Chairman's Award, Engineering Inspiration Award (Livonia), District Champion (Livonia)
OCCRA (Team 777): 2010: Judge's Award 2011: Quality Award, Technical Excellence, Spirit of the Competition 2012: Beautiful Bot, Quality Award, Technical Excellence, Championship Semi-Finalist, Foundation Award Finalist
  #20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-03-2012, 08:34 PM
AKA: Brendan
FRC #0548 (Robostangs/Looking for one near Purdue)

Bjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond reputeBjenks548 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexisDarksteele View Post
Actually, I was pleasantly surprised to see their name appear on the confirmed teams list this afternoon. It's 3656, Dexter's team. Their mentors weren't sure about funding when we spoke to them two weeks ago, because the school district had to make some repairs to the building from the tornado. I'm not sure if they still need financial help, but you could always try contacting their team.
Thanks! Crazy last year we help 3539 the byting bulldogs (our co-champ from waterford) now we get to reach out to the Dreadbots (our co-champs from Northville this year).
Toronto Regional quarter finalists. Northville Winners/ Chairman's Winners. Troy Finalist/ GM Industrial Design Award. Michigan State Championship Finalists. CMP Newton Division winners! Triple Balance count 13. Thanks to 1075, 4307, 67, 3656, 217, 2604, 2054, 245, 118, and 2194! Photo credit for my avatar Dan Ernst

#21   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 10:58 AM
FRC #2834 (Bionic Black Hawks [formerly Bionic Barons])
Team Role: Coach

Ed Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond repute

The ranking list has been updated to include all tiebreaks. You can find it on http://www.firstinmichigan.us/FRC_20...12_season.html. I have to go to the 8th tiebreak to separate all 190 teams. If you find an error, please let me know. The same semi-automated process to rank the teams will be used at the Michigan State Championship and the list of teams who advance to World Championship will be announced at the end of the Award ceremony. I want to make sure the process that is used is 100% correct as there is no time to check for error at the State Championship.
  #22   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 12:10 PM
FRC #0910

johnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond reputejohnr has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any way to mark the rankings with wether or not a team accepted the invite to champs? Maybe an * in the team number column to show that they quilified but declined invite. The question comes up every year how far down they had to go and this would be a quick way to find it.
  #23   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 01:02 PM
AKA: Mike
FRC #3568 (RoboEagles)

Roboeagles is an unknown quantity at this point

Our team almost was not able to attend because of funding. The school provided the money but our team will have to fundraise to pay it back.
  #24   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 01:07 PM
AKA: Debbie May
FRC #1023 (Bedford Express)

Rookie Year: 2000
Debbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboeagles View Post
Our team almost was not able to attend because of funding. The school provided the money but our team will have to fundraise to pay it back.
We do a "200 for $20" campaign for states. We make fliers and tell that we qualified for states and are trying to earn the money to go. We try to find 200 people that will give $20. We have 30 kids on the team, and we set a goal of each one trying to get 7- 8 $20 sponsors. We canvas our township and pass out fliers to all of the businesses. We have done this for the past 3 years and we earn the money very quickly. Many people are willing to chip in a small amount if you have earned the rights to go. Feel free to give it a try, and if you want to see our flier, just message me, or check our team webpage. The first year we did it, we only had a week to earn it, and we had our $4,000 in 2 days. Just have to get the team to post on FB, pass out fliers, and get involved with it. Hope that helps! Good luck and see you in a week!

Bedford Express Varsity Letter Video BX Facebook
  #25   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-04-2012, 02:46 PM
FRC #2834 (Bionic Black Hawks [formerly Bionic Barons])

Ed Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond reputeEd Law has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr View Post
Is there any way to mark the rankings with wether or not a team accepted the invite to champs? Maybe an * in the team number column to show that they quilified but declined invite. The question comes up every year how far down they had to go and this would be a quick way to find it.
I like your idea. It will be interesting to see. The easiest way to do it is to wait until the 64 teams are registered, then compare the spreadsheet to see who is not going. However posting it online on FiM website will only last a few days as it will be replaced as soon as the State Championship is over and new ranking is posted. We do not want too many colors showing too many things as it can get confusing. If I have time, I will do that and post it here on this thread.
  #26   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-05-2012, 06:35 AM
AKA: Mike
FRC #3568 (RoboEagles)

Roboeagles is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Debbie - I'll take a look at your website. We might borrow the idea.
  #27   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-05-2012, 07:06 AM
AKA: Debbie May
FRC #1023 (Bedford Express)

Rookie Year: 2000
Debbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond reputeDebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboeagles View Post
Thanks Debbie - I'll take a look at your website. We might borrow the idea.
No Problem. It really is an easy way to quickly collect your state fee! Let me know if you need anything!

Bedford Express Varsity Letter Video BX Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: