OCCRA
Go to Post Nothing worth gaining was ever obtained without effort. - Jaine Perotti [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #121   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:51 PM
AKA: Zack Cornelius
no team

Rookie Year: 2006
miriad is an unknown quantity at this point
118 did run flawlessly on Newton though, not even the least connection problem.
  #122   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Team 195 Alumni & Former Driver
no team (The Cyber Knights)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2009
NickTosta is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Einstein 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnishi2011 View Post
Didn't 118 have a similar problem at CT?
Yeah. Never dropped communication once the whole competition once the whole time. In the semifinals they didnt move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriad View Post
118 did run flawlessly on Newton though, not even the least connection problem.
Yup. Just like CT. Strange, huh?

Oh, and didnt they work perfectly at lone star and the alamo?

Last edited by NickTosta : 04-28-2012 at 07:56 PM.
  #123   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Inspired
FRC #1559 (Devil tech)

Rookie Year: 2008
Sean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant futureSean Raia has a brilliant future

The curse persists. Hey, at least it was a clean match.
  #124   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:56 PM
LED Junkie
FRC #0111 (WildStang)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2009
JoshSmith is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmannn1 View Post
Replay Einstein at IRI?
Definitely. No crazy field issues to ruin the competition. I would consider CNC'ing some awards just for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephC View Post
I'll have them up on a few hours
These will be interesting to read. Not sure what logging capabilities have with regards to the field management system. I would like to see the field's logs. I wonder if the cameras and QoS subsystem could have a hand in this huge failure.
  #125   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:58 PM
1 + 1 = 0 (in Z/2Z)
AKA: Andy D.
FRC #1482 (Bishop Grandin Ghosts)

Rookie Year: 2011
lorem3k is a splendid one to beholdlorem3k is a splendid one to beholdlorem3k is a splendid one to beholdlorem3k is a splendid one to beholdlorem3k is a splendid one to beholdlorem3k is a splendid one to behold

At least there were no comm issues in the last match...

Congratulations 16, 25, and 180!
  #126   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:59 PM
#8 Alliance For Life
AKA: Sean Lavery
FRC #1712 (DAWGMA)

Rookie Year: 2003
Lil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond reputeLil' Lavery has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Lil' Lavery

Not a single triple balance on Einstein because half of the robots that would have done were sitting dead. What a joke.
  #127   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 07:59 PM
(Insert witty comment here)
FRC #0057 (The Leopards)

Rookie Year: 1998
Kevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Sevcik Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin Sevcik

I wasn't watching every match at LSR, but I didn't hear anything from 118 about comms issues there. Also, did anyone else's webcast die? and right before chairman's!

EDIT: That Curie curse is powerful ju-ju if it took down the entire webcast with it in the loss.

Lone Star Regional Troubleshooter
  #128   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:01 PM
no team

Racer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond reputeRacer26 has a reputation beyond repute

Chairmans was already awarded to 1114 at the start of Einstein
  #129   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:01 PM
FRC #0857

Rookie Year: 2007
Christopher149 has much to be proud ofChristopher149 has much to be proud ofChristopher149 has much to be proud ofChristopher149 has much to be proud ofChristopher149 has much to be proud ofChristopher149 has much to be proud ofChristopher149 has much to be proud ofChristopher149 has much to be proud ofChristopher149 has much to be proud ofChristopher149 has much to be proud of

Lost the feed on the word 'just'.
  #130   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:02 PM
Godzilla
FRC #1884 (The Griffins)
Team Role: College Student

George Nishimura is a splendid one to beholdGeorge Nishimura is a splendid one to beholdGeorge Nishimura is a splendid one to beholdGeorge Nishimura is a splendid one to beholdGeorge Nishimura is a splendid one to beholdGeorge Nishimura is a splendid one to beholdGeorge Nishimura is a splendid one to beholdGeorge Nishimura is a splendid one to behold

Well, I think that last match showed that the better alliance won the Finals. There were comms problems still. Sigh.

Interesting though that, if I'm not mistaken, not a single triple on Einstein. Mainly due to comms, but even in that last match the blue alliance didn't try it.

I'm not sure how they managed to get 16 as their third pick, but congratulations to 180, 25, 16 for becoming World Champions!

Commiserations to 987/233/207 for being finalists, and 2056/1114/4334 and 118/548/2194 for reaching Einstein!

It wasn't exactly free of problems, and it wasn't the spectacle we all were expecting and hoped for, but the Championship Event itself was pretty amazing to watch. I'm glad I sacrificed my revision to watch it.

Website | YouTube | 2012 Animation | Twitter | Facebook

Last edited by George Nishimura : 04-28-2012 at 08:09 PM.
  #131   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:02 PM
(Insert witty comment here)
FRC #0057 (The Leopards)

Rookie Year: 1998
Kevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond reputeKevin Sevcik has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Kevin Sevcik Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin Sevcik

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1075guy View Post
Chairmans was already awarded to 1114 at the start of Einstein
K. So I wasn't watching then. Nevertheless, the webcast is down when there's still awards to be awarded.

Lone Star Regional Troubleshooter
  #132   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:03 PM
FRC #2423 (KwarQs)

Rookie Year: 2008
AmoryG has much to be proud ofAmoryG has much to be proud ofAmoryG has much to be proud ofAmoryG has much to be proud ofAmoryG has much to be proud ofAmoryG has much to be proud ofAmoryG has much to be proud ofAmoryG has much to be proud of

Congrats to the champs, you deserved it as much as everyone else did who made it to einstein. But honestly, it's a little sad that I payed more attention to the comments on the webcast than the actual matches themselves. *sigh*

2008 Boston Regional Rookie Allstars

http://whsrobot.blogspot.com/
  #133   Spotlight this post!  
Going full circle
AKA: Josepher
FRC #5400 (Team WARP)

Joe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Joe G.

987 was dead for part of the last final match

2007-2010: Student, FRC 1687, Highlander Robotics
2012-2014: Technical Mentor, FRC 1687, Highlander Robotics
2015-???: Lead Mentor, FRC 5400, Team WARP

http://wordsaboutrobots.blogspot.com/, the place where I make words about making robots. Updated 7/30.
  #134   Spotlight this post!  
4 Banners, 6 medals, 1 insane year!
AKA: Brendan Browne, Sensei, Mentuar
FRC #3467 (Windham Windup Robotics) 1519 (Alumni)

BrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond reputeBrendanB has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to BrendanB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Sevcik View Post
K. So I wasn't watching then. Nevertheless, the webcast is down when there's still awards to be awarded.
Was it the NASA channel? Reason being that it stopped at 7pm probably because it was scheduled to end before 7 so nasa reserved a slot until then.

2013 Pine Tree Regional Champions with 2648 and 2386 + Engineering Excellence Award
2013 Archimedes Judges Award
2014 UNH District Champions with 58 & 4555 + Chairmans Award
2014 Northeastern District Champions with 125 & 5000 + Engineering Inspiration Award
2014 New England District Championship Engineering Inspiration Award
2014 Archimedes Division Champions with 2590, 1625, & 1477
  #135   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-28-2012, 08:04 PM
I do stuff.
AKA: Phil Lopreiato
FRC #1124 (The ÜberBots), FRC #1418 (Vae Victus)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2010
plnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond reputeplnyyanks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickTosta View Post
Also, my programmer just pointed out that the terrible weather makes an excellent metaphor for the issues on einstein.
I can't see electrical storms being all that good for wifi networks.... Have there been any incidents in the past where the field was downed by weather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriad View Post
As a volunteer that works with FMS regularly- it logs everything. Absolutely everything. Any scoring, robot/ds communications (packet logging, I think), and any problems
Do you if there's any way we could get at the Einstein FMS logs? y'know... for science?

And everybody, let's try to keep a cool head. I know it's rough emotionally, and it's easy to get carried away. But that's won't solve anything. We're engineers. We fix problems, not complain about them.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: