OCCRA
Go to Post i do not TOUCH the robot. i don't even press the load button or the reset button. nooo touchy. but i like it better like that, this way, when something goes wrong, i can wholly blame the electronics ppl - nehalita [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Electrical > CAN
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-29-2012, 08:44 PM
AKA: Michael Reffler
FRC #1089 (Mercury)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Phalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond repute
CAN Commands Formats & Documentation

Does anyone know if or where the CAN commands that are used in FRC are documented?

I'm planning on doing some prototyping with an Ardunio and CAN Shield, with the FRC Jaguars.

If anyone can point me to the formats, structure, documentation that be great.

Thanks.

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-29-2012, 09:45 PM
FRC #0469

qzrrbz is a splendid one to beholdqzrrbz is a splendid one to beholdqzrrbz is a splendid one to beholdqzrrbz is a splendid one to beholdqzrrbz is a splendid one to beholdqzrrbz is a splendid one to beholdqzrrbz is a splendid one to behold
Re: CAN Commands Formats & Documentation

You probably ought to get in contact with the "Cross the Road" folks. They do CAN in a big way, and probably know what they're doing...
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Software Architect
FRC #0045 (TechnoKats)

Rookie Year: 2004
Alan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Alan Anderson

If you aren't using the FRC control system, you would probably be better off using the non-FRC Jaguar firmware. Its documentation is as complete as it gets -- the source code is freely available.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-30-2012, 01:29 PM
AKA: Michael Reffler
FRC #1089 (Mercury)

Rookie Year: 1999
Phalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond reputePhalanx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qzrrbz
You probably ought to get in contact with the "Cross the Road" folks. They do CAN in a big way, and probably know what they're doing...
Thanks, that's a great idea. Why didn't I think of that since we do use 2CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Anderson
you would probably be better off using the non-FRC Jaguar firmware. Its documentation is as complete as it gets -- the source code is freely available.
Thanks, I've downloaded the Developers CD from TI. I'll begin exploring it.

As for the firmware, I'm going to try to work with the FRC version as I'm very curious as to it's innards(firmware) and how it responds. Whether or not I'm successful using the FRC doesn't really matter it's part of my plan to see what I can get if anything. I can swap firmware easy enough to run comparison tests.

Thanks again, everyone.

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-30-2012, 02:26 PM
National Instruments
AKA: Joe Hershberger
FRC #2468 (Appreciate)

Rookie Year: 1997
jhersh has a reputation beyond reputejhersh has a reputation beyond reputejhersh has a reputation beyond reputejhersh has a reputation beyond reputejhersh has a reputation beyond reputejhersh has a reputation beyond reputejhersh has a reputation beyond reputejhersh has a reputation beyond reputejhersh has a reputation beyond reputejhersh has a reputation beyond reputejhersh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
As for the firmware, I'm going to try to work with the FRC version as I'm very curious as to it's innards(firmware) and how it responds. Whether or not I'm successful using the FRC doesn't really matter it's part of my plan to see what I can get if anything. I can swap firmware easy enough to run comparison tests.
The only difference between the FRC firmware and the stock firmware is the safety features that prevent the Jaguar from driving the motor unless the FMS or DS are talking to the cRIO. Use the stock firmware.

-Joe

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: