Go to Post I guess it's true, 'There is no replacement for displacement'. - Andy A. [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Old Forum Archives > 2000
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-23-2002, 11:16 PM
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Just for fun.

Posted by nick237.

Engineer on team #237, sie h2o bots, from Watertown high school ct and sieman co.

Posted on 10/29/2000 3:00 PM MST

How about a little fun......
Anyone want to have a guess at next years game, i'll go FIRST hahaha.
4 robots same as this year with aliances. In the center of the floor is a PUCK like last year except there is only one wheel in the center 6' lower than the PUCK so it 'teeter toters' in the center. In the middle of the Puck is a 6' high pole fixed to the Puck straight up in the air.
Each player station has 6 inflatable rings 2' dia ' red or blue ' and at the far end of the field 10' off the ground is a tree type object with more rings at different hights.
SCORING would be for each ring on the Puck doubling for rings on the center pole, doubling again if a robot is on the Puck and doubling again if the aliance is on the Puck too.
Think of the fun it would be to see if a robot could climb on the Puck if the Puck had bots on it already?
and the low side was blocked.
Just for fun.............
Nick team 237.

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Just for fun.

Posted by Matt Ryan.

Student on team #69, HYPER, from Quincy Public Schools and Gillette.

Posted on 10/29/2000 6:31 PM MST

In Reply to: Just for fun. posted by nick237 on 10/29/2000 3:00 PM MST:

Isn't that sort of like Ladder Logic?

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: Just for fun.

Posted by Matt Leese.

Other on team #73 from Edison Technical HS and Rochester Institute of Technology.

Posted on 10/29/2000 8:01 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Just for fun. posted by Matt Ryan on 10/29/2000 6:31 PM MST:

: Isn't that sort of like Ladder Logic?
Do you mean toroid terror? Ladder Logic used balls. I mean, the proposed game does use tubes.....

Matt Leese

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Bring Back The Puck!!!

Posted by Andy Grady.

Other on team in limbo from in limbo sponsored by in limbo.

Posted on 10/29/2000 8:32 PM MST

Oh I like that idea!

Peace,
Andy Grady

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

a great mix of all of the games after 97

Posted by Erin.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Other on team #1, ., from alumni of the juggernauts and ..

Posted on 10/30/2000 6:21 AM MST

Here is a decent idea. Tell me what you think.

2 on 2. Robots start next to the opposition (1 red next to 1 blue- and the other 1/2 of allience on the other side of the field, 1 red next to 1 blue).
Your objective- score as high as possible. Your QP's are all of the points of which you have scored averaged however not based on the other alliances' score. So if you win, you must win BIG.
The scoring objects:
Black Balls (10 pts.)
Yellow Balls (1 pt.)
Blue and Red Floppies (according to team color) (5 pts. each)
White Intertubes (5 pts.)
Bed and Red Intertubes (based on team color) (5 pts. each).

There will be 4 troughs- in the shape of 98's game field. On each trough there will be marked areas where the point value increases if you are able to place your alliances ball in that particular area.
Then, you have to also grab as many 'floppies' as possible and raise them over 8' high in the air- but only if you are hanging from the center ring that all of the troughs extend from. However, you have to hang from this circular shaped object by climbing on top of a moveable object (in the basic framework of the puck) ONLY IT IS A 3-sided 'pyramid' shaped RAMP.
But remember, before all of this, you must place as many of your team's intertubes on the poles hanging at the far ends of the troughs as possible.
And your robots are allowed to be 150 lbs, and they are allowed to have devices with intentions of damaging other robots!! (no wait, edit out that last part!!)
The doubler would be the actual hanging of the robot and then the tripler would be every floppy over 8 feet high (only while hanging on the pole).
And you can even hang off of other people's robots.

That would be the ultimate game.
Esp. on uneven terrain or WATER.
I have too much time on my hands.
-erin

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Ahhh!!! Too Much going on!!!

Posted by Nate Smith.

Other on team #66, GM Powertrain/Willow Run HS, from Eastern Michigan University and GM Powertrain.

Posted on 10/31/2000 2:18 PM MST

In Reply to: a great mix of all of the games after 97 posted by Erin on 10/30/2000 6:21 AM MST:

While I'm all for a game that gives options on ways to score, this one sounds like TOO much would be going on...and talk about a nightmare to try and explain...

Other than that...not bad =)

nate
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

I think I have to agree with Nate....

Posted by Lora Knepper.

Other on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and NASA, Mathsoft, Solidworks, Analog Devices.

Posted on 10/31/2000 3:10 PM MST

In Reply to: Ahhh!!! Too Much going on!!! posted by Nate Smith on 10/31/2000 2:18 PM MST:

Interesting idea Erin, and I must say I'm intregued...but I had to read it 3 times to get the full idea in my head...if we thought explaining this year to the non-FIRSTer was bad....just try that game! And I'm seeing a large amount of chaos on the field....

Nice job though =)

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

BUT ITS MY MASTER CREATION!!!

Posted by Erin.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Other on team #1, ., from alumni of the juggernauts and ..

Posted on 11/1/2000 6:32 AM MST

In Reply to: I think I have to agree with Nate.... posted by Lora Knepper on 10/31/2000 3:10 PM MST:

it was a joke

but if I could bring anything back, it would be the puck and the floppies (great pillows in pits!!!)

...and of course, Juggy 99 along with it.

-erin

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: