Go to Post I need to start using "ThunderChickens!" as an exclamation - Jessica Boucher [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Old Forum Archives > 2001
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-23-2002, 09:16 PM
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Pneumatics Arrive.........

Posted by Matt Leese at 1/3/2001 3:36 PM EST

Other on team #73 from Edison Technical HS and Alstom & Rochester Institute of Technology.

I walked down to the postoffice after lunch today (it's on campus and that's where they keep my mail) and I find that a package is waiting for me. What could it be? Well, it turns out that the pneumatics have been shipped (or I'm incredibly hallucinating). In the kit we get a compressor again (bye bye bulky tank) and two accumulators. Honestly, I'm not particularly knoweldegable about pneumatics so I can only give basic impressions. The manual looked a tad thin but there is a video included and a book on fluid power in general which looks pretty nice. Given that we have pneumatics I'm seriously doubting we'll get to use hydraloics this year. I'm not sure if it was possible to order additional pistons before (we never used pneumatics) but there's an easy order form to order more now. They can be up to 1' stroke length. Overall, it looks like they did a pretty good job getting the pneumatics together. Now just to find room to store them in my dorm. *sigh*

Matt
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
I feel left out.

Posted by Raul at 1/3/2001 7:28 PM EST

Engineer on team #111, Wildstang, from Rolling Meadows & Wheeling HS and Motorola.

In Reply to: Pneumatics Arrive.........
Posted by Matt Leese on 1/3/2001 3:36 PM EST:

There sure is a lot of activity before the kickoff.

Let's see. Dr. Joe is getting emails about the game. Andy Baker is getting rules for the regionals. Matt Leese is getting pnuematic stuff. I don't know if I can believe any of this. How come we're not getting anything ?

Raul

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Pneumatics are here - seriously!

Posted by Andy Baker at 1/3/2001 11:01 PM EST

Engineer on team #45, TechnoKats, from Kokomo High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

In Reply to: I feel left out.
Posted by Raul on 1/3/2001 7:28 PM EST:

Raul,

A nice box 'o pneumatics showed up in front of my garage today. Matt is not kidding.

This is serious... no oceanfront property here.

Looking at the kit, this is the first time that we can seriously use pneumatics on our robots. NFPA and FIRST have put a lot of thought into this and should be thanked.

Beefy cylinders, a 4 lb. 11 oz. pump that goes to 120 psi, two small accumulators, double and single solenoid valves (not the wimpy air-piloted ones!), and lots of fittings, flow controls, and regulators are all included.

Our box got kinda sloppy as I drooled over it.

Andy B.

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

More detailed list of what is included

Posted by Andy Baker at 1/3/2001 11:29 PM EST

Engineer on team #45, TechnoKats, from Kokomo High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

In Reply to: Pneumatics are here - seriously!
Posted by Andy Baker on 1/3/2001 11:01 PM EST:

Here's is what is included:

1. Cylinders:
...3/4'bore x 8' stroke w/ mount bkt and clevis (1)
...1+1/2'bore x 6' stroke w/ mount bkt and clevis (1)
...and (get this!) we get to order any nominal size cylinder from the participating manufacturers... our bore choices are 3/4', 1+1/2', and 2' and with strokes up to 12'!!! (max 4)

2. Accumulators:
...2' bore x 6' long (2)

3. Regulators:
...60 psi non-adjustable (w/ gauge)
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: More detailed list of what is included

Posted by Matt Leese at 1/4/2001 7:06 AM EST

Other on team #73 from Edison Technical HS and Alstom & Rochester Institute of Technology.

In Reply to: More detailed list of what is included
Posted by Andy Baker on 1/3/2001 11:29 PM EST:

: 1. Cylinders:
: ...3/4'bore x 8' stroke w/ mount bkt and clevis (1)
: ...1+1/2'bore x 6' stroke w/ mount bkt and clevis (1)
: ...and (get this!) we get to order any nominal size cylinder from the participating manufacturers... our bore choices are 3/4', 1+1/2', and 2' and with strokes up to 12'!!! (max 4)
There's no way a 12' long cylinder's ever gonna fit on a robot.......Change all occurances of ' with ' and you're good to go (basically all measurements are given in feet, he meant inches).

Matt

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Double Apostrophes do not show up on Forum

Posted by Raul at 1/4/2001 8:51 AM EST

Engineer on team #111, Wildstang, from Rolling Meadows & Wheeling HS and Motorola.

In Reply to: Re: More detailed list of what is included
Posted by Matt Leese on 1/4/2001 7:06 AM EST:

Matt,
look at your post again. We have to use the word 'inch' instead of using the double apostrophe symbol.

Raul

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: Double Apostrophes do not show up on Forum

Posted by Matt Leese at 1/4/2001 10:33 AM EST

In Reply to: Double Apostrophes do not show up on Forum
Posted by Raul on 1/4/2001 8:51 AM EST:

: Matt,
: look at your post again. We have to use the word 'inch' instead of using the double apostrophe symbol.

: Raul

That's what I get for not previewing...grrrr.....my apologies.

Matt

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

My fault

Posted by Andy Baker at 1/4/2001 10:53 AM EST

I should know better by now not to put ' in as inches... duh.

As for the info you requested... I don't have any paperwork in front of me right now. If you're thinking about using the pump to make that hovercraft that goes over the moguls on this year's playing field, then this pump may not be powerful enough.

Andy B.

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Actually my fault...

Posted by Brandon Martus at 1/4/2001 1:15 PM EST

Other on team #47, ChiefDelphi, from PCHS and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Tonight, I'll make it so double-quotes will show up.

Mistake on my part.

: Matt,
: look at your post again. We have to use the word 'inch' instead of using the double apostrophe symbol.

: Raul

#10   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Yeah, it IS your fault...

Posted by Joe Johnson at 1/4/2001 2:30 PM EST

Engineer on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

In Reply to: Actually my fault...
Posted by Brandon Martus on 1/4/2001 1:15 PM EST:

And while your fixing this shameful mess you like to call a web site ;-) Can you make it so that we can cut and past PBASIC code in the message. I think all the less than and greater than signs give it a brain tumor or something.

Not a big thing, but since you have to fix your screw up any way...

Joe J.

#11   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

#12   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

try again "' < > / ! ~ () etc

Posted by Brandon Martus at 1/5/2001 2:19 AM EST

In Reply to: Yeah, it IS your fault...
Posted by Joe Johnson on 1/4/2001 2:30 PM EST:

try em.
&quot;
'
[
]

~
!

: And while your fixing this shameful mess you like to call a web site ;-) Can you make it so that we can cut and past PBASIC code in the message. I think all the less than and greater than signs give it a brain tumor or something.

: Not a big thing, but since you have to fix your screw up any way...

: Joe J.

#13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-23-2002, 09:17 PM
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: try again "' < > / ! ~ () etc

Posted by Brandon Martus at 1/5/2001 2:23 AM EST

In Reply to: try again &quot;' / ! ~ () etc
Posted by Brandon Martus on 1/5/2001 2:19 AM EST:

and once more, just to test out internal stuff.

] [ ( ) / &gt; # &quot; '

: try em.
: &quot;
: '
: [
: ]
:
: ~
: !

:
: : And while your fixing this shameful mess you like to call a web site ;-) Can you make it so that we can cut and past PBASIC code in the message. I think all the less than and greater than signs give it a brain tumor or something.

: : Not a big thing, but since you have to fix your screw up any way...

: : Joe J.

#14   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Need 1 more spec.

Posted by Raul at 1/4/2001 8:57 AM EST

Engineer on team #111, Wildstang, from Rolling Meadows &amp; Wheeling HS and Motorola.

In Reply to: More detailed list of what is included
Posted by Andy Baker on 1/3/2001 11:29 PM EST:

Andy,

Does the compressor have a curve or rating of flowrate vs. pressure. That would tell us the power rating of the compressor. One can plot a similar curve for power as done with the motors.

For example, I assume the 120psi (psig?) max is at or close to zero flowrate. What is the flow rate at 60 psig, at 90 psig, at 0 psig, etc?

Raul

#15   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

10 amps how much can it be...

Posted by Joe Johnson at 1/4/2001 9:12 AM EST

Engineer on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

In Reply to: Need 1 more spec.
Posted by Raul on 1/4/2001 8:57 AM EST:

I think I saw a 10 Amp rating somewhere on the pump. With only 120 Watts (10Amps X 12 Volts) going in, I suppose less than 20 make it to the piston (without an accumulator of course).

I suppose that the steady state power is somewhere about what a seat motor can provide.

Joe J.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: