OCCRA
Go to Post "So we have an arm, and the pot on it tells how high we are... ...and then we know how high we want to be... ...and if we're not high enough we go higher." (I have to leave the room, we're all laughing too much.) - demosthenes2k8 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Old Forum Archives > 2001
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-23-2002, 11:53 PM
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Stats page

Posted by Josh Vetter at 1/30/2001 10:45 PM EST

Student on team #548, Robostangs, from Northville High School and BOSCH.

Is it just me, or does the stats page seem to be missing? Or am I just going blind from building robots?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
no more...

Posted by Ken Leung at 1/30/2001 10:55 PM EST

Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M. Gunn Senior High School.

In Reply to: Stats page
Posted by Josh Vetter on 1/30/2001 10:45 PM EST:

: Is it just me, or does the stats page seem to be missing? Or am I just going blind from building robots?

The stat page is now not available to the public due to harmful psychological effect to the people as well as this forum. I suppose they were convinced that the stat page did nothing but bad things to this place, and had to remove the link and restrict access to the page.

It's just too bad.

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

i actually am looking for the search page..?? where'd it go?

Posted by Anton Abaya at 1/30/2001 11:45 PM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and NONE AT THE MOMENT! .

In Reply to: no more...
Posted by Ken Leung on 1/30/2001 10:55 PM EST:

: : Is it just me, or does the stats page seem to be missing? Or am I just going blind from building robots?

: The stat page is now not available to the public due to harmful psychological effect to the people as well as this forum. I suppose they were convinced that the stat page did nothing but bad things to this place, and had to remove the link and restrict access to the page.

: It's just too bad.

anybody?

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

the icon at upper right corner

Posted by Ken Leung at 1/31/2001 12:08 AM EST

Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M. Gunn Senior High School.

In Reply to: i actually am looking for the search page..?? where'd it go?
Posted by Anton Abaya on 1/30/2001 11:45 PM EST:

It's the little magnifying glass icon at the upper right corner, right next to the white paper link.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

speaking of searching...

Posted by Brandon Martus at 1/31/2001 2:13 AM EST

Other on team #47, ChiefDelphi, from PCHS and Delphi Automotive Systems.

In Reply to: the icon at upper right corner
Posted by Ken Leung on 1/31/2001 12:08 AM EST:

Our host got a little upset when we took 80+% of our servers processor every night indexing our 10000+ files.

I will index the files probably once a week.

FYI.
-Brandon

: It's the little magnifying glass icon at the upper right corner, right next to the white paper link.

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: speaking of searching...

Posted by Joe Ross at 1/31/2001 3:17 AM EST

Engineer on team #330, Beach Bot, from Hope Chapel Academy and NASA/JPL , J&F Machine, and Raytheon.

In Reply to: speaking of searching...
Posted by Brandon Martus on 1/31/2001 2:13 AM EST:

: I will index the files probably once a week.

does this mean that we won't be able to find messages posted withing the last week?

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Josh Vetter at 1/31/2001 2:58 PM EST

In Reply to: Re: speaking of searching...
Posted by Joe Ross on 1/31/2001 3:17 AM EST:

But what about the stats page? Will it be ever return? My most exciting thing every day is checking the stats, and seeing that i'm not all the way at the bottom, or off the list.

: : I will index the files probably once a week.

: does this mean that we won't be able to find messages posted withing the last week?

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Michael Martus at 1/31/2001 7:23 PM EST

Coach on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central H.S. and Delphi Automotives Systems.

Posted by Josh Vetter on 1/31/2001 2:58 PM EST:

Not likely to return soon. There are many reasons. We will update with a post every so often.

Sorry for the change. We are reviewing the status.

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

My Thoughts on the precious stats.

Posted by Justin at 2/1/2001 6:03 PM EST

Other on team Blue Lightning Alumni Association from RWU sponsored by FIRST-A-holics Anonymous.

Posted by Josh Vetter on 1/31/2001 2:58 PM EST:

First off let me start out by saying that while this is a reply it is not an attack on the poster of the message. My personal views on the stats page is that they were doing more harm than good. I know of at least two or three people who told me that it was thier mission in life to elevate themselves and thier to the top of the stats page. While this is perhaps a way to waste time during the off season. I think that it just wastes everyone's time during the actual season. When people get caught up in this kind of pettyness they start posting messages for the sake of posting them an increasing their number of stats. I think we all have better things to do with our time then read those messages, and I would hope post them. So I for one am not sad to see the retirement of the stat's page. While I am quite pleased to see the addition of a search feature. In talking to Brandon he's quite enterprising and ambitious, and technically knowledgeable so I am sure he will continue to refine the search feature.

-Justin
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: My Thoughts on the precious stats.

Posted by Josh Vetter at 2/2/2001 4:41 PM EST

In Reply to: My Thoughts on the precious stats.
Posted by Justin on 2/1/2001 6:03 PM EST:

Well, I just liked being able to look at it between posts, and say to myself, "Hey, you're on a rookie team, this if your first time building a robot, and look, you are still able to contribute to the forum, and there's your name, several lines up from the bottom."
-Josh
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Brandon Martus at 1/31/2001 3:04 PM EST

Other on team #47, ChiefDelphi, from PCHS and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted by Joe Ross on 1/31/2001 3:17 AM EST:

: : I will index the files probably once a week.

: does this mean that we won't be able to find messages posted withing the last week?

Well..
Messages will stay on the main forum pages (general, rumor, career, tech) for 4 days.

You can also find them (if you remember the topic) in the Chronological Archive.

But yeah, if you use the search engine, you may not be able to find any messages within the past week.

I will put the time it was last indexed on the search page so you will get an idea of how old the search index is.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: