Go to Post Exactly matching weight at two different regionals is an indicator of something fishy. :p - Alan Anderson [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Old Forum Archives > 2001
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-24-2002, 12:36 AM
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Reminder: UTC regional site will be updated!

Posted by Eric Fleming at 03/01/2001 10:35 PM EST

Other on team #178, Former 2nd Law Enforcer, from Syracuse University and United Technologies Corporation.

Hello everyone!

This is just a reminder that I will be updating the New England regional site from the competition tomorrow and Saturday.

Please stay tuned, we hope to get pictures of all the robots up there as well as standings.

Bear with us, this is a FIRST and we are still working out the kinks.

Good luck to everyone at all events this weekend!

-Eric Fleming
UTC Communications Intern
fleminea@corphq.utc.com

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reminder: UTC regional site will be updated!

Posted by Raul at 03/02/2001 2:36 PM EST

Engineer on team #111, Wildstang, from Rolling Meadows & Wheeling HS and Motorola.

In Reply to: Reminder: UTC regional site will be updated!
Posted by Eric Fleming on 03/01/2001 10:35 PM EST:

Eric,

Thank you for the service. We are going to try to do the same for the midwest regional.

It says on the site that standings will be updated live. Is that still planned? I did not see any standings yet. This would be cool for those of us who are just dying to know how things are going.

Raul

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: Reminder: UTC regional site will be updated!

Posted by Eric Fleming at 03/02/2001 9:54 PM EST

Other on team #178, Former 2nd Law Enforcer, from Syracuse University and United Technologies Corporation.

In Reply to: Re: Reminder: UTC regional site will be updated!
Posted by Raul on 03/02/2001 2:36 PM EST:

Raul,

We tried our best to get as many pictures up today as possible, along with standings.

Unfortunately, we were unable to post standing until the day was over. Please find the standings at http://www.utc.com/commun/first/eventlive2.html

We will do out best to update this throughout the day tomorrow.

Thank you for keeping an eye on us!

-Eric

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

UTC regional - how many limbo bots?

Posted by Raul at 03/03/2001 12:58 AM EST

Engineer on team #111, Wildstang, from Rolling Meadows & Wheeling HS and Motorola.

In Reply to: Re: Reminder: UTC regional site will be updated!
Posted by Eric Fleming on 03/02/2001 9:54 PM EST:

Thanks Eric,

Hey, so how many teams successfully limbo at UTC?

Raul

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: UTC regional - how many limbo bots?

Posted by Michael Betts at 03/04/2001 10:38 AM EST

Engineer on team #177, Bobcat Robotics, from South Windsor High School and International Fuel Cells.

In Reply to: UTC regional - how many limbo bots?
Posted by Raul on 03/03/2001 12:58 AM EST:

: Thanks Eric,

: Hey, so how many teams successfully limbo at UTC?

: Raul

Raul,

About 15 or so (1/4 of participants) were designed to limbo. A few were better at it than others (of course).

Mike

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Tom S. at 03/04/2001 11:01 AM EST

Student on team #177, The Bobcats, from South Windsor High School and International Fuel Cells.

In Reply to: Re: UTC regional - how many limbo bots?
Posted by Michael Betts on 03/04/2001 10:38 AM EST:

It seemed to me there were more bots that oculd limbo.... it looked more like 40-50% to me.... but i'm probably wrong, that is just the bots that i was looking at...

Tom

: : Thanks Eric,

: : Hey, so how many teams successfully limbo at UTC?

: : Raul

: Raul,

: About 15 or so (1/4 of participants) were designed to limbo. A few were better at it than others (of course).

: Mike

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Michael Betts at 03/04/2001 11:38 AM EST

Engineer on team #177, Bobcat Robotics, from South Windsor High School and International Fuel Cells.

Posted by Tom S. on 03/04/2001 11:01 AM EST:

: It seemed to me there were more bots that oculd limbo.... it looked more like 40-50% to me.... but i'm probably wrong, that is just the bots that i was looking at...

: Tom

Tom is probably more correct than I am. I had (and still have) a pretty serious case of jet lag...

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Raul at 03/04/2001 7:58 PM EST

Posted by Michael Betts on 03/04/2001 11:38 AM EST:

Mike and Tom,

Thanks for the followup. I am glad to see that there are many bots that can limbo. This just makes the strategies flow much better.

Raul

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Does the WildRamp Limbo?

Posted by P.J. Baker at 03/04/2001 10:27 PM EST

Posted by Raul on 03/04/2001 7:58 PM EST:

Raul,

Just wondering if you guys limbo. I don't remember seeing it on either of the videos.

P.J.
Team #177

#10   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: Does the WildRamp Limbo?

Posted by Raul at 03/05/2001 9:08 AM EST

In Reply to: Does the WildRamp Limbo?
Posted by P.J. Baker on 03/04/2001 10:27 PM EST:

We do not limbo. Although our profile can get small enough to fit under, we did not design it with the proper ground clearance to do so. I guess if someone pushed us through we could make it. But what good would that do since it would take so long.

Anyway, we prefer to drive over the bridge so we can quickly line up with it and set our selves up to become a ramp. So we felt it was no advantage for us to do so considering our preferred strategy.

Raul

#11   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Bottom line: How much time?

Posted by Joe Johnson at 03/05/2001 12:51 PM EST

Engineer on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

In Reply to: Re: Does the WildRamp Limbo?
Posted by Raul on 03/05/2001 9:08 AM EST:

Raul,

Tell me true, how long does it take you to get over and get lined up with the bridge tilted back to the driver station?

My prediction is that if you can do this in 15 to 20 seconds, you guys will be kings (assuming that the aircraft carrier like deck is as strong as it looks ;-). The longer you take beyond this time, the more likely it is that you will end up in the dungeons.

So? What do you think you can get it down to?

Do tell.

Joe J.

#12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-24-2002, 12:37 AM
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: Bottom line: How much time?

Posted by Raul at 03/05/2001 1:50 PM EST

In Reply to: Bottom line: How much time?
Posted by Joe Johnson on 03/05/2001 12:51 PM EST:

Joe,

Dan and I were discussing it just yesterday. Our drivers have been practicing this move over and over an insane number of times with our practice robot. He reports that they do it under 20 seconds most of the times and they did hit the 15 second mark a few times.

Of course this was practice. We shall see how well they do in the actual competition; especially the first couple of times when they have the jitters. One of the candidate drivers is the same one that drove the past two years - so that should help the jitters.

We learned so much from the mini invitational event, that we changed the controls for the functions to better utilize the 2 drivers and distribute and optimize the tasks they perform. So this helped us minimize the time it takes for us set up as a ramp.

This is the honest truth as best I know it. I do not lie - just ask my kids about my attitude towards lying (you can spit in my face, but don't you dare lie to me). And yes, it really makes me mad when an alliance partner "exaggerates" what they can do. My motto for alliance strategy negotiations is: if you have not demonstrated it, then don't say you can do it!

I like the way you said what your capabilities were. You used the word "theoretically" and mentioned that it had not actually been tested.

How stong is our deck? I have walked all over it! I have gone for rides on it.

Does that answer your questions? I try to avoid bragging because I am a little superstitious. So I will not elaborate, but a I will answer any questions as truthfully as I know.

Sorry for the long reply.

Raul

#13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-24-2002, 12:37 AM
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

The Stang that would be king...

Posted by Joe Johnson at 03/06/2001 12:13 PM EST

Engineer on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

In Reply to: Re: Bottom line: How much time?
Posted by Raul on 03/05/2001 1:50 PM EST:

15 seconds...

Could be a very useful machine...

I can easily see 600 falling at Western Michigan if you get the right partners.

Wish I could attend this weekend's competition.

Good luck.

Joe J

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: