OCCRA
Go to Post Dedication to FIRST gets more challenging as life gets more complicated but the rewards are SOOOOO worth it! - Sean Schuff [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Old Forum Archives > 2001
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-24-2002, 01:08 AM
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
anything else fun to do in FL?

Posted by Hymnson at 03/11/2001 8:38 PM EST

Student on team #419, The Rambots, from Boston College High School and UMass Boston and Modern Assistance Programs, Inc..

I'm just wondering if any other teams are going to be staying in Kissimmee? or even near "Old Town?" Also I wanted some input from people about what they do after competitions for entertainment and fun? Like a local club or such for 18/21 under. Let me know cuz last year it was fun but after the 2nd night it got old and I always want to keep things moving and such...well post here!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Re: anything else fun to do in FL?

Posted by Jared at 03/11/2001 9:16 PM EST

Student on team #312, Heatwave, from Lakewood High and Baxter.

In Reply to: anything else fun to do in FL?
Posted by Hymnson on 03/11/2001 8:38 PM EST:

Yeah, over at Universal Studios there is a place called City Walk. Its like Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island but better. There are a few clubs there and one called like the Technodrone or something has a 21 and under night but I forget when it is. You might want to check out their site, I put the link below.

-= Jared =-
!HEATWAVE!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Hymnson at 03/11/2001 10:45 PM EST

Student on team #419, The Rambots, from Boston College High School and UMass Boston and Modern Assistance Programs, Inc..

In Reply to: Re: anything else fun to do in FL?
Posted by Jared on 03/11/2001 9:16 PM EST:

: Yeah, over at Universal Studios there is a place called City Walk. Its like Downtown Disney/Pleasure Island but better. There are a few clubs there and one called like the Technodrone or something has a 21 and under night but I forget when it is. You might want to check out their site, I put the link below.

: -= Jared =-
: #312
: !HEATWAVE!

Thanks Jared, but wheres the link?

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Christina Alzona at 03/11/2001 10:45 PM EST

Other on team #271, Mechanical Marauders, from Bay Shore High School and Verizon.

Hey, okay, well, I'm a Disney nut, so I can tell you what I'm doing. My hotel is right next to Old Town, so I'll probably spend a few hours there. I'm going to Downtown Disney, which has a lot of shops and stuff. And I'm also spending a night in Pleasure Island, which is a bunch of clubs for people over 18. There are 2 or 3 clubs you can't get into unless you're 21. It's $20, and you get to club hop and stuff. Also, there is Disney Quest which is in Downtown Disney as well. Disney Quest is a 30-something dollars to get into, but is three stories of free video games and virtual reality stuff too. It's really cool. So, I hope that helps.

~Christina šoš

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Michael "Special K" Krass at 03/12/2001 9:38 AM EST

Other on team #271, Mechanical Marauders, from Bay Shore High School and Verizon.

: I'm just wondering if any other teams are going to be staying in Kissimmee? or even near "Old Town?" Also I wanted some input from people about what they do after competitions for entertainment and fun? Like a local club or such for 18/21 under. Let me know cuz last year it was fun but after the 2nd night it got old and I always want to keep things moving and such...well post here!>>

Like Christina already mentioned, we're staying at the Days Suites which is right next door to Old Town. Pleasure Island is a bit easier to get to than Citywalk will be, though. Because it's part of Walt Disney World, it's serviced by their transportation as well as some shuttle buses from area hotels. If you were really interested in CityWalk (http://www.universalstudios.com is the link) you'd be looking at ~$50 cab fare roundtrip. At the very least, that was my cab fare from Disney's Boardwalk to Islands of Adventure, which is a comparable distance to any US 192 hotel. . .

As far as other area attractions. . . Old Town has a 300' tall skycoaster which runs about $25 per person (cheaper with more people). They also have a ferris wheel, some smaller carnival style flat rides, and the Windstorm, a compact 55' tall roller coaster (one of only 3 such coasters in the United States . . . the others being at Adventureland here on Long Island, and the Santa Cruz Beach boardwalk in California). Also in the area is Wet 'n' Wild, a waterpark. If you can get transportation to International Drive, it is lined with smaller attractions, including Congo River Golf and Katanga. That is a Gravityworks Skyscraper ride, which is about $20 per person. Essentially, you fly in a 160' tall circle at speeds nearing 70 mph. It's a fun ride.

Anyway, I've done enough rambling about Central Florida's attractions. If you've got more questions, though, I would be glad to answer them. . .as would Christina. . .

~ Michael, who spends far too much of his time thinking about theme parks and rides.

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by EddieMcD at 03/12/2001 3:09 PM EST

Student on team #121, Islanders, from Middletown High School and Naval Undersea Warfare Center.

Posted by Michael on 03/12/2001 9:38 AM EST:

Ha! We are staying at Days Inn Suites too. Right next to Old Town. Last year, we hit Old Town every day. And I learned something: no rides past 9:30 (10:00 is check in). I had to do a 3 minute sprint back to the far side of the motels because I was sticking with a friend who was on a ride, and some people were giving the operators BS, and the like. He got on about 9:40, and he got off 3 minutes to 10. Long story short: we got back a bit late, and got in trouble. Not much, but we still got in trouble.

-Ed "I've learned a valuble lesson" McDonnell

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Jason Flanagan at 03/14/2001 5:45 PM EST

Student on team #250, Dynamos, from Shenendehowa HSE and General Electric, Verizon, .

everyones talking about off disney stuff but anyone else staying on disney property? like all star sports and music? like me?
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 03/14/2001 5:57 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

Posted by Jason Flanagan on 03/14/2001 5:45 PM EST:

Which All-Star are you at? We're at Sports

-Jessica B, #237

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by mike oleary at 03/17/2001 2:20 PM EST

Student on team #419, rambots, from bc high and sponsors are overrated..go pocket-change robots!!!.

Posted by Jessica Boucher on 03/14/2001 5:57 PM EST:

my family stayed at all star sports a couple years ago...i remember that if you buy a big plastic souvenir type cup you get unlimited free refills for as long as youre there

: Which All-Star are you at? We're at Sports

: -Jessica B, #237

#10   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

5 words!!!!

Posted by Elgin C at 03/16/2001 4:16 PM EST

Engineer on team #237, Sie-H20-Bots, from Watertown High School / NVCC.

: I'm just wondering if any other teams are going to be staying in Kissimmee? or even near "Old Town?" Also I wanted some input from people about what they do after competitions for entertainment and fun? Like a local club or such for 18/21 under. Let me know cuz last year it was fun but after the 2nd night it got old and I always want to keep things moving and such...well post here!

I have just 5 words, Bungee Jumping at Old Town!!!
I did it in '97 when I went down with my family. It was awesome!!!!
I Don't know of any clubs personally but I'll be sure to hit as many as I can this year, and not those teeny-bopper clubs either! It pays to be 21!!!

#11   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: 5 words!!!!

Posted by Carolyn Duncan at 03/16/2001 4:30 PM EST

Student on team #495, The Pack, from Jamestown High School and VBEP/Raytheon/Saic.

In Reply to: 5 words!!!!
Posted by Elgin C on 03/16/2001 4:16 PM EST:

Just incase you're interested Orlando happens to be the rave capital of the east coast. I'm sure you can find one somewhere. That's only if you're interested.
:Carolyn
Team 495

#12   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Hymnson at 03/16/2001 6:12 PM EST

In Reply to: Re: 5 words!!!!
Posted by Carolyn Duncan on 03/16/2001 4:30 PM EST:

: Just incase you're interested Orlando happens to be the rave capital of the east coast. I'm sure you can find one somewhere. That's only if you're interested.
: :Carolyn
: Team 495

Sure I'm a raver kid, bring it on...show me what ya got! hehe lol

#13   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Carolyn Duncan at 03/17/2001 3:16 PM EST

Student on team #495, The Pack, from Jamestown High School and VBEP/Raytheon/Saic.

Posted by Hymnson on 03/16/2001 6:12 PM EST:

: : Just incase you're interested Orlando happens to be the rave capital of the east coast. I'm sure you can find one somewhere. That's only if you're interested.
: : :Carolyn
: : Team 495

: Sure I'm a raver kid, bring it on...show me what ya got! hehe lol

:I'm afraid to ask how serious you are about that.

#14   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by mike oleary at 03/17/2001 5:55 PM EST

Student on team #419, rambots, from bc high and sponsors are overrated..go pocket-change robots!!!.

Posted by Hymnson on 03/16/2001 6:12 PM EST:

hmmmmm
raver kid in a boy band?
hows that work

: : Just incase you're interested Orlando happens to be the rave capital of the east coast. I'm sure you can find one somewhere. That's only if you're interested.
: : :Carolyn
: : Team 495

: Sure I'm a raver kid, bring it on...show me what ya got! hehe lol

#15   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by mike oleary at 03/17/2001 2:06 PM EST

In Reply to: 5 words!!!!
Posted by Elgin C on 03/16/2001 4:16 PM EST:

bungee jump, you say?...hmmmm...im definately game for that...

: : I'm just wondering if any other teams are going to be staying in Kissimmee? or even near "Old Town?" Also I wanted some input from people about what they do after competitions for entertainment and fun? Like a local club or such for 18/21 under. Let me know cuz last year it was fun but after the 2nd night it got old and I always want to keep things moving and such...well post here!

:
: I have just 5 words, Bungee Jumping at Old Town!!!
: I did it in '97 when I went down with my family. It was awesome!!!!
: I Don't know of any clubs personally but I'll be sure to hit as many as I can this year, and not those teeny-bopper clubs either! It pays to be 21!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: