OCCRA
Go to Post I remember seeing that hair do. It is what inspired me to become an MC one day. - Tetraman [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Old Forum Archives > 2001
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-24-2002, 01:29 AM
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Great job on Sally Forth!

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 03/18/2001 9:08 AM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

Our local paper, the Waterbury Republican-American, doesn't print Sally Forth, so I made a point to remember today to search the net for it.

The link for it is on the bottom; keep up the wonderful work!

-Jessica B, #237

P.S. I dug up the Ken doll I'd like to sacrifice for the "Dean Action Figure", maybe we can all work on making/finding denim clothing for him? If you want me to post pics of it, I can.....and no, I can't find a proper Ken doll to make a "Woodie Action Figure" out of; they just dont make hair like his.

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Couple things on the Comic....and Action Figures

Posted by Justin at 03/19/2001 12:27 AM EST

Engineer on team #146, Blue Lightning, from none and The Blue Lightning Alumni Association.

In Reply to: Great job on Sally Forth!
Posted by Jessica Boucher on 03/18/2001 9:08 AM EST:

Hey all,

Gotta admit...I kinda liked the comic for last year. It's great seeing FIRST with some coverage. But then I thought it kinda saddens me when that is about as much coverage as FIRST gets on a national, public scene all year. Kinda hard to take something that gets it's coverage in the comics seriously. In anycase I still think it is cool.

I've attached a link to a company that will actually make personalized action figures...they're a little pricy (sp) but kinda cool.

-Justin

P.S. I'll tack on here that the NJ finals were pretty darn exciting. Don't think this changes my thoughts about wanting 2 on 2 or every robot for themselves back but hey ;-)

P.p.s Yes, I have been coined a FIRST Purist and I'm proud of it. So let's bring back post-99 comps!! ;-) Ramp and Roll anyone??

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: Couple things on the Comic....and Action Figures

Posted by Matt Leese at 03/19/2001 8:57 AM EST

Other on team #73, Tigerbolt, from Edison Technical HS and Alstom & Fiber Technologies & RIT.

In Reply to: Couple things on the Comic....and Action Figures
Posted by Justin on 03/19/2001 12:27 AM EST:

: P.p.s Yes, I have been coined a FIRST Purist and I'm proud of it. So let's bring back post-99 comps!! ;-) Ramp and Roll anyone??

Should that be pre-99 comps?

Matt who's as confused as ever

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Matt - YES...my bad. (EOM)

Posted by Justin at 03/19/2001 11:07 AM EST

Engineer on team #146, Blue Lightning, from none and The Blue Lightning Alumni Association.

In Reply to: Re: Couple things on the Comic....and Action Figures
Posted by Matt Leese on 03/19/2001 8:57 AM EST:

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Thomas A. Frank at 03/20/2001 6:34 PM EST

Engineer on team #121, The Islanders/Rhode Warrior, from Middletown (RI) High School and Naval Undersea Warfare Center.

In Reply to: Couple things on the Comic....and Action Figures
Posted by Justin on 03/19/2001 12:27 AM EST:

RE: the comic...let's not give Dean and Woody any more bad ideas, shall we? Or next year we might just end up building a laundry folding machine!

RE: Justin's comments:

: P.p.s Yes, I have been coined a FIRST Purist and I'm proud of it. So let's bring back post-99 comps!! ;-) Ramp and Roll anyone??

ABSOLUTELY! Ramp and Roll was by far the BEST competition that FIRST ever did. The scoring was simplicity itself, there was loads of action, there were several possible solutions to the technical problem, it was great. Pity it is the one that Dean disliked the most.

I am contemplating having a couple of petitions in the pits in FL; one calling on FIRST to restore competition to the game, and another to go back to last years materials rules (and extend the freedom further).

Hope everyone will stop by and sign the one they agree with (which is why they are broken up instead of as one...let's really see what people think).

Tom Frank

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Right to Petition

Posted by Justin at 03/20/2001 10:36 PM EST

Posted by Thomas A. Frank on 03/20/2001 6:34 PM EST:

Tom,

I like the petition idea. I think that we just need to go back to 2 on 2. The realist in my recognizes that we will never go back to every robot for itself...but I don't truly think we should either. I would miss the comrodery that the aliance mentality has brought to FIRST...but I think 2 on 2 is a happy medium let's stick w/it 4 a while.

-Justin

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: Right to Petition

Posted by Thomas A. Frank at 03/21/2001 1:50 PM EST

Engineer on team #121, The Islanders/Rhode Warrior, from Middletown (RI) High School and Naval Undersea Warfare Center.

In Reply to: Right to Petition
Posted by Justin on 03/20/2001 10:36 PM EST:

: Tom,

: I like the petition idea. I think that we just need to go back to 2 on 2. The realist in my recognizes that we will never go back to every robot for itself...but I don't truly think we should either. I would miss the comrodery that the aliance mentality has brought to FIRST...but I think 2 on 2 is a happy medium let's stick w/it 4 a while.

Justin;

Thank you for your support. I was thinking of simply calling on FIRST to restore head to head competition of some sort, without trying to define it any more closely than that...I agree that it is highly unlikely we would ever see every robot for itself again, if you look at the current field design, it would certainly lend itself not only to 2 on 2, but it could be 4 on 4, or 2 on 2 on 2 on 2 or any of another of interesting possibilities...I'll post the proposed text ina couple of days here abouts and await commments.

Tom

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by s_alaniz at 03/24/2001 2:06 AM EST

Other on team #57 from Houston Regional co-ordinator.

Posted by Thomas A. Frank on 03/20/2001 6:34 PM EST:

: RE: the comic...let's not give Dean and Woody any
more bad ideas, shall we? Or next year we might just
end up building a laundry folding machine!

BAD IDEAS?????!!!!!!! HEY! I'd just like to spend MY
weekends in other intellectual pursuits! You want to
spend yours folding clothes... have at it!!!! (GEEZ!
Critics!)

Steve Alaniz

:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: