OCCRA
Go to Post Courtesy and kindness should be the words for the weekend. - IndySam [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Old Forum Archives > 2001
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-24-2002, 01:33 AM
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
need help in meeting people in National

Posted by Ken Leung at 03/19/2001 3:29 AM EST

Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M. Gunn Senior High School.

Can't believe it's been 3.5 monthes ever since me starting the posting at the beginning of the season. It's been a great experience learning from all the people in here, as well as expressing idea/opinion.

The National competition is approaching, and I am eager to meet all the people who posted here in National.

However, it seems like really hard for me to find people. I am planning on printing out the "who am I" gallery and just memorize the people's face, and somehow put the people's profile along with that print out so I can find the people in their team's pit. But it seems like too much work...

Too bad the "who am I" gallery doesn't provide all the data I need to find a person in that large tent where every pit is.

Also, there have been a lot of new faces posting in here ever since the regionals started. Can you show us some new stats of this web page, Brandon? Just want to get a general feeling of how this web page is used by the teams out there.

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Web hug

Posted by colleen - T190 at 03/19/2001 11:23 AM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Massachusetts Academy of Math and Science and WPI.

In Reply to: need help in meeting people in National
Posted by Ken Leung on 03/19/2001 3:29 AM EST:

Ken--

For the past two years, the post-ers of chiefdelphi.com have done a "WebHug" Thursday at noon under the flagpole... it's been a great way to just introduce ourselves to each other.. wish each other luck.. and share a big giant hug to start off the competiiton..

I know some people had posted about doing it at a different time during the day (i think, maybe not.. was it cause some of #111 isn't showing up til later thursday??).. in any case.. I'm sure it will be posted up by someone once it gets closer to nat's..
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: Web hug

Posted by Matt Leese at 03/19/2001 12:03 PM EST

Other on team #73, Tigerbolt, from Edison Technical HS and Alstom & Fiber Technologies & RIT.

In Reply to: Web hug
Posted by colleen - T190 on 03/19/2001 11:23 AM EST:

Note that there wasn't a flag pole last year so I doubt there will be one this year. It takes place over by the trees behind the pits and enclosed fields.

Matt who had enough trouble finding it until he saw people in tie-die (TJ2 I think)
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Motorcycle parking

Posted by colleen - T190 at 03/19/2001 4:21 PM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Massachusetts Academy of Math and Science and WPI.

In Reply to: Re: Web hug
Posted by Matt Leese on 03/19/2001 12:03 PM EST:

well.. where the flag pole was the first year we webhugged..

i guess i had no problem cause i knew where it was..

but i did notice it's also where you can see the 'motorcycle parking' area on the tar when the fake grass stuff ends..

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

how about the FIRST flag?

Posted by Ken Leung at 03/20/2001 3:17 AM EST

Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M. Gunn Senior High School.

In Reply to: Motorcycle parking
Posted by colleen - T190 on 03/19/2001 4:21 PM EST:

Last year it took me forever to find the "flag pole", and had to listen to everyone yelling at me to find where the web hug actually was.

So, how about we meet at the place with the big FIRST flag where every team take their picture in front of?

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Ron Roeut at 03/21/2001 5:18 PM EST

Student on team #191, X-Cats, from Wilson Magnet High SChool and Xerox.

In Reply to: Web hug
Posted by colleen - T190 on 03/19/2001 11:23 AM EST:

Can someone please tell me what a web hug is? What exactly is it? does that take place at the nationals? If so I would like to be in it and get to know people. WeLL thanks. Hope to see all of you guys at the nationals, Good luck.

-Ron A.k.A. ASiaN BreaKer

#7   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Brandon Martus at 03/22/2001 2:42 AM EST

Other on team #47, ChiefDelphi, from PCHS and Delphi Automotive Systems.

In Reply to: Re: Web hug
Posted by Ron Roeut on 03/21/2001 5:18 PM EST:

Pretty much... everyone who posts messages on here tries to get to it.

Its a place where everyone can meet in person, and meet face-to-face, rather than message-to-message.

There are a few pictures from one of them in the Misc. Gallery. (link below)

: Can someone please tell me what a web hug is? What exactly is it? does that take place at the nationals? If so I would like to be in it and get to know people. WeLL thanks. Hope to see all of you guys at the nationals, Good luck.

: -Ron A.k.A. ASiaN BreaKer

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Re: need help in meeting people in National

Posted by Carolyn Duncan at 03/19/2001 3:31 PM EST

Student on team #495, The Pack, from Jamestown High School and VBEP/Raytheon/Saic.

You won't have any problems finding me. There's no telling what my hair will look like (it changes often in both color and design) but I will be very noticable. I tend to dance when I have nothing to do. At VCU a spotlight hit me, b/c of my silver wig that most people liked, and I started dancing in the spotlight. I hope some people will dance with me at nats, no one would at VCU. Don't worry about missing people. If anything we could all write the word ninny on our t-shirts for id.
:Carolyn
Team 495

#9   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Ellery at 03/20/2001 9:19 AM EST

Engineer on team #191, X-CATS, from Joseph C. Wilson High School, Rochester NY and Xerox Corporation.

Ken - you won't have to look hard to find me - I'm right next door to you guys and WPI in the pits. Team #191 X-CATS

See you then!

Ellery

#10   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Ron Roeut at 03/20/2001 6:55 PM EST

Student on team #191, X-Cats, from Wilson Magnet High SChool and Xerox.

In Reply to: Re: need help in meeting people in National
Posted by Ellery on 03/20/2001 9:19 AM EST:

Ken - You don't have to look to far. Just look for a guy with spikey hair or wearing a backwards polo hat on team 191. Or just ask for me. But I will post my picture up soon. Well take it easy buddy. I wish u guys the best of luck at the Nationals, See You Then....

Pas Pas,

Ron A.k.A. ASiaN BreaKer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: