OCCRA
Go to Post If winning that individual match is more important to you than being there in the first place, then I believe you've got your priorities in the wrong spot. - Tom Bottiglieri [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-20-2001, 12:57 PM
needs a clever user title
FRC #0177 (Bobcat Robotics)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
P.J. Baker is a glorious beacon of lightP.J. Baker is a glorious beacon of lightP.J. Baker is a glorious beacon of lightP.J. Baker is a glorious beacon of lightP.J. Baker is a glorious beacon of light
Microsoft specifics

Don't know if this is old news or not, but there is now a press release on F.I.R.S.T.'s site listing the MS software that will be distributed to the teams.

Microsoft Press Release

P.J.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-20-2001, 01:20 PM
#0596 (SciClones)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2001
Adrian Wong is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Adrian Wong
Aaaah! We received six licenses for Microsoft Project several weeks ago. We purchased it several weeks before that; we weren't aware that Microsoft was going to be granting licenses for the FIRST teams.

Doh! I wonder if we can "return" licenses..
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-20-2001, 01:24 PM
GET IT ON!!
FRC #0121 (Rhode Warrior)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2000
Kyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Fenton
Quote:
The grant offer includes:$@# Office XP Standard (incorporating Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), FrontPage 2002, and Project 2000.
This corresponds to the e-mail I got back in early August. After a lengthy discussion of rummors, it seems true now.

Office is a great tool to have, even though you can only intall it on one computer.

I don't really like Frontpage that much, but I can't say much because I really haven't use it since version 1. Adobe GoLive and the whole range of Macromedia products are much better.

As for Project, people on this board said it is not practical. But hey best of all its free.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-20-2001, 05:04 PM
From the Land of Circular Weather
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
Lora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Lora Knepper Send a message via MSN to Lora Knepper
I agree with you Kyle on Macromedia products and Adobe GoLive.... Frontpage is evil *shudders* but let's not dredge up that old argument!

~ lora
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2001, 01:18 AM
Nice Guy
no team

Tom Fairchild will become famous soon enoughTom Fairchild will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Tom Fairchild
Dreamweaver forever!!!!

~Tom Fairchild~, who couldn't help himself.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-21-2001, 02:15 AM
Programmer/Driver 2001-2004
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)

Rookie Year: 2001
Jay Lundy is a name known to allJay Lundy is a name known to allJay Lundy is a name known to allJay Lundy is a name known to allJay Lundy is a name known to allJay Lundy is a name known to all
The press release seems to have been removed, but you can see google's cached copy of it at http://www.google.com/search?q=cache...1. html&hl=en.

Anyway, that's really cool. I've used powerpoint XP at school and I must say it's much better than 2000.

And Macromedia products are really great. I use Dreamweaver to design page layouts, but then I use EditPlus for everything else. Not to mention Flash (btw, Flash 6 is currently under development, see some stuff about it at http://www.flashmagazine.com)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: