OCCRA
Go to Post It's about compressing life into 6 weeks. It's about doing. It's about learning to fail. It's about gracious professionalism. It's about releasing the limitations that we all put on ourselves. It's about thinking outside of the box. It's about growing. - JohnBoucher [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Old Forum Archives > 2001
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-24-2002, 02:56 AM
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
This Forum

Posted by Jason Leslie at 04/27/2001 4:49 PM EST

Alumni on team #157, Aztechs, from Assabet Valley RTHS (Class of 1998) and .

Just a thought for this forum. On a forum I visit
almost as much as this one (www.tippmann.com)
has an option so the author or site admin can edit
a the post if they double post or did something
wrong so they don't have to post again. It also lets
you see the authors info (email, homepage, icq,
etc...) by clicking an icon in there post that way it
takes up less room on the screen.

Don't get me wrong I love this forum, but I just
thought I'd pass this along.

Jay
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

archiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond reputearchiver has a reputation beyond repute
Re: This Forum

Posted by Michael Martus at 05/02/2001 12:18 PM EST

Coach on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central H.S. and Delphi Automotives Systems.

In Reply to: This Forum
Posted by Jason Leslie on 04/27/2001 4:49 PM EST:

Brandon (webmaster ) is in the process of making a proposal for a change in design and layout of the Forum. This will be decided in the near future.

We will ask your opinions of the changes prior to implemination. Afterall change for sake of change is not wise, change for improvement is.

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Brandon Martus at 05/02/2001 1:31 PM EST

Webmaster on team #47, ChiefDelphi, from PCHS and Delphi Automotive Systems.

In Reply to: Re: This Forum
Posted by Michael Martus on 05/02/2001 12:18 PM EST:

As it stands now, it would take too much time & effort to make the messages editable/deleteable/moveable and still function relatively fast & efficient.

We are possibly looking into a new system. Not 100% sure if or when we will use it or not--- this is total 'what if' thinking...

www.vbulletin.com - vBulletin is what I was looking at.

Does anybody have any past experience with this software? I've been reading about it alot, and it would have alot of features that could be used and appreciated here at ChiefDelphi.com (from both the user and admin standpoint)

Any comments about this type of system, etc?
Would you all revolt, and never come back if the forums were to magically change one day? I know a few of you have commented that you like UBB/vBulletin formatted forums better, with only the subject shown, and not all its replies. I like certain aspects of both.

Just looking for some more input & contributions...
Thanks,
Brandon

:
: Brandon (webmaster ) is in the process of making a proposal for a change in design and layout of the Forum. This will be decided in the near future.

: We will ask your opinions of the changes prior to implemination. Afterall change for sake of change is not wise, change for improvement is.

#4   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Joel Johnson at 05/06/2001 10:59 PM EST

Student on team #173, RAGE, from East Hartford High School and UTRC.

Posted by Brandon Martus on 05/02/2001 1:31 PM EST:

vBulletin is the "ish". I have been using vBulletin and UBB for quite a while now, and though they are quite similar, vBulletin is the winner, due to its speed. vBulletin will give you a hard time in the early setup stages, but in the end it'll all be worth it. You need a mySQL database to run vBulletin --just so you know.

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Brandon Martus at 05/07/2001 2:26 AM EST

Webmaster on team #47, ChiefDelphi, from PCHS and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted by Joel Johnson on 05/06/2001 10:59 PM EST:

Yep. Those are the reasons I'd go to it.
-speed
-mysql
-php
etc.

: vBulletin is the "ish". I have been using vBulletin and UBB for quite a while now, and though they are quite similar, vBulletin is the winner, due to its speed. vBulletin will give you a hard time in the early setup stages, but in the end it'll all be worth it. You need a mySQL database to run vBulletin --just so you know.

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Forum Archival System
#0047 (ChiefDelphi)

Posted by Joel Johnson at 05/07/2001 3:37 PM EST

Student on team #173, RAGE, from East Hartford High School and UTRC.

Posted by Brandon Martus on 05/07/2001 2:26 AM EST:

PHP is synonymous with speed...another good aspect you might, or might not have noticed is its template structure. This method of altering the look and feel of vBulletin decreases the amount of "code hacking" --not a bad thing, in this case-- that has to be done. The people at UBB did not realize this until recently, so one can see the ingenuity in vBulletin's implementation of a bBoard.

~Leave it to Joel to go off on a tangent.

: Yep. Those are the reasons I'd go to it.
: -speed
: -mysql
: -php
: etc.

: : vBulletin is the "ish". I have been using vBulletin and UBB for quite a while now, and though they are quite similar, vBulletin is the winner, due to its speed. vBulletin will give you a hard time in the early setup stages, but in the end it'll all be worth it. You need a mySQL database to run vBulletin --just so you know.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: