OCCRA
Go to Post We have put our [robot] on a treadmill. It should shed those excessive pounds and be in shape to compete.:) - Seth Mallory [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Rumor Mill
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-31-2001, 02:46 PM
Forward.
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Jessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb QUESTION OF THE WEEK!!! [12-31-01]

I can't believe I'm doing this again.

But, seeing that Ken is still in Hong Kong, he asked me to step in...upon one condition.

Question 12/31/01: What are your New Year's resolutions? These can be robot-related, and non-robot related, personal or team-wide.

Have a lovely New Year, and a wonderful Kickoff!!!

Have fun,
Jessica Boucher

PS: That condition was, to plug my new addiction, www.isketch.net. It's an online version of Pictionary. Hey, its better than formulating a QOTW about it (which I threatened to do)
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-31-2001, 03:32 PM
Post Junkie
no team (Bagel Bytes)

mnkysp6353 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mnkysp6353
My New Year's resolutions is to get my eagle project done during the robotics season, and to eat more twinkies. Also i think that robotics should have more then 50 hours a week in my schedule so im cutting out all of the unnessacaryy stuff.
Wow thats cools that Ken is in Hong Long,what is he doing there?
Also did anybody notice that battlebots starts there new season the exact same week ours does?
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-31-2001, 04:02 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Retired -- 2006
no team

Bill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond repute
Quoting a friend...

My New Year's resolution is 1024 x 768

Happy New Year everyone!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-31-2001, 05:52 PM
-
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
EddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud of
*laughs*

Anyhow, my new year's resolution is to find a life outside of FIRST. Oh, and maybe make pigs fly.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-31-2001, 05:52 PM
do you..
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
Joel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond repute
My new year's resolution is to start caring about school. This probably will not happen, as the FIRST season is about to begin.

Enjoy the new year people.

Division By Zero (229) Alumni, 2003-2007
RAGE (173) Alumni, 1999-2003
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-31-2001, 06:53 PM
AKA: Angela (Hall) Leese
FRC #3455 (Carpe Robotum)
Team Role: Mentor

A. Leese has a spectacular aura aboutA. Leese has a spectacular aura about
My New Year's Resolution is to focus more on school. For once I have four real classes next semester. Looks like I'm going to be doing hw all the time during robotics meetings again this year. Oh well. I may just get better grades b/c of it. I can only hope.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-31-2001, 07:56 PM
'Luzer'
AKA: Zan
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
ahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to ahecht Send a message via AIM to ahecht Send a message via Yahoo to ahecht
Ahh! Why did you have to introduce us to iSketch today?!? Now I will never get my college essays done by tomorrow!

Scorekeeper: '05 Championship DaVinci Field/'10 WPI Regional
Co-Founder: WPI-EBOT Educational Robotics Program
Alumnus: WPI/Mass Academy Team #190
Alumnus (and founder): Oakwood Robotics Team #992

"Life is an odd numbered problem the answer isn't in the back of the book." Anonymous WPI Student
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-01-2002, 02:51 AM
None #0419 (Rambots)

Anton Abaya has a spectacular aura aboutAnton Abaya has a spectacular aura aboutAnton Abaya has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via ICQ to Anton Abaya Send a message via AIM to Anton Abaya
seeing i broke my promise to ken to do the q of the week for him and totally forgot given all the new year fun i had.....

i resolve to keep more promises. hehe kenny. actually, if a q of the week hadnt been posted, i was gonna try posting one today .

my other resolution is to learn how to build a robot.

=anton=
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-01-2002, 12:59 PM
From the Land of Circular Weather
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Lora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Lora Knepper Send a message via MSN to Lora Knepper
Think mine is going to be to figure out where all the pieces of my life fit together so I can get back to school in some fashion learning to do something I enjoy -- the mail for 401k plans just isn't doing it for me -- While of course, trying to give 121 my all for giving me the chance to get back into things in FIRST

~ lora
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-01-2002, 04:29 PM
The_C
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Carolyn Duncan is a jewel in the roughCarolyn Duncan is a jewel in the roughCarolyn Duncan is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Anton Abaya
seeing i broke my promise to ken to do the q of the week for him and totally forgot given all the new year fun i had.....
i resolve to keep more promises. hehe kenny. actually, if a q of the week hadnt been posted, i was gonna try posting one today .
my other resolution is to learn how to build a robot.
=anton=
NINNIES WITH POWER TOOLS!!!! Anton you guys can build robots... you just gotta keep the people who destroy them away
Anyway, I guess I should resolve to get myself back into the school mode... It would be the best thing I can think of that I may actually follow through with. We shall see how it goes...

Thats C like the letter not like looking through your eyes or the large bdy of water! Just the letter C and yes it's on my birth certificate!
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-01-2002, 06:34 PM
Alumni
no team

Todd Derbyshire will become famous soon enoughTodd Derbyshire will become famous soon enough
Resolution

Ok I have two resolutions

1. Win one of the competitions this year whether it be a regional or championship event

2. After a party I will (WILL NOT) fall down a flight of stairs into the oncoming crowd. Although it is a heck of a way to leave you soon find yourself surrounded by angry injured people.

See you later everyone I need to recover for school tommorrow Happy New Year's!!!
T-minus 4 days to THE GAME
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2002, 12:44 AM
Bitter FIRST Cynic
no team

Jon Lawton is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Jon Lawton Send a message via AIM to Jon Lawton
Re: Resolution

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd Derbyshire

2. After a party I will (WILL NOT) fall down a flight of stairs into the oncoming crowd. Although it is a heck of a way to leave you soon find yourself surrounded by angry injured people.

See you later everyone I need to recover for school tommorrow Happy New Year's!!!
T-minus 4 days to THE GAME
Please stand by the stairs so I can protect you! http://www.jonathonrobinson.com/3.0/web/webtsos.html. That said, this sounds like the voice of experence? Of *repeated* experence? Perhaps you can elucidate us?
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2002, 12:43 PM
Alumni
no team

Todd Derbyshire will become famous soon enoughTodd Derbyshire will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Leap Frog of Death

Ok the wonderful trip down the stairs all began due to my friend Richie. He was blocking the way down the stairs and I wanted to get down badly so I thought I could just leap frog him to get to the next step. Well I cleared Richie pretty well, but I also cleared the step which led me flying into the (banister?) . So I slid down that fell off and landed on my friend Rachel who broke my fall, and proceeded to log roll for the last two stairs. In all it was a great trip, and I was named the life of the party. I will have to see if I can repeat the feat at Nationals in the stands.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-02-2002, 04:44 PM
-
no team

EddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud of
Ok, now I'm glad I stick at the top of Einstein during nationals. I can't break anyones fall.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-04-2002, 01:06 PM
4 out of 5 fanboys agree...
AKA: Rob Mancini
#0228 (Gus)
Team Role: Coach

OtakuRob is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to OtakuRob
My resolutions are as follows:

1. To post here more often..

2. To keep on listening to my heart..
(( " This just in, a 27 year old mental patient in a midtown clinic has just committed suicide by tearing out his own heart and placing it next to his ear?! In a note left he told people that a voice told his to stop listening to the radio and start listening to his... more after this!" ~ Bonus points to whoever knows what that one's from!! ))

and finally,

3. To found my corporation who's sole purpose is the complete domination of the world..
~~ Evil, Inc. We will own you. ~~

"Tango [Ed]: 1 @|\/| |_337! *|1\/3 r|n3 \/\/@|23=/!!@@112
Ling Ling: Uh?
Dan: For the benefit of the l337 impaired: "I am l33t, give me warez!"
Ling Ling: "Warez"? "

Obscurity points for whoever can tell me where THAT one's from..

Last edited by Brandon Martus : 01-04-2002 at 01:36 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: