OCCRA
Go to Post ASPCA would be happy to know you are petting your watchdog rather than kicking it. - Ether [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > IT / Communications > 3D Animation and Competition
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-02-2002, 09:54 PM
Ph.D. User
AKA: Brandon Reiss
#0103 (Cybersonics Technology Team)
Team Role: Animator

reisser is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to reisser
Proactive approach to scoring dilemmas

Immediately following Nationals, a popular thread emerged in this forum regarding confusion over how animation entries are judged. I was not indifferent to this matter and posted my own replies on the subject. After speaking with my team, we felt that the best way to solve the problem was to contact AutoDesk directly about scoring vizualization entries.

I would like to encourage all teams who were confused by their score reports to write a kindly stated letter to AutoDesk addressing all issues with scoring. Please request that AutoDesk make the scoring process absolutely clear to all teams for next season so that we do not experience the same disappointment after Nationals.

In addition, our team aims to analyze a sample of 30 or more acores to get an accurate idea of how the scores changed through the rounds and just to get a good overall feeling for the numbers. If your team would like to participate in our analysis, please send your scores to cbeck@palisadessd.org. All of the results will be included with our letter to AutoDesk and posted here so that others can share the information.

Thanks

Brandon
Animator, Team 103

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: