OCCRA
Go to Post I hope we as a team can learn the value of doing less but doing it incredibly well. - Rob Stehlik [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-04-2002, 05:08 PM
#0103 (Cybersonics)

epsilon is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to epsilon
Question Last year's simulator

Ok, I am a programmer on my team and when we went to a regional last year I saw a game simulator. I didn't actually get a close look but it was an openGL design and was looking pretty good for a six week project. I signed up to get the source code, but I never recieved it. The team was named after some type of bird and I think the number was in the three hundereds. I know I am being very vague, but I really was looking forward to seeing the source code. Does anyone know of this or am I going crazy? Thanks
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-04-2002, 05:15 PM
Volunteer for hire
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Aaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to behold
Was it for a computer or a Palm Pilot?
Field Reset Extraordinaire
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-04-2002, 08:30 PM
rbayer's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Blood, Sweat, and Code
no team (Teamless Orphan)

rbayer is a glorious beacon of lightrbayer is a glorious beacon of lightrbayer is a glorious beacon of lightrbayer is a glorious beacon of lightrbayer is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to rbayer
Most of the game simulators I have seen are just Flash animations. I know there are a few of those in the white papers section.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-05-2002, 11:46 AM
General Manager
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Erin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond reputeErin Rapacki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Erin Rapacki
Oh, I know what your talking about! Um... they were at SPBLI and UTC, right? I think their location at UTC was just to the right of you when you went through the passage way from the pits to the field. I want to think high 100's, blue... my vague memories aren't helping me. I signed up for the code too. So yea... maybe this little bit of information will help.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-05-2002, 12:10 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 1999
Jordan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Jordan
I know exactly what you saw, and I believe they won an award (partially for that software) at Hartford.

See if any of these ring a bell... http://www2.usfirst.org/2002comp/events/CT/Awards.html
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-08-2002, 02:22 PM
FIRST Scouting Network
AKA: Andrew Schenk
FRC #0201 (The FEDS)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
Jack is a jewel in the roughJack is a jewel in the roughJack is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Jack
The team number was 217, the ThunderChickens (they were 217 Utica FIRST)

go to http://www.usfirst.org/robotics/resources.htm

go a little down the page and there is a 2002 Competition Simulator. They have three versions avabile for download. but to get the source code you'd need to contace 217 directly

hope this helps

All about me: http://knehcsa.vze.com
**Check out the New FIRST Scouting Network**
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-09-2002, 02:33 PM
AKA: Chris Werner
FRC #0190 (Gompei & the HERD)

WernerNYK is a jewel in the roughWernerNYK is a jewel in the roughWernerNYK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to WernerNYK
Quote:
Originally posted by Jack
The team number was 217, the ThunderChickens (they were 217 Utica FIRST)

go to http://www.usfirst.org/robotics/resources.htm

go a little down the page and there is a 2002 Competition Simulator. They have three versions avabile for download. but to get the source code you'd need to contace 217 directly

hope this helps
No, this is not the simulator. The one this other team had actually involved an entire control system (joysticks, etc), and it was OpenGL based (for those who dont know, this is a 3D-Rendering engine for Windows). They had many teams robots rendered, and you could drive them around and get goals, pick up balls, etc.... It was very cool, and I never did see it online like they said they would do.

Team 190 - WPI & Mass Academy
Est. 1992!

Team 871 - Former team leader
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-09-2002, 02:41 PM
#0250 (Dynamos)

VanWEric is an unknown quantity at this point
Ive been working on something like that for the past few weeks. If anyone wants to help, id be happy for it. However, all i have right now is a framework

Email me @ vanweric@aol.com
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-09-2002, 04:55 PM
College? What?
no team (Gompei and the Herd)
Team Role: College Student

Ian W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ian W.
i believe i saw something like that at SBPLI, but i can't be sure. i don't even remember the team number :/. if someone could find that information out, i'd be interested to see the program.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-09-2002, 10:52 PM
AKA: Grant Harding
#0084 (WATTNESS (bot: Chuck))

evulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to evulish
Quote:
Originally posted by WernerNYK
OpenGL based (for those who dont know, this is a 3D-Rendering engine for Windows)
AHHH! It's so not 'for' Windows.
I'm a professional web developer. I'm good with PHP, Perl, Java/JSP, some RoR, XML, Javascript (AJAX as well), (x)HTML, CSS, etc.. Validated code is good; fully cross-browser code is better (you comply to your users and the software they use, not the other way around. Sorry!)
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-09-2002, 10:54 PM
AKA: Chris Werner
FRC #0190 (Gompei & the HERD)

WernerNYK is a jewel in the roughWernerNYK is a jewel in the roughWernerNYK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to WernerNYK
Quote:
Originally posted by evulish

AHHH! It's so not 'for' Windows.
Well if you want to get all technical, yes... but for those that are not computer gurus it was the simplest way to put it

Team 190 - WPI & Mass Academy
Est. 1992!

Team 871 - Former team leader
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-10-2002, 03:06 PM
FIRST Scouting Network
AKA: Andrew Schenk
FRC #0201 (The FEDS)

Jack is a jewel in the roughJack is a jewel in the roughJack is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Jack
Quote:

No, this is not the simulator. The one this other team had actually involved an entire control system (joysticks, etc), and it was OpenGL based (for those who dont know, this is a 3D-Rendering engine for Windows). They had many teams robots rendered, and you could drive them around and get goals, pick up balls, etc.... It was very cool, and I never did see it online like they said they would do.
oh...

What you describe sounds very cool, and if you ever do find it please post where it is

thanks, and sorry i gave you the wrong simulation

All about me: http://knehcsa.vze.com
**Check out the New FIRST Scouting Network**
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-10-2002, 10:32 PM
Too young to be an 'old guy'
FRC #0155 (Technonuts)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 1999
Jeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond reputeJeff Rodriguez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jeff Rodriguez Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Rodriguez Send a message via Skype™ to Jeff Rodriguez
Quote:

I believe you are talking about the Simulator the Birds of Prey did. It used joysticks to control it. They were the first team to the left in the pits at UTC. They are team 181 Birds of Prey, Hartford Public High School.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-11-2002, 07:18 AM
#0103 (Cybersonics)

epsilon is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to epsilon
Quote:
I believe you are talking about the Simulator the Birds of Prey did. It used joysticks to control it. They were the first team to the left in the pits at UTC. They are team 181 Birds of Prey, Hartford Public High School.
This rings a bell, thanks. Is there anyone reading this from team 181?
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-22-2002, 08:31 AM
VEX Robotics Education Mgr.
no team (Formerly 103 & 1712. Now U.P. Robotics (other programs))
Team Role: Mentor

Rich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond reputeRich Kressly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rich Kressly
181 contact info

Epsilon,

I finally caught up with this thread although you told me about it last week. Team 181 (right by the doorway from pit to field at UTC) is definately it. I remember strategizing with them as an alliance partner. They had a female advisor whose name I don't recall, but she was very friendly and helpful. Their website is located at http://birdsofprey181.freeservers.com/ and there is an email contact on the main page. See me in school and let me know how this goes.

-Kres
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: