OCCRA
Go to Post If mentors don't respect the students' desire to learn and take an active role in the construction, they're missing the point of FIRST. If students refuse to accept the knowledge and experience of the mentors, that's not independence - it's arrogance. - DB213parent [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Televised Robotics
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-20-2002, 05:53 PM
back to school ;-)
FRC #0696 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2002
sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Monster Garage - It's Back !!!!!!!

Has anyone seen Monster Garage on Discovery? The show went away for awhile but I saw a commercial saying it will be airing again on Sept 25??? If anyone knows of the exact date and time let me know.

Also, has anyone ever seen Warehouse Warriors on the DIY network. I've heard of it but never seen it. What is it about?
Student Mechanical Leader and Driver, Team 696 Circuit Breakers, 2002-2004

Purchase Cree LED Bulbs from the Team 696 Online Store
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-20-2002, 07:36 PM
Volunteer for hire
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Aaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to behold
Re: Monster Garage - It's Back !!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by sanddrag
Also, has anyone ever seen Warehouse Warriors on the DIY network. I've heard of it but never seen it. What is it about?
Warehouse Warriors deals completley with wood. Two teams of three are given eight hours to make something like bunk beds or a table, but make it really cool looking.
Field Reset Extraordinaire
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-23-2002, 10:22 PM
AKA: Grant Harding
#0084 (WATTNESS (bot: Chuck))
Team Role: Alumni

evulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to evulish
I like Monster Garage. Cool cars I prefer junkyard wars...I might be able to afford some of those
I'm a professional web developer. I'm good with PHP, Perl, Java/JSP, some RoR, XML, Javascript (AJAX as well), (x)HTML, CSS, etc.. Validated code is good; fully cross-browser code is better (you comply to your users and the software they use, not the other way around. Sorry!)
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-23-2002, 11:19 PM
back to school ;-)

sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute
The date is actually Sept. 30 on Discovery at sometime in the evening. 9:00?????

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-29-2002, 12:36 AM
back to school ;-)

Moster Garage is scheduled to air on the Discovery Channel at 8pm Eastern and Pacific this Monday Sept 30. So, let's all remind each other to watch okay?

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-30-2002, 11:01 PM
AKA: Mike
#0088 (TJ²)

mpking is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mpking
Quote:
Originally posted by evulish
I like Monster Garage. Cool cars I prefer junkyard wars...I might be able to afford some of those
I like Junkyard wars also. Something kinda strikes home about the time limit, the pelthora of parts, the "Let's just wing it, of course it will work" attitude.

Seems like home. :-)
The Home of Moe
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-30-2002, 11:44 PM
back to school ;-)

I like the "screw it" attitude of Jesse James on Monster Garage. That guy is way cool. Did anyone see it tonight? They made a 1996 Chevy Impala SS into a Zamboni. When they drove it, it sucked up the snow and shot it inside filling up the whole interior with ice. It was really awesome. It actually worked pretty good too. I haven't seen the new season of Junkyard but I just jgot sick of the stupid British machines and figures of speach.

"Sticky tape"
"Proppy drive"
"Anti-clockwise"
"Oew neuu, they've spruung a lik."

Grrrrrrr.

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-01-2002, 07:34 AM
AKA: Mike
#0088 (TJ²)

mpking is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mpking
It's not bad this year. It looks like they've moved production to America.

Last week's challenge was the worst I've seen. Had to build cars, that fit into 4 suitcases. (Suitcases provided). Challenge was basicly assemble the 4 suitcases, drive, disassbelm and pass thru a fence, then put it back together and drive to finish line.

Oh, yea, the cars had to hold everyone, (3 team members and expert)

Halfway thru, they had to change the rules cause nobodies car worked. Niether had enough power to move themselves, so they allowed them to push as long as they were seated on the cars.
The Home of Moe
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-01-2002, 08:47 AM
7 years, allready!!???!?!?!
AKA: Mongo
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
Greg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Perkins Send a message via MSN to Greg Perkins Send a message via Yahoo to Greg Perkins
Quote:
Originally posted by sanddrag
I like the "screw it" attitude of Jesse James on Monster Garage. That guy is way cool. Did anyone see it tonight? They made a 1996 Chevy Impala SS into a Zamboni. When they drove it, it sucked up the snow and shot it inside filling up the whole interior with ice. It was really awesome. It actually worked pretty good too. I haven't seen the new season of Junkyard but I just jgot sick of the stupid British machines and figures of speach.

"Sticky tape"
"Proppy drive"
"Anti-clockwise"
"Oew neuu, they've spruung a lik."

Grrrrrrr.

I saw it last night, i thougt it couldhave ben better though, i mean i was thinking that it was going to be 2 teams against each other, but it was cool, i thik that during the "competition" the anouncers were losers, i mean come on??? but it was cool to turn a impala into a zamboni!

Badjokeguy

XBOX Live Gamertag = TrixAre4Kidss

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: