Go to Post It's about compressing life into 6 weeks. It's about doing. It's about learning to fail. It's about gracious professionalism. It's about releasing the limitations that we all put on ourselves. It's about thinking outside of the box. It's about growing. - JohnBoucher [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-10-2002, 07:44 PM
Reject False Icons
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute
MacZelot, how do you do it? A cinema display? Quicksilver? iMac?

BTW, I also have that dog that's on your stero. I got mine from the arcade in the Contemporary

LONG LIVE iMAC!
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-10-2002, 08:06 PM
College? What?
no team (Gompei and the Herd)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2002
Ian W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ian W.
yet another thing to add to the list...

i noticed that office max was practically giving away RAM today, so i went with my dad to pick up a 256 chip (pc-133), not because i need it, but because i figured it was a sin not to get it (for 20 bucks, it's just screaming at you to get it ). of course, it wound up that they sold me a 128 MB chip which wouldn't even boot (well, XP crashed and restarted when it tried to boot, didn't try linux cause if i can't use XP i can't do half the stuff i need to on my computer). then we called up office max, and of course, they told me and my dad that we put it in wrong , so yeah, i'm going back tomorrow to yell at them and get my correct merchandise . one of my friend told me to sue them though, and that could be interesting...
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-10-2002, 08:12 PM
no team

MacZealot is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to MacZealot
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian W.
yet another thing to add to the list...

i noticed that office max was practically giving away RAM today, so i went with my dad to pick up a 256 chip (pc-133), not because i need it, but because i figured it was a sin not to get it (for 20 bucks, it's just screaming at you to get it ). of course, it wound up that they sold me a 128 MB chip which wouldn't even boot (well, XP crashed and restarted when it tried to boot, didn't try linux cause if i can't use XP i can't do half the stuff i need to on my computer). then we called up office max, and of course, they told me and my dad that we put it in wrong , so yeah, i'm going back tomorrow to yell at them and get my correct merchandise . one of my friend told me to sue them though, and that could be interesting...
What type of machine are you using? They COULD have sold you a high density stick which won't work.

AIM: Joe7464685192 | Email Me! Visit my site!

Uh I'm STILL not in Las vegas GRRRR!! I dun think it'll happen till june and This shoulda happened a freaking year ago
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-10-2002, 08:31 PM
AKA: Grant Harding
#0084 (WATTNESS (bot: Chuck))
Team Role: Alumni

evulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to evulish
My college computer is going to rock. My parents said that they will buy me the case and everything inside the computer of my choice...then I buy everything outside $500 Klipsch 5.1 surround sound. 17" flatscreen.
I'm a professional web developer. I'm good with PHP, Perl, Java/JSP, some RoR, XML, Javascript (AJAX as well), (x)HTML, CSS, etc.. Validated code is good; fully cross-browser code is better (you comply to your users and the software they use, not the other way around. Sorry!)
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-10-2002, 08:36 PM
Tap it.
no team

MattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to beholdMattK is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattK
Quote:
Originally posted by JosephM
MacZelot, how do you do it? A cinema display? Quicksilver? iMac?

BTW, I also have that dog that's on your stero. I got mine from the arcade in the Contemporary

LONG LIVE iMAC!
I know! YOU MUST BE RICH, or work for Apple...

my myspace!
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-10-2002, 08:37 PM
Reject False Icons
no team

Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by evulish
My college computer is going to rock. My parents said that they will buy me the case and everything inside the computer of my choice...then I buy everything outside $500 Klipsch 5.1 surround sound. 17" flatscreen.
My current collage computer is a Powerbook G4 w/ ComboDrive. SuperDrive only writes at 1x so I'll just buy a perephial one. It'll run at 1ghz (ahahahahah!!!!) and have every great game on the Mac on it.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-10-2002, 08:46 PM

evulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by JosephM

and have every great game on the Mac on it.
Ha. That's what? Quake 3?
I'm a professional web developer. I'm good with PHP, Perl, Java/JSP, some RoR, XML, Javascript (AJAX as well), (x)HTML, CSS, etc.. Validated code is good; fully cross-browser code is better (you comply to your users and the software they use, not the other way around. Sorry!)
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-10-2002, 09:39 PM
College? What?

Ian W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by MacZealot

What type of machine are you using? They COULD have sold you a high density stick which won't work.
i have an athlon 800 Mhz chip, not sure of the mother board, and a 64 and 256 chip currently in the computer. i doubt it's high density either, because it was only 20 bucks. then again, i may be wrong. but it doesn't matter anyways, cause they gave me a chip that is sold as 256, but really only 128.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-10-2002, 09:56 PM
Reject False Icons
no team

Quote:

Ha. That's what? Quake 3?
Uh, oh, here it comes, its

the

pissed face with the stick out toung smilie!!!
AHAHAH

#10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-10-2002, 09:58 PM
no team

Quote:
Originally posted by Ian W.

i have an athlon 800 Mhz chip, not sure of the mother board, and a 64 and 256 chip currently in the computer. i doubt it's high density either, because it was only 20 bucks. then again, i may be wrong. but it doesn't matter anyways, cause they gave me a chip that is sold as 256, but really only 128.
Sounds like a high density stick (they are the cheap ones hehe)

What type of chipset is the board? via?

Uh I'm STILL not in Las vegas GRRRR!! I dun think it'll happen till june and This shoulda happened a freaking year ago
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-10-2002, 10:01 PM
no team

Quote:
i want 5.1, I only have 2.1 (the isub was hiding, not sure in that pic.

done the same route before, why not, but here are some words of advice:

1. Avoid the athlons, they are better value + faster, but are broken easily during install.

2. get the highest motherboard bandwidth you can afford.

But this is stuff you probably already know.

Why not get a 22" monitor like mine? hehe, and no I'm not rich, I worked a LOT to get that setup!

#12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-10-2002, 10:57 PM
College? What?

Quote:

Sounds like a high density stick (they are the cheap ones hehe)

What type of chipset is the board? via?
i used to know, but then i haven't fiddled with it in a while, so i don't even know any more . i'll find out when i boot tomorrow i guess (yes, it's too hard to take off the cover and look). one strange thign that i think about now, when put the chip in the first time, it booted up fine, but it had my two others in it too, so i think it may have used them, but it did say 480 or so (i forget the exact number) MB of RAM. it was only when i was using the chip by itself did it not boot. oh well, sleep time for me .
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-11-2002, 07:51 PM

Quote:

i want 5.1, I only have 2.1 (the isub was hiding, not sure in that pic.

1. Avoid the athlons, they are better value + faster, but are broken easily during install.

Why not get a 22" monitor like mine? hehe, and no I'm not rich, I worked a LOT to get that setup!
If I could actually get to Klipsch's site, I'd show you the coolest freaking speakers ever (It keeps getting stuck...it's probably just my DSL)

And the AMD's _physically_ break? I had never heard of that happening. *shrug* I think I'll still buy AMD. If I break one, hey...I can just go buy another one and most likely spend less than if I had bought one P4

A 22" monitor!? That must have cost $1000! I don't have _that_ much money I think I'll be happy with a 17" display. If I want something bigger, I'll just buy another one and have a dual monitor display.

http://www.klipsch.com/images/produc.../568_large.jpg

There...I finally got to their site *drool* Only $500. I think I'll wait for a sale (or for one to fall off a truck )
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-11-2002, 09:13 PM
no team

Evulish:

Probably right with the AMD, true, and I've seen klipsch speakers (I am contemplating buying a set).

The 22" cost $2499. www.apple.com/displays.

#15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-11-2002, 10:17 PM

Holy crap. You're monitor is probably going to be worth more than my entire computer! (I figured this out in my head...no clue if the figures are right... $300 mobo/proc, $200 hard drive, $250 dvd burner, $150 soundcard, $100 case/ps, $300 graphics, $100 nic card and other internal stuff, $500 display, $500 speakers, $150 printer..total that up...and...uhh...*counts fingers* $2550 if I added correctly...) I think I'll pass up an Apple display. 17" NEC/Mitsu's are very nice (and a taaad bit cheaper)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: