Go to Post I know what "finished" means, and I know what "robot" means, but what is this "finished robot" of which you speak? - Rick TYler [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-04-2002, 09:12 PM
Reject False Icons
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Snoooowww Daaay!!!

Yep! It's Snowin' over Richmond and looks like no school. Too bad the robotics meeting is probably cancelled...
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-04-2002, 09:48 PM
#0295 (Space Cowboys)

Reed B. is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Reed B.
WHY LIVING IN CALIFORNIA SUCKS

1. No snow days
2. Berkeley
3. No snow days
4. Nancy Pelosi
5. No snow days

The snow days have it.

"We come here today to mourn the passing of Bob...he was in the Peasant Company 2 days, before being crushed under a mech's foot. That makes him a veteran."
"Life is so simple when you are young! 6 weeks of building FIRST, a couple days of compettion, and 40 some weeks of bashing others!"-Norm M.
"I bet that guy's thinking, 'hey, how did I get hit?' With reflexes like those, he should expect it more often!"-MW4: Mercenaries
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-04-2002, 09:58 PM
Missing In Action
#0247 ('da bears)
Team Role: Alumni

DanLevin247 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DanLevin247
Michigan sucks in general.

BERKLEY ( The way the good people spell it ) is a huge school district, where kids who live up to 4 miles from the school itself attend Berkley High School, and thanks to some loophole, we are considered a "walking" district, this means no busses, and kids are supposed to either walk, or drive to school. BHS has next to no parking, so that's a huge problem, and although I don't have a car, I would have to walk about 2.2 miles to the school...which I will never do.

And plus, only in Michigan, can you get frostbite and sunburn in the same week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's all fun and games till someone gets hurt.....then it's hillarious!
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-04-2002, 10:08 PM
None #0343 (Metal-in-Motion)
Team Role: College Student

Jessica L. is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Jessica L. Send a message via Yahoo to Jessica L.
Thumbs up YAY!

Here in upstate SC, we got outta school too! Then tomorrow is a 2 hour delay! Hopefully they'll change it though so we don't have to go at all.

~Jessica~
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-04-2002, 10:23 PM
Political Junkie
AKA: Kerry Girl
#0691 (Hart Burn)

Kristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Quote:
Originally posted by Reed B.

1. No snow days
2. Berkeley
3. No snow days
4. Nancy Pelosi
5. No snow days

The snow days have it.
Alright, I envy the snow, especially since I grew up in Minnesota but how dare you diss on California! We have access to snow if we want it but its far better not having to live in it for months (trust me, not fun shoveling snow and driving in it).

Although I personally like UCLA better, can't bag on Berkeley either since they're our sister (or mother, depends on who you're talking to) school...heck, it is the #1 public school of the nation. And I personally like Nancy Pelosi! So appreciate the goodness of your state and the lovely sunny days everyone else envies, it far outweighs a snow day!!

AIM: Doanie8

Last edited by Kristina : 12-04-2002 at 11:05 PM.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-04-2002, 10:55 PM
Ken Leung's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Dare to Live!
FRC #0115 (Monta Vista Robotics Team)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Ken Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond reputeKen Leung has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ken Leung
Quote:
Originally posted by Reed B.

1. No snow days
2. Berkeley
3. No snow days
4. Nancy Pelosi
5. No snow days

The snow days have it.

I agree about the no snow days...

but Berkeley~!?! I goes to Berkeley and I like it very much!

1999-2001: Team 192 Gunn Robotics Team
2001-2002: Team 100, 192, 258, 419
2002-2004: Western Region Robotics Forum, Score Keeper @ Sac, Az, SVR, SC, CE, IRI, CalGames
2003-2004, 2006-2007: California Robot Games Manager
2008: MC in training @ Sac, CalGames
2009: Master of Ceremony @ Sac, CalGames
2010: GA in training @ SVR, Sac.
2010-2011: Mechanical Mentor, Team 115 MVRT
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-05-2002, 07:45 AM
Schuff Rocks my Socks :)
AKA: Michelle Zimmer
#0093 (NEW Apple Corps)
Team Role: Student

chellyzee93 has a spectacular aura aboutchellyzee93 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to chellyzee93 Send a message via Yahoo to chellyzee93
The snaw has got it all. I mean c'mon, in CA do you have to get up 5 minutes early to scrape your car? How about carry a shovel in your car just in case of bad/no plowing jobs. I especially like getting stuck in snow after a hard day off work,it's a good time argh or the worst getting up 1/2 an hour early to shovel cause your parents don't believe in using one of our two snowblowers~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

In the winter i can do anything from skiing(crosscountry and downhill) sledding, ice skating, snow shoeing, tromping around in the woods, ice fishing, snow fort building,snow fights, and the best snow man building! Try and do those in CA (and video tape it!
Team #93 New Apple Corps

2004 Xerox Creativity Award
2004 St. Louis Regional- 5th Seed

Just waiting for that second wind to kick in

-Chell
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-05-2002, 08:22 AM
ChrisH's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Generally Useless
FRC #0330 (Beach 'Bots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
ChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond reputeChrisH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by chellyzee93

In the winter i can do anything from skiing(crosscountry and downhill) sledding, ice skating, snow shoeing, tromping around in the woods, ice fishing, snow fort building,snow fights, and the best snow man building! Try and do those in CA (and video tape it!
The only things on that list I haven't done in CA are ice fishing and snow shoeing. In general the ice around here doesn't get thick enough to walk on. I could have gone snow shoeing, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

But it is a 2-3 hour drive to get to where you do those things, at least from my house. For most of my relatives Back East a 2-3 hour drive means you're in another state!

"Who is John Galt?"
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-05-2002, 10:11 AM
n.e.r.d #6
FRC #3780 (Robot Unicorns)

Rookie Year: 2002
Jon K. has a brilliant futureJon K. has a brilliant futureJon K. has a brilliant futureJon K. has a brilliant futureJon K. has a brilliant futureJon K. has a brilliant futureJon K. has a brilliant futureJon K. has a brilliant futureJon K. has a brilliant futureJon K. has a brilliant futureJon K. has a brilliant future
I'm getting out of school in 43 minutes and can't wait. I wish the snow came this morning though instead of letting us go home early.

#10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-05-2002, 10:19 AM
I'm a weirdo.
#0271 (Mechanical Marauders)

Chubtoad is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Chubtoad
Getting out of school in 20 minutes
Sweet Sweet snow!!

This Day has been the best one ever!

I thought I had to do a 5 hour math assignment tonight, but the teacher moved it to be due next week

I thought with the math assignment I also had a choir concert tonight, moved to monday due to snow

I would have had to finish my physics homework right now, but I will not have 7,8, and 9th period, 8th and 9th being AP Phys, so no AP Physics (PHYSICS IS PHUN, P=MV IS THE BEST)

And then I get to these computers and NATS WERE ANNOUNCED!!

There is also pretty snow outside, YEAH!!!!
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-05-2002, 10:51 AM
Ricky Q.'s Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
yee haw!
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)

Ricky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Q.
Oh its snowing here, but we are still in school

/me prepares to go out to lunch and do donuts
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-05-2002, 01:14 PM
College? What?
no team (Gompei and the Herd)
Team Role: College Student

Ian W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ian W.
yeah, i got out of school early. of course, half the freaking buses never showed, so i waited, and waited, and finally called my dad. worst early dissmisal ever...
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-05-2002, 02:26 PM
Missing In Action
#0247 ('da bears)

DanLevin247 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DanLevin247
As of right now in the Berkley/Oak Park/Huntington Woods ( 35 minutes out of detroit for the non-michigan people ) area....we have about 5 inches of snow on the ground from a Monday storm, barley any streets in the area have been plowed yet...which makes for hours and hours of skidding, slippery fun!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's all fun and games till someone gets hurt.....then it's hillarious!
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-05-2002, 02:31 PM
Brandon Martus's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
busy.
AKA: B. Slash Kamen
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
Brandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Martus Send a message via AIM to Brandon Martus Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon Martus Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon Martus
Quote:
Originally posted by DanLevin53
...barley any streets in the area have been plowed yet...which makes for hours and hours of skidding, slippery fun!
Residential areas, you mean. The major roads have been ok since Tuesday evening / Wednesday morning. (at least in Rochester, Troy, Sterling Heights, Southfield, and anywhere else I've been during travel between those.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-05-2002, 03:29 PM
Reject False Icons
no team

Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Richmond schools have been cancelled for tomorrow too.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: