OCCRA
Go to Post I think the "F" in FIRST really stands for "friendly." - Rick TYler [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > FIRST-related Organizations > Southern California Regional Robotics Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-13-2002, 12:30 PM
Door Opener Mint Mentor
AKA: Cheryl Miller
#0294 (Beach Cities Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
Redhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of light
SCRRF - chance to ride the Segway

LA opportunity to ride the Segway
There are dates for non amazon customers. I'm an amazon customer, but not high tech high dollar customer, which is why I think I hadn't received this. A mentor forwarded this to me. I don't know if you can get amazon dates if you didn't personally receive this.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 23:33
Subject: Exclusive Opportunity to Ride the Segway HT

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

As one of our best customers with an interest in high-tech innovations, you may want to know about an exclusive opportunity to be among the first in the world to try the revolutionary Segway Human Transporter at a hands-on demonstration in your area. The Segway HT, the world's first self-balancing, dynamically stabilized Human Transporter, is one of the most highly anticipated new products of recent times. At the free demonstration event, you'll have a chance to ride the Segway HT with guidance from Segway experts. Demonstrations will take place in Los Angeles on December 18, 2002, and, for Amazon.com customers only, on December 19, 2002 (see details below).

To participate, simply send an e-mail to RSVP@segway.com with your preferred date and time slot. And don’t forget, the Segway HT is available for reserve by deposit now, exclusively at Amazon.com.

Segway Human Transporter
-- First come, first served for delivery starting March 2003

Price: $4,950.00
Nonrefundable deposit: $495.00 (due now for 2003 delivery)

If you are at least 16 years old and would like to participate in the free Segway HT demonstration, send an e-mail to RSVP@segway.com with your preferred date and time slot. The Segway company will send you a follow-up e-mail confirming your time slot and indicating the specific address and contact information. Do not respond to this e-mail; all inquiries about this event should also be sent to RSVP@segway.com.

Los Angeles--December 18, 2002
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
7 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Los Angeles--December 19, 2002--Amazon.com customers only!
11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
7 p.m. to 8 p.m.

© 2002 Amazon.com. All rights reserved. Amazon.com is a registered trademark of Amazon.com, Inc.
motto: Two Rival Schools, One Team...ride the Tide.
2004 So Cal Chairman's Award, Phoenix Regional DaimlerChrysler Team Spirit Award
2003 So Cal Regional Finalist and Sportsmanship Award, Phoenix Regional Engineering Inspiration Award
2001 So Cal Regional and National Champions, Regional Image Award
Gracious Professionalism Poster
Mint: To invent; to forge; to fabricate; to fashion. Mentor: a wise and trusted guide and advisor.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-20-2002, 03:16 AM
'Luzer'
AKA: Zan
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
ahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond reputeahecht has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to ahecht Send a message via AIM to ahecht Send a message via Yahoo to ahecht
I went to the one today, and it was practically empty. I got to ride the Segway for almost 20 minutes. Now all I have to do is find $4950 lying around to buy one!

Scorekeeper: '05 Championship DaVinci Field/'10 WPI Regional
Co-Founder: WPI-EBOT Educational Robotics Program
Alumnus: WPI/Mass Academy Team #190
Alumnus (and founder): Oakwood Robotics Team #992

"Life is an odd numbered problem the answer isn't in the back of the book." — Anonymous WPI Student
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-20-2002, 09:42 AM
back to school ;-)
FRC #0696 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2002
sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute
I went to the one on the 18th and I was the only person there for a while. I got to ride it for a long time too. The Segway staff was really impressed that I was on a FIRST team so they gave me a T-shirt!

Whoever says the Segway is stupid is themself stupid. That machine is awsome!
Student Mechanical Leader and Driver, Team 696 Circuit Breakers, 2002-2004

Purchase Cree LED Bulbs from the Team 696 Online Store

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: