OCCRA
Go to Post at what point does gracious professionalism turn into cut throat competition? - aepstein [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-30-2002, 01:38 PM
#0068 (Truck Town Thunder)

Scott Garver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Scott Garver
Truck Town Thunder-Team #68 Suffers Tremendous Loss

On December 29, 2002, Truck Town Thunder-Team #68 suffered a tremendous and heartbreaking loss, with the death of Team Advisor, Phillip Clancy. Due to complications resulting from his recent diagnosis of leukemia, Phil lost his courageous battle against this terrible disease. Phil was always a positive role model and mentor for the members of Truck Town Thunder. His sense of humor and lighthearted nature was enjoyed by all those who knew him. As one of the team?s advisor-scout and strategist, Phil?s insight and expertise helped to set team #68 apart from other teams within the F.I.R.S.T. community. As, a driving force to encourage young women within the field of engineering, he was instrumental in creating ?Lady Thunder?, which was comprised of female members of Truck Town Thunder. They will never forget his love, support and inspiration. Phil will never be replaced in the hearts of his team and they will carry on his message of courage, dignity and grace. Team #68 will dedicate themselves to upholding the gracious professionalism that he demonstrated throughout his life.

Scott Garver
Team #68 Student Captain
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-30-2002, 01:55 PM
GET IT ON!!
FRC #0121 (Rhode Warrior)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2000
Kyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Fenton
I will like to express my condolences to Phillip Clancy's family and to team 68.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-30-2002, 02:22 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
REVving up for a new season
FRC #2848 (All-sparks)

Rookie Year: 2002
Greg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Needel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Needel Send a message via Skype™ to Greg Needel
I'm sorry

I would also like to express my condolences to the Clancy family and to team 68.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-30-2002, 02:31 PM
#0016 (Bomb Squad)

Gope is on a distinguished road
Wow

Im sorry to hear...Make him proud this year
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-30-2002, 02:41 PM
Build, Break, Repeat
AKA: Brandon Mensing
FRC #0246 (Overclocked)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2001
generalbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to generalbrando
I'm sorry to hear this. My condolences to everyone who knew him. I'm glad to hear he had a great impact on your team. It's so unfortunate to lose him. I wish your team the best this year and hope you win one for him.
Lead Mentor of Team #246, Boston University Academy and Boston University, Overclocked
www.burobotics.org

#6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-30-2002, 02:49 PM
#0288 (the RoboDawgs)

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Don
That is terribly sad. I can still remember speaking to him and working with him at competitions. He really was an amazing individual and was highly regarded on our team. My heart goes out to his family.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-30-2002, 04:29 PM
Reject False Icons
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck guys, you can over come anything, you've made it this far.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-30-2002, 06:05 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 1995
Ashley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond reputeAshley Weed has a reputation beyond repute
Sending sympathy to the family and the team from myself, and my fellow members of team 84. Best wishes with the upcoming season.

-God Bless
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-30-2002, 08:04 PM
#0353 (Pobots)

Stacy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Stacy
Unhappy

I'm very sorry about your loss as well. My team (353) also lost one of our teachers this year. On October 3rd, 2002, Mr. Swanson passed away from a heart attack. The kids on the team decided to name this years robot "Swanny5." We miss him terribly, and the team will not be the same with out him at any cost. Swanson was always there for us to help out with anything, keep us focused, stocked up on M&Ms, and be there whenever we needed him. He put in endless hours, and knew how to keep us organized and put together as a team. Our team will go on though, I will be back to help teach the younger kids this year, and hopefully we will do better then ever, to show Mr. Swanson how much we care about him. He'll be watching, and will always be with us, we're going to try our best to make him proud. I'm sure your team will do great also, although it will be tough. Again, sorry about your loss, but if you need to talk to someone going through the same thing as you right now: AIM: Stacybg

good luck in the upcoming season!

-Stacy

. . . Team 353 Mentor and Teacher Bill Swanson 1955-2002 . . . gone but not forgotten . . .
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-30-2002, 08:08 PM
Molly Menges

i'd like to send my best wishes to the family and team. i'm terribly sorry for your loss and hope you have a grest season to make him proud!
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-30-2002, 11:07 PM
Missing In Action
#0247 ('da bears)
Team Role: Alumni

DanLevin247 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DanLevin247
My upmost condolances, I know you guys will make him proud again this year, I'm sure he'll still be watching.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's all fun and games till someone gets hurt.....then it's hillarious!
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-31-2002, 07:20 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Broadcast Eng/Chief Robot Inspector
AKA: Big Al WFFA 2005
FRC #0111 (WildStang)

Rookie Year: 1996
Al Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond reputeAl Skierkiewicz has a reputation beyond repute
He will be missed...Our thoughts go out to you.
www.wildstang.org
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-31-2002, 02:35 PM
Schuff Rocks my Socks :)
AKA: Michelle Zimmer
#0093 (NEW Apple Corps)
Team Role: Student

chellyzee93 has a spectacular aura aboutchellyzee93 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to chellyzee93 Send a message via Yahoo to chellyzee93
I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sure his memory will be kept alive in your hearts. I'm sure you will make him proud.
Team #93 New Apple Corps

2004 Xerox Creativity Award
2004 St. Louis Regional- 5th Seed

Just waiting for that second wind to kick in

-Chell
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-31-2002, 04:10 PM
no team (000)

skrussel has a spectacular aura aboutskrussel has a spectacular aura aboutskrussel has a spectacular aura about
Sympathy

To T3 -

Team 1037, Stoney Creek H.S. in Rochester sends our condolences, and we wish you the best this year.
Rock on, kids.

Regards, Susan Krussell
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-01-2003, 10:38 AM
no team (Volunteer)

BrendaB is an unknown quantity at this point
My condolences

On behalf of Team 65, we offer our condolences to Team 68.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: