Go to Post I hate mini-bots. - Gdeaver [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Rules/Strategy
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2003, 05:29 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
Ben Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute
Starting Position question

In the manual, the section describint the robot's initial placement on the field is a little vague. It says:

QUOTE:

"Robots will initially be placed within the starting areas in the alleys at the sides of the platform/ramp structure. Each alliance’s robots will start on the far side of the midfield barrier."

Does this mean that the robot has a specific square to be placed on WITHIN the alley, or that the robot can be placed anywhere in the alley?

The meaning of this section is disputed in my team, and before proceeding further with any strategies that are dependent on this (as well as programming, ), I would appreciate clarification from y'all.

Thanks everyone!

--Ben

Vex Robotics Competition team advisor (4 high school teams)
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2003, 06:27 PM
GitHubber
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Jeremy_Mc will become famous soon enoughJeremy_Mc will become famous soon enough
anywhere in the alley READ THE TEAM UPDATES AND FORUMS!! they're rather helpful...

good luck

*jeremy
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2003, 06:27 PM
I bent my wookie...
AKA: Bryan Duggan
#0027 (Team Rush)
Team Role: College Student

Bduggan04 will become famous soon enoughBduggan04 will become famous soon enough
If you read through FIRST's Forums, you will find your answer. You can place your robot anywhere in the grey are as long as you are inside of it. FIRST said this was to accomidate for most Autonomous mode strategies.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2003, 07:07 PM
Dancing through life...
FRC #0488 (Xbot)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
Madison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Madison
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy_Mc
anywhere in the alley READ THE TEAM UPDATES AND FORUMS!! they're rather helpful...

good luck

*jeremy
The updates, yes. I don't have the time or patience to wade through 11 pages of questions looking for answers. FIRST needs to compile their answers in one place - like the updates.

...down at the Ozdust!

Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time. And for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2003, 07:22 PM
GitHubber
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2002
Jeremy_Mc will become famous soon enoughJeremy_Mc will become famous soon enough
oh yeah...some people have lives lol...

i don't so yeah it works out great

*jeremy
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-11-2003, 07:28 PM
#0811 (A.R.C.)

bigqueue will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to bigqueue Send a message via Yahoo to bigqueue
Quote:
Originally posted by M. Krass
The updates, yes. I don't have the time or patience to wade through 11 pages of questions looking for answers. FIRST needs to compile their answers in one place - like the updates.

Actually....reading the forums isn't all that tough. I just go and look for questions with a reply. If it has no reply, it has not been answered.

Though, sometimes there are people (not FIRST) who send in replies or rebuttals to questions. I'm not sure why FIRST allows those to be posted since they moderate the forum....but they slip through every now and again.

-Quentin

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: