OCCRA
Go to Post Part of FRC and design/engineering is perseverance. Keep your chin up, your thoughts positive, and have respect for your work and the work of your teammates. - Nathan_Fraser [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Technical Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2003, 12:02 PM
FRC #0061
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 1995
Mike Norton is a name known to allMike Norton is a name known to allMike Norton is a name known to allMike Norton is a name known to allMike Norton is a name known to allMike Norton is a name known to all
Robot Digital Input

I set up four linits switches

The problem I am having is stopping the forward motion of the motors. I wired up pin 4,5,18,and 19 all to ground which were 3,6,17,and 20

I am reading 4.92 volts at the switches but when the switches close the motor still works in the forward or backward direction.

I have two motors that I wanted to stop. two limit switches per motor.

am I reading the reference guide right.

I am using the joystick in port 3 and joy stick in port 4 on the operator Interface

Any help would be great this is the first year we are using limits switches ( 8 years without )
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2003, 12:30 PM
rbayer's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Blood, Sweat, and Code
no team (Teamless Orphan)

Rookie Year: 2001
rbayer is a glorious beacon of lightrbayer is a glorious beacon of lightrbayer is a glorious beacon of lightrbayer is a glorious beacon of lightrbayer is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to rbayer
Electrically, I think you are doing the right thing in terms of pins. However, you shouldn't be reading +5 anywhere. Are you sure you wired this stuff into the digital inputs port on the RC and not the analog? It looks like that may be the problem as pins 3,6,17,and 20 all carry +5V on the analog port. If you move your connector to the digital input port, it should work.

Last edited by rbayer : 01-16-2003 at 12:32 PM.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2003, 12:40 PM

crazycliffy is an unknown quantity at this point
I also believe it is software...

so make sure the software variables in the PBASIC
code gets changed. Because below means that
the default PBASIC code will do the following:

the Full-Size RC Reference Guide says:
for
Pin 4 "PWM 3 won't go forward if rc_sw5 is ON"
Pin 5 "PWM 3 won't go forward if rc_sw6 is ON"
Pin 18 "PWM 4 won't go forward if rc_sw7 is ON"
Pin 19 "PWM 4 won't go forward if rc_sw8 is ON"
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2003, 01:03 PM
Software Engineer
VRC #0111 (Wildstang)
Team Role: Engineer

Dave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond reputeDave Flowerday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by rbayer
However, you shouldn't be reading +5 anywhere.
If he was reading the voltage at an unconnected (or switch open) digital input pin he would read +5V due to the internal pullup resistor.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2003, 01:04 PM
FRC #0061

Mike Norton is a name known to allMike Norton is a name known to allMike Norton is a name known to allMike Norton is a name known to allMike Norton is a name known to allMike Norton is a name known to all
It is on the digital side and I am only going off the default.

Plus the light will not go on. pin 8 on the relay should turn the light on.

I can put the light on pin 1 of the relay and pull the trigger on the joy stick and the light will go on.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2003, 01:31 PM
FRC #0061

the problem was in the robot controller

I replaced with last year controller and it works great
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: