OCCRA
Go to Post OMG I'm a nerd! :ahh: - JBotAlan [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-24-2003, 11:55 PM
#0933 (Adler Attack)

n[ate]vw is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to n[ate]vw
Memory Map

Just to confirm some of my theories about the Basic Stamp editor memory map editor.

Question 1: The table on the left side seems to have an extra zero column, right? "010" should just be "01"?

Question 2: Are those numbers even right? This memory map tells me that my program starts at "60A", or reading the table, "600A", and goes all the way to 7FF. Now, out of curiousity, does the program start at 7FF and work backwards to 60A, or start at 60A and work up?

Question 3: Did question #1 and #2 make any sense, because I'm kind of tired right now....
Adler Attack #933 -- Trigos
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-25-2003, 12:17 AM
rbayer's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Blood, Sweat, and Code
no team (Teamless Orphan)

Rookie Year: 2001
rbayer is a glorious beacon of lightrbayer is a glorious beacon of lightrbayer is a glorious beacon of lightrbayer is a glorious beacon of lightrbayer is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to rbayer
Your program does indeed build from the bottom up. Whether it executes from the bottom up, however, is something I honestly don't know the answer to. I believe it does, but I'm not 100% sure.

The values of the table are correct. To read an individual location, you take the number on the left and replace the last 0 with whatever digit is on top. Thus, the valid memory addresses are 000-7FF. This gives 2048 bytes of memory, as it should be.

--Rob

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: