OCCRA
Go to Post You know, I love the fact that FIRST has always got your back. :D - Beth Sweet [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

View Poll Results: Code Red: Mountain Magic or Devilish Dew?
Great Stuff! 11 26.19%
Dew is Dew 10 23.81%
What were they thinking? 6 14.29%
Back in my day... Mountain Dew was green... 9 21.43%
Green... Red... I don't care, I'm colorblind! 4 9.52%
Honestly... Cherry? 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-12-2001, 12:35 PM
Boston Regional Planning Committee
no team
Team Role: Communications

Rookie Year: 1998
Jon Abad will become famous soon enoughJon Abad will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Jon Abad
Question Dew...

Mountain Dew...
FIRST Fuel if you will...
Powering teams across the nation, this explosive potion never fails to deliver in its attempts to quench thirst.

Recently, Dew added another flavor to its arsenal in the form of Code Red... My question is: Is Code Red worthy of the Dew name or is its brilliant red color the result of some crazed lithmus test?
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-12-2001, 03:06 PM
Joe Johnson's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Engineer at iRobot
AKA: Dr. Joe
FRC #3958 (FRC Teams Need Names?)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1996
Joe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Worthy of the name...

Code Red is a worthy addition to the Dew Family.

The Dew Engineers got it right: The initial taste, the carbonation level, the feel in the throat, the follow through on the palate.

Code Red is clearly brother/sister to Mt. Dew.

While I still like the original better, I mix it up once in a while with a Code Red now and again.

Now if only they would sell it in cans...

Joe J.

http://www.mountaindew.com/code_red/code_red_faq.html
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-13-2001, 10:14 AM
Always be shipping.
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Jessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond repute
Lol....

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Johnson
Code Red is a worthy addition to the Dew Family.

The Dew Engineers got it right: The initial taste, the carbonation level, the feel in the throat, the follow through on the palate.

Code Red is clearly brother/sister to Mt. Dew.

While I still like the original better, I mix it up once in a while with a Code Red now and again.

Now if only they would sell it in cans...

Joe J.

http://www.mountaindew.com/code_red/code_red_faq.html
Ok, Brandon, I think its time to change Dr Joe's name to "Mountain Dew Connoisseur"

By the way, Joe, Lora & I have been collecting cans for the "Chief Delphi Fundraising Project", I dont know if you want them or not, cause of course you get $.10 over where you live.....(sorry all, bad Kickoff joke)
Advisor, NE FIRST
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-13-2001, 11:14 AM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock
Released too Early

I think that Code Red should have been released in December to coincide with the holiday season. It would have been more festive. Green & Red Dew for the holidays!

#5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-13-2001, 08:42 PM
From the Land of Circular Weather
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Lora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Lora Knepper Send a message via MSN to Lora Knepper
I work for Kmart (stop laughing!!!! ) and I just saw the Red Dew for the first time today....I wanted to scream that THAT couldn't possibly be Dew...but if Joe J is giving his stamp of approval, I may just have to try it tomorrow on my break....

~ lora
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-13-2001, 08:56 PM
AKA: Angela (Hall) Leese
FRC #3455 (Carpe Robotum)

A. Leese has a spectacular aura aboutA. Leese has a spectacular aura about
I like the new Dew..but I'm not so sure that it should have the Dew name on it. It's like that green ketchup. I love ketchup. Ask anyone who has ever shared a meal with me. The green stuff tastes no different yet it's just not the same thing for me. Maybe it'll all in my head. woah..something in my head. What a feeling! I always thought my head was empty..hehe

~Angela who is still afraid of the green ketchup, even after tasting it
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-13-2001, 09:15 PM
Software guy
FRC #0111 (Wildstang)

Rookie Year: 1996
Mike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond repute
With all this talk about Code Red, I had to stop at the store before softball today and pick some up. I got some strange looks from my team, but I must agree with Joe, it's a worthy addition to the Dew family. It starts out tasting like regular Mtn Dew, then the cherry flavor kicks in. I could go for another

Mike, who had Mtn Dew for lunch and Code Red at softball
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-13-2001, 09:38 PM
A Legacy of Impact
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)

Rookie Year: 1999
David Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to David Kelly Send a message via Yahoo to David Kelly
No Dew for Perry

Mountain Dew is not the Official FIRST Fuel for our school because we are a "Coke" school. Our school gets all this money from Coca-cola and we are limited to what we can bring in. It is almost "against the rules" to bring in ANY Pepsi product. Teachers may choose to bring in a Pepsi product but it is very frowned upon and they are required to cover up the logo. You may see a few people bring in some Dew, but it's mostly Coke. It may sound stupid (it is) but it's all polotics. You wold understand if you went to our school.

2010 Boilermaker Regional

Chairman's Award, Regional Finalist
2010 Kansas City Regional
Entrepreneurship Award

2010 Championships
Autodesk Inventor Award Winner
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2001, 01:05 AM
Andy Baker's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
President, AndyMark, Inc.
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)

Andy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Baker
I'll stick to my Citrus Drop

In my fridge right now:

1.5 cases of Citrus Drop
1 case of Big K cola
misc. other beverages

You guys and your name brand products... ha.

I'm getting ready to jump off of the Big K bandwagon and onto the Ssssshhhhasta wagon.

Andy B.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2001, 09:05 AM
cd addicted ninny
#0419 (rambots)

mike o'leary is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mike o'leary Send a message via AIM to mike o'leary Send a message via Yahoo to mike o'leary
hmmm...
in my fridge right now:
3 liters of star cola
0 liters of anything else

...i like dew and other name brand products, but im too cheap to buy them for myself

***ninny pride***
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-14-2001, 11:21 AM
do you..
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
Joel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond reputeJoel J has a reputation beyond repute
Sprite, all the way....
And that's all i have to say.....

Division By Zero (229) Alumni, 2003-2007
RAGE (173) Alumni, 1999-2003
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-15-2001, 09:59 AM
From the Land of Circular Weather
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Lora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Lora Knepper Send a message via MSN to Lora Knepper
Ok...so I broke down and bought a bottle of the Code Red Dew....got a TON of weird looks from my co-workers...and then proceeded to stare at the bottle for a good 10 minutes wondering if I really wanted to drink it...

But I have to say...I bought another before the end of the night! I must agree with Joe J and give Pepsi a thumbs up on the new Dew. I'm a purist, and was worried about Red Dew...but it's great! And yeah...I hate all other cherry soda, so it's even odder for me to say that

~ lora

PS - as for name brand soda, my mom tries to pass of Stop and Shop's "Mountain Frost" as Dew..... but it will never be the same
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-16-2001, 07:16 PM
AKA: Angela (Hall) Leese
FRC #3455 (Carpe Robotum)

A. Leese has a spectacular aura aboutA. Leese has a spectacular aura about
Re: No Dew for Perry

Quote:
Originally posted by David Kelly
Mountain Dew is not the Official FIRST Fuel for our school because we are a "Coke" school. Our school gets all this money from Coca-cola and we are limited to what we can bring in.
At my school it's the opposite..we're a Pepsi school and Coke is almost illegal. That does give us the advantage of having soda machines that may be stocked with Dew. Too bad Dew is the first soda to run out and I have second lunch...

~Angela
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-16-2001, 07:21 PM
cd addicted ninny
#0419 (rambots)

mike o'leary is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mike o'leary Send a message via AIM to mike o'leary Send a message via Yahoo to mike o'leary
hmmm
my school has a coke and a pepsi machine...and some strange policy of shutting them both of from 2nd period through 7th period...which is wierd cuz you can get a drink from them before lunches but not during them

***ninny pride***
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-16-2001, 11:55 PM
Half the JVN,All theTaste
no team
Team Role: College Student

Pamela has a spectacular aura aboutPamela has a spectacular aura aboutPamela has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pamela
Code Red

My school is owned by Pepsi...... we got in trouble for the silver coke bottles we made in chemistry ! Silly rules! I love red mountain dew because it tastes like a Shirley Temple..... mmmmm yum! It's one of the only types of soda I drink... Dew, Code Red, and Fanta (only available in Europe I think :...(, sadness). Code Red is great cause its a shirley temple, for half the price and and keeps you awake better! (or in my case, ask Kate(WPI), about how crazyyyyy it makes me!)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: