OCCRA
Go to Post Do not under estimate the wood bots and brave little toasters! - hipsterjr [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Robot Showcase
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2003, 01:13 PM
AKA: Anthony Lapp
None #0118 (Team RUSH and Robonauts)

Rookie Year: 1996
ajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond repute
857 mostly complete robot

As of Saturday afternoon the robot is 90%. The wiring pictured is half temporary half official, we still have work to do on our box stacking device, and plenty of armor plating to add.

Semi-official weight as pictured is about 75 pounds. There are about 20 more pounds of robot components to be added, the rest after that is for pretty stuff.

Specs:

2 wheel swerve
3 d.o.f. arm
box indexing device that creates stacks of 4 boxes

the robot has a ground speed of about 5.5 fps, fits nicely under the bar in about 1.5 to 2 seconds(total fold time), and has really surprising traction(mostly because the arm allows us to distribute the cg directly over our front wheels), the final development of this system should allow us to create stacks of 4 and then place them of stacks of up to 3.

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/pi...&quiet=verbose

Anthony Lapp
Lead Design
Team 221-->857 Superior Roboworks
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2003, 01:20 PM
back to school ;-)
FRC #0696 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2002
sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute
Very Nice! How many students, engineers, teachers, etc are on your team?

Also, Where does the rotating light go?
Student Mechanical Leader and Driver, Team 696 Circuit Breakers, 2002-2004

Purchase Cree LED Bulbs from the Team 696 Online Store
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2003, 01:44 PM
AKA Ian Ferguson
AKA: Ian Ferguson
FRC #0694 (StuyPulse)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2002
Ianworld has much to be proud ofIanworld has much to be proud ofIanworld has much to be proud ofIanworld has much to be proud ofIanworld has much to be proud ofIanworld has much to be proud ofIanworld has much to be proud ofIanworld has much to be proud ofIanworld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Ianworld
Very very cool. Wish i'd thought of laying the boxes down backwards on our arm. i'll see if i can convince my team to alter the arm to do that... just might work . Nice vector drive and omniwheels also. Reminds me of what our robot should look like, instead of being pieces. Sweet robot and good luck at the competitions.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2003, 02:32 PM

ajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond reputeajlapp has a reputation beyond repute
team info

we are a college team run by college students. we have roughly 10 or 12 college mentors, about 15 high school students and one high school teacher, although his time is tight and he is unable to be really involved.

the team was officially started in 2000 by myself and three other friends of mine from high school. i was a member of team 221 as a senior in high school, the other guys were from team 27, we started the team as freshman here at tech.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2003, 05:04 PM
Alumni
no team

Rookie Year: 1999
Todd Derbyshire will become famous soon enoughTodd Derbyshire will become famous soon enough
How do you pick up boxes? Do you have to pick them up by being right on top of them?
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2003, 05:29 PM

roller chain assembly

the chain on the arm when finished has chain hooks which lift the boxes along the rails.........

some of this assembly is pictured, but not all of it. the arm can pick up boxes in any position, including parallel to the ground or completely perpendicular to it.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2003, 06:20 PM
C is for cookie...
#0862 (Team Lightning)
Team Role: Webmaster

Duke 13370 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Duke 13370
Quite impressive. I really need to see it in action to ever hope to comprehend what in the world it's doing. I assume you're going to at least one of the michigan regionals, so mabye i can see it there.
Very impressive.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2003, 06:30 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
GregT will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GregT
Hmm...

One thing is for sure, that robot is sexy.

My only dislike is the 2wd and crab+omni wheels. I would think you might have some problems going up the ramp, and will not be able to compete on the top of it...

Besides that it's great for it's intended purpose.

Greg
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-02-2003, 10:42 PM
Your Attention Please
FRC #0006 (CogSquad)
Team Role: Alumni

AJ Quick has a spectacular aura aboutAJ Quick has a spectacular aura about
That is extremely amazing.

Place your attention entirely on my voice and try to ignore all the others. It is important to be able to focus on a single source of information while blocking out all the other things competing for your attention.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2003, 12:17 AM
#0469 (Las Guerrillas)

foursixnine is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to foursixnine
Quote:
Originally posted by GregT
Hmm...

One thing is for sure, that robot is sexy.

My only dislike is the 2wd and crab+omni wheels. I would think you might have some problems going up the ramp, and will not be able to compete on the top of it...

Besides that it's great for it's intended purpose.

Greg
My guess would be that they aren't going to try for the ramp. I don't know if you were around for 2000s game but Chiefdelphi had a similar strategy. While everyone was fighting over the bar they continued to manipulate the balls uninterrupted. It proved to be a good strategy, and that years robot is still a favorite of many, including myself. Based on 857s drive, limbo capabilities and large stacking arm, my guess would be they are going to try a similar strategy by manipulating the bins/stacks while the other bots are fighting over the ramp.

Nice looking robot guys.

Last edited by foursixnine : 02-03-2003 at 02:12 PM.
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2003, 12:23 AM
FTC #6565 (The Stuffed Dragons)
Team Role: Engineer

Rob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to behold
it looks a little tipsy... did you do any tests pushing against the top of it? or put it up against your old bot, see if you get pushed over
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2003, 01:02 PM
Joe Johnson's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Engineer at iRobot
AKA: Dr. Joe
FRC #0246 (Overclocked)
Team Role: Engineer

Joe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Johnson has a reputation beyond repute
bolts in treads...

What to folks think about the bolts attaching the tread?

I think literal interpretation of the rules would not allow them.

Other thoughts?

Joe J.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2003, 01:30 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Retired -- 2006
no team

Rookie Year: 1999
Bill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond reputeBill Gold has a reputation beyond repute
Re: bolts in treads...

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Johnson
What to folks think about the bolts attaching the tread?

I think literal interpretation of the rules would not allow them.

Other thoughts?

Joe J.
I agree Joe. I was under the impression that attatching tread in part, or completely in this fashion was against the rules.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2003, 02:17 PM
7 years, allready!!???!?!?!
AKA: Mongo
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
Greg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeGreg Perkins has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Greg Perkins Send a message via MSN to Greg Perkins Send a message via Yahoo to Greg Perkins
it looks pretty flimsy.

it doesnt have much of a solid framework. o well at least u guys did what u set out todo

bad

XBOX Live Gamertag = TrixAre4Kidss
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-03-2003, 03:32 PM
no team

GregT will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GregT
Quote:
Originally posted by foursixnine
My guess would be that they aren't going to try for the ramp. I don't know if you were around for 2000s game but Chiefdelphi had a similar strategy. While everyone was fighting over the bar they continued to manipulate the balls uninterrupted. It proved to be a good strategy, and that years robot is still a favorite of many, including myself. Based on 857s drive, limbo capabilities and large stacking arm, my guess would be they are going to try a similar strategy by manipulating the bins/stacks while the other bots are fighting over the ramp.

Nice looking robot guys.
It looks like a thief bot to me, and a thief bot would work best over the ramp.
Greg

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: