OCCRA
Go to Post woo hoo! I rigged up brief Internet access using an old wornout robot battery. - Mark McLeod [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Programming
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-14-2003, 11:00 AM
I Like Cheese.
AKA: GERG
#0384 (Sparky)
Team Role: Programmer

GregC is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to GregC
multi-bank programming problem

We have loaded the default program for the Multi-Bank programming. It tokenizes successfully, but when it it loaded into the RC, it gives a BASIC INIT ERROR and BASIC ERROR. We tried another computer and the INIT error went away, but the basic error still occured. We didn't modify the program.
Has anyone else had a problem with this?
Thanks.
-greg
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-14-2003, 11:20 AM
'The' drive behind the drive
None #0226 (TEC CReW Hammerheads)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
Matt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond repute
We have not had any problems using the processor slots, if you don't get it soon maybe post it here or you can send it to me to look at

matthew.reiland@gm.com
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-14-2003, 01:25 PM
Mark Ivey
AKA: Mark
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
Mr. Ivey is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Ivey is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Ivey is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Ivey is a glorious beacon of lightMr. Ivey is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Ivey
looking at through the parallax site, i found something about the multi bank code. and from the way i read it it seems you need to have a selector defining which band to select code from. as i had been saying in the meetings that we probably need to tell the chip which bank to read the code from. so if we bridge the pins to select the code and it works, i'm going to be all like "I TOLD YOU SO" and such.
~Mr. Ivey
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-14-2003, 03:13 PM
Robotics and Field Hockey
AKA: Jesse C. Owens
#0159 (Alpine Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2000
Skabana159 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Skabana159
Sorry, but could you explain what you mean by "multi-bank" program?

Usually a BASIC init error is caused by a problem in the serin, or the initialization constants (the ones that start with c_, and are set to 0 or 1). These are not caught in the tokenization, because everything is still syntactically correct, however there will be a strange or non-existant serial communication between the RC and the OI.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: