OCCRA
Go to Post I think a 100% student-run team is as good as a school taught by your peers. - Andrew Lawrence [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Rules/Strategy
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-18-2002, 07:50 PM
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
Ben Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond reputeBen Mitchell has a reputation beyond repute
DQed game rules

Have have 2 questions:

1. When an alliance is disqualified, can the opposing alliance finish up the 2:00 round?

2. I've heard that, if an alliance is disqualified, than the opposing alliance gets three times their OWN score, I am correct?

If the opposing alliance can play out the round, they could really score major amounts of points!

--Ben Mitchell
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-19-2002, 01:39 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Been-In-FIRST-Too-Long
FRC #1438 (The Aztechs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Matt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Matt Leese
Disqualifications usually don't happen until after the match is over. I've only seen one team/alliance DQ'ed in five years of FIRST so I don't think it'd be too common. So I don't feel it'd be too much of an issue.

Matt
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-20-2002, 07:44 PM
#0442 (Leegeneers)
Team Role: Alumni

Anthony S. is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Anthony S. Send a message via Yahoo to Anthony S.
Disable the robot

I read somewhere that the refs can also disable your robot, if they do that then I'm sure the match will continue, you just won't be able to do anything.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-20-2002, 09:28 PM
FRC #0108 (SigmaC@T)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1995
soap108 is a splendid one to beholdsoap108 is a splendid one to beholdsoap108 is a splendid one to beholdsoap108 is a splendid one to beholdsoap108 is a splendid one to beholdsoap108 is a splendid one to beholdsoap108 is a splendid one to behold
Ben,

You're not alone in thinking some of the DQ rules are ambiguous. The answer to your #1 is in the rulebook in the paragraph right before DQ1. ('The match ends immediately.') However, the FIRSTtech2002 board recently said the non-DQ team can continue the match!! I've asked them to clarify and haven't seen their answer yet. If you see any more official responses from FIRST pls, post a link here.

You are correct about your #2.

p.s. I've also asked first to clarify if a DQ'd Red robot is in Blue's robot-zone, does blue get points for it? No answer there either.

p.p.s. Last year was probably the worst year as far as DQ's go. So many coaches stopped the clock when it should have been a student-driver. But that situation shouldn't exist this year. Hopefully we won't see too many DQ's in any form.

Regards,
KA-108
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-20-2002, 11:54 PM
#0069 (Team HYPER)

Matt Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Matt Ryan Send a message via AIM to Matt Ryan
Quote:
Originally posted by soap108
Ben,

You're not alone in thinking some of the DQ rules are ambiguous. The answer to your #1 is in the rulebook in the paragraph right before DQ1. ('The match ends immediately.') However, the FIRSTtech2002 board recently said the non-DQ team can continue the match!! I've asked them to clarify and haven't seen their answer yet. If you see any more official responses from FIRST pls, post a link here.

You are correct about your #2.

p.s. I've also asked first to clarify if a DQ'd Red robot is in Blue's robot-zone, does blue get points for it? No answer there either.

p.p.s. Last year was probably the worst year as far as DQ's go. So many coaches stopped the clock when it should have been a student-driver. But that situation shouldn't exist this year. Hopefully we won't see too many DQ's in any form.

Regards,
KA-108
Its a robot in blue's zone...no reason why it shouldn't count for points.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: