OCCRA
Go to Post My code mentors once told me, "A good programmer can look at a library, decide he hates it, and code everything from scratch. An amazing programmer can look at a library, decide he hates it, but realize the time it will save him and learn to use it." - slavik262 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Regional Competitions
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2003, 11:44 AM
FRC #0108 (SigmaC@T)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1995
soap108 is a splendid one to beholdsoap108 is a splendid one to beholdsoap108 is a splendid one to beholdsoap108 is a splendid one to beholdsoap108 is a splendid one to beholdsoap108 is a splendid one to beholdsoap108 is a splendid one to behold
W/e #4 webcasts...

How would you rate the webcasts this weekend?

(Midwest, Peachtree, Silicon Valley, Philly)

* Highest Quality of video
* Least choppy
* Clear Audio
* whatever....

Just wondering...
KA-Moto108

webcast + archive of Midwest: nasa.sigmacat.com
Ranking scroller: www.sigmacat.com
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2003, 12:40 PM
Robot-A-Holic
FRC #0980 (The ThunderBots)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2002
DougHogg has much to be proud ofDougHogg has much to be proud ofDougHogg has much to be proud ofDougHogg has much to be proud ofDougHogg has much to be proud ofDougHogg has much to be proud ofDougHogg has much to be proud ofDougHogg has much to be proud of
I haven't been able to receive them for some reason.

I am a Mac guy running OS X, and I have Windows Media Player, but it isn't getting the video stream.

In the readme for the OS X version of Windows Media Player, it suggests that I get the exact url of the stream and put that in the url window of Media Player.

If anyone can get that to me, I would appreciate it. Since we have an "arm" robot, I really wanted to see Team 71's "Beast" in action.

So to answer your survey, I liked QuickTime better, needless to say.
Championship Event: Galileo 2nd seed,
IRI: Competition Winner, Cal Games: Competition Winner
2005: Arizona: 1st seed
Silicon Valley: Regional Champion (Thanks Teams 254 and 22)
S. California: Regional Runners Up (Thanks Teams 22 and 968)
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2003, 01:19 PM
Joe Ross's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #0330 (Beachbots)

Rookie Year: 1997
Joe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond repute
I have the same problem as Doug, except that I'm using linux. Mplayer (or any other player) can't parse the nsc file, otherwise they could play the stream.

The Philly Real player stream is really nice. I've never had it rebuffer, and 98% of the time, it's really clear and not jumpy at all. Audio is perfect.

Yesterday's San Jose WMP stream was horrible. It was blocky, and small, and the audio wasn't good at all. I'll be trying their Real stream after the philly regional is over.

Yesterday, I watched some of the midwest from a computer lab (so audio was turned off). It seemed clear, but jumpy, like you were only getting 5-10 fps.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2003, 01:36 PM
#YoDawgSafetyFirst
FRC #4329 (Lutheran Roboteers)
Team Role: Coach

Rookie Year: 2001
Ryan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Dognaux
I've only been watching the Midwest Regional. The picture is excellent, but the video is a little jumpy.
Team 4329 Mentor: Current
STL Off-Season Event: www.gatewayroboticschallenge.com
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2003, 03:25 PM
Serial Volunteer
AKA: Ed Patterson
FRC #0191 (X-Cats)
Team Role: Mentor

Koko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond reputeKoko Ed has a reputation beyond repute
The San Jose Silicon Valley feed is terrible.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2003, 03:30 PM
GET IT ON!!
FRC #0121 (Rhode Warrior)

Rookie Year: 2000
Kyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud ofKyle Fenton has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Kyle Fenton
Quote:
Originally posted by DougHogg
I haven't been able to receive them for some reason.

I am a Mac guy running OS X, and I have Windows Media Player, but it isn't getting the video stream.

In the readme for the OS X version of Windows Media Player, it suggests that I get the exact url of the stream and put that in the url window of Media Player.

If anyone can get that to me, I would appreciate it. Since we have an "arm" robot, I really wanted to see Team 71's "Beast" in action.

So to answer your survey, I liked QuickTime better, needless to say.
I almost had the same problem as him. I have WMP and Mac OS 8.6. The stream would work fine for 20 seconds, than the video would stop working, and the audio would stutter.

It was not a bandwidth problem, because I'm monitored it. And it wasn't a codec problem because I saw it, but only for 20 seconds or so.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2003, 03:46 PM
Yay! Custom title!
None #0180 (SPAM)

IsabelRinging is on a distinguished road
Midwest seemed a lot less jumpy today, and the picture quality was really nice. Audio was a bit muffled, but I didn't mind much.

That'd be my vote for best overall.
  • 2003 Robot Rodeo champions (Thanks to 108 and 186)
"In addition to the cut of your gib, I likes the sound of your town."
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 03-29-2003, 08:09 PM
Joe Ross's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #0330 (Beachbots)

Rookie Year: 1997
Joe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond repute
The San Jose Real feed was quite blocky, although very smooth. Much better then the WMP feed, but definetly not good. There were also some issues with the placement of a mic. You could easily hear it every time a robot went on the ramp, and often it would drown out other sounds, such as the announcer.

I would say that Philly had the best feed, then Broadcast.com's 300k wmp feed for Georgia (I didn't try NASA's feed), then SOAP's midwest feed, followed by the two San Jose feeds.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: