OCCRA
Go to Post Or Dave could be messing with your head. - Daniel_LaFleur [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2003, 07:48 PM
FRC #0047 (Chief Delphi)

CD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond repute
pic: Most Controversial Match

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2003, 07:49 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
NYC FIRST Planning Committee Member
no team (NYC FIRST)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Rich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond reputeRich Wong has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Rich Wong
why?

Please tell us why it is the most controversial match.

Thanks.
Please help feed the hungry.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2003, 07:59 PM
It's hard hat time here in Boston
AKA: DFB
FRC #0125 (NUTRONS)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
Daniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Daniel Brim
Ok, here goes

It was the most contreversial match because:

Clark (696) was all the way on the ramp, We (294) would have been on the ramp, but the ramp was moved out of place and was touching our robot. 60 was clearly on because the clips were on the ramp.

From this, several questions arise:

In the rules it says breaking the ramp is illegal and results in disqualification. The only parts that could have broken the ramp was our arm, which snapped, but we kept it up, or 60's ramp clips, which could be in itself illegal because the rules also state that you cannot grap onto the ramp for position.

So from this reasoning:

The alliance with 60 might have been DQ'd for moving the grating, making the losing alliance the winners.

I am not bitter :-) In fact, I felt that the other alliance had a well played win :-) Just my thoughts.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2003, 08:00 PM
#0060 (Bionic Bulldogs)

Shawn60 will become famous soon enough
We took film of the match. I will see what I can dig up and post some pics of the end.

Shawn
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2003, 08:01 PM
FRC #0125 (NUTRONS)

Daniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel Brim has a reputation beyond repute
I would like that as well :-)

Nice victory and thank you :-)
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2003, 08:02 PM
Political Junkie
AKA: Kerry Girl
#0691 (Hart Burn)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2001
Kristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
I was at LA and while I thought this was a really exciting match, I don't think it was the most controversial. The reason why it might be dubbed this though was because it was the last final match and the blue alliance had one robot up there (60) and the red alliance had two up there (294 & 696). This would have been enough for red to win because they would have gotten 50 poitns and blue would have gotten nothing since 60's robot was still clinched down to the mesh part of the ramp. However the mesh of the ramp got moved slightly up from wear and tear and there was a little part of the ramp touching one of the red robot's wheels. Since both of the red robots were touching each other and one was touching the ramp, neither were counted so it just came down to boxes in the end. The reason why I say it isn't that controversial is because even if red got 50 points they still needed more to surpass blue's first match win. It was still a great match nonetheless and kept us all in suspense as they tallied it all up.

edit: Ah, from Daniel's response posted at the same time as I was writing mine I can see why it would be controversial. Great attitude though, guess that's how you guys won the sportsmanship award.

AIM: Doanie8

Last edited by Kristina : 04-06-2003 at 08:04 PM.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2003, 08:23 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Engineering Mentor
FRC #0254

Rookie Year: 1998
Travis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Travis Covington
I really don’t think this was the most controversial match either.

Even if both our alliances robots were on the ramp, it wouldn’t have secured our total QP win because team 60 was not on the ramp, thus giving us minimal points for the 2x loser score bonus points.

The first match however was a lot closer, the 696 robot was not on the ramp, literally <1mm from being on the ramp. The first match score was 51 to 57 with the one robot being 1mm off the ramp.

I have to say that team 60 is extremely fast and definitely deserved this win. As always team 60 had a great,efficient, winning design.

Thanks to teams 696 and 294 for a great alliance!

2008-2013 - Mentor/Engineer of Team 254
2001-2008 - Mentor/Advisor/"Engineer" of Team 968
1998-2001 - Mechanical Director/Driver/Member of Team 115

Last edited by Travis Covington : 04-06-2003 at 08:26 PM.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2003, 08:25 PM
FRC #0125 (NUTRONS)

lol like I said in another thread. we lost by || this much.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2003, 08:28 PM
#0016 (Bomb Squad)

Gope is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by DanielBCR
60's ramp clips, which could be in itself illegal because the rules also state that you cannot grap onto the ramp for position.
Nope, rules no longer say that, in an update(i don't remember which), that rule was changed to say that you can interact with the mesh but are only allowed to protrude 1/8 inch below it.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2003, 08:30 PM
FRC #0125 (NUTRONS)

Ok, did not see that, sorry 60 :-)
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2003, 08:49 PM
Political Junkie
AKA: Kerry Girl
#0691 (Hart Burn)
Team Role: Alumni

Kristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud ofKristina has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Kristina
Quote:
lol like I said in another thread. we lost by || this much.
Same exact thing happened for us. Our partner was on the ramp by that much too and had they not been, the match woulda been ours <sigh> and it could have been us against your alliance. Oh well, it was still a great comp!!!

AIM: Doanie8
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2003, 08:56 PM
FTC #6565 (The Stuffed Dragons)

Rob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to beholdRob Colatutto is a splendid one to behold
in one match, we somehow managed to snag that 1 inch metal strip on the bottom of the ramps, broke it, and pulled a good 2 feet of it up. they took time out to repair the field after that, but no penalties or dq's were given to us
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2003, 08:57 PM
Dancing through life...
FRC #0488 (Xbot)

Rookie Year: 1999
Madison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Madison
Quote:
Originally posted by Gope
Nope, rules no longer say that, in an update(i don't remember which), that rule was changed to say that you can interact with the mesh but are only allowed to protrude 1/8 inch below it.
Show me, please.

...down at the Ozdust!

Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time. And for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2003, 09:33 PM
BSEE, MSEE, JD in progress
AKA: employed
no team

Rookie Year: 2000
Stephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Stephen Kowski Send a message via Skype™ to Stephen Kowski
Quote:

In the rules it says breaking the ramp is illegal and results in disqualification. The only parts that could have broken the ramp was our arm, which snapped, but we kept it up, or 60's ramp clips, which could be in itself illegal because the rules also state that you cannot grap onto the ramp for position.

So from this reasoning:

The alliance with 60 might have been DQ'd for moving the grating, making the losing alliance the winners.
were they actually grabbing (meaning encircling or going through the ramp), or were they just bracing themselves on top of it?
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Engineering Mentor
FRC #0254

Rookie Year: 1998
Travis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Travis Covington
60 was simply placing their arms feet inside the first of the 2 wires on the grating. It only protruded enough to grab the the upper horizontal wire and did not protrude past the bottom one.

Nothing was against the rules, and the ruling was fair.

Please leave it at that. They deserved the win.

Thanks you guys for a great competition.

2008-2013 - Mentor/Engineer of Team 254
2001-2008 - Mentor/Advisor/"Engineer" of Team 968
1998-2001 - Mechanical Director/Driver/Member of Team 115

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: