OCCRA
Go to Post The pen [may be] mightier than the sword, but the bandsaw can chop them both. - Marc P. [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Thanks and/or Congrats
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2003, 06:52 PM
no team

Dima is just really niceDima is just really niceDima is just really niceDima is just really niceDima is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Dima
Woodie Flowers Award

ANDY BAKER!!!

all i can say
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2003, 06:52 PM
FRC #0093 (N.E.W. Apple Corps)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Joe Lambie is a name known to allJoe Lambie is a name known to allJoe Lambie is a name known to allJoe Lambie is a name known to allJoe Lambie is a name known to allJoe Lambie is a name known to all
Congrats Andy Baker!!!

Just wanted to send out congratulations to Andy Baker on winning the Woodie Flowers Award!!! You deserve it man!!!!
"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct; will pursue his principles onto death."

"Thats what livin' is! The six inches, in front of your face!....."

Joe Lambie
Student Alumni (1999-2002) and Current Mentor - N.A.C. Team 93, Appleton, WI
Michigan Technological University Mechanical Engineering '07 and Alumni Mentor (2005-2007) Team 857
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2003, 06:53 PM
Travis Covington's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
Engineering Mentor
FRC #0254
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1998
Travis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Travis Covington
Congrats Andy Baker, My hero!!!

I just wanted to congratulate my engineering idol, Andy Baker, for receiving the Woodie Flowers award!!!

He has made such a huge impact in FIRST and deserved this award more than anyone!!

Congrats!!!

2008-2015 - Engineering Mentor of Team 254
2001-2008 - Engineering Mentor of Team 968
1998-2001 - Mechanical Director/Driver/Member of Team 115
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2003, 06:53 PM
PI loves you!
#0639 (Code Red)
Team Role: Human Player

kristen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to kristen
Haha wow, this is quick.

Anyways, congratulations
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2003, 06:54 PM
Amanda Morrison's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
the stars at night are big & bright
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)
Team Role: Marketing

Rookie Year: 2002
Amanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond reputeAmanda Morrison has a reputation beyond repute
Andy Baker Wins the Woodie Flowers Award!

I think if any of you in the FIRST community have ever met Andy Baker, you'd know that he is one of the most giving, inspiring, and wonderful individuals involved with FIRST. He deserved this award very much, and I know as a mentor I'm proud to say that I know him. Andy has helped countless teams, especially ones in Indiana. Because of his help and collaboration with other teams, we have events like the IRI, the Kokomo Kickoff, the Indiana workshop every year, etc. He truly exemplifies the meanings of FIRST and we are surely lucky to have him in the program.

Congratulations to Andy Baker!

Last edited by Amanda Morrison : 04-12-2003 at 07:28 PM.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2003, 07:37 PM
FRC #0093 (N.E.W. Apple Corps)

Dbell5555 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dbell5555
Thumbs up Congradulations Andy!!

What better man than Andy to win this awesome award! I had the pleasure of meeting and conversing with Andy several times and I full heartedly agree with FIRST's decision. Andy is one of the BEST mentors in FIRST and he truly deserved this recognition.

Congrats Andy!!

David Belling
Team 93 Veteran
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2003, 07:47 PM
Door Opener Mint Mentor
AKA: Cheryl Miller
#0294 (Beach Cities Robotics)

Rookie Year: 2003
Redhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of light
Our team was watching together at our "Future Academy", the tech center at our school. When Andy's name was announced I happily said, "I know him!" *chuckle* I know him from Delphi. So glad to hear a familiar name. We have a student who's posting on Delphi, and another lurker student who said she LOVES these forums. Wonderful way to become familiar with names across the nation.

Congrats from our team to you Andy.
motto: Two Rival Schools, One Team...ride the Tide.
2004 So Cal Chairman's Award, Phoenix Regional DaimlerChrysler Team Spirit Award
2003 So Cal Regional Finalist and Sportsmanship Award, Phoenix Regional Engineering Inspiration Award
2001 So Cal Regional and National Champions, Regional Image Award
Gracious Professionalism Poster
Mint: To invent; to forge; to fabricate; to fashion. Mentor: a wise and trusted guide and advisor.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2003, 08:02 PM
DC Robotics
FRC #2914 (Tiger Pride)

Rookie Year: 1999
Wetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond reputeWetzel has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Wetzel
Wooooo!
Hurray for Baker!

Wetzel
~~~~~~~~
I shall meet him one of these days.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2003, 09:52 PM
FIRST's Spare, Queuer & Tech guy =)
AKA: Mike M. / Mouse =)
no team (FRC Volunteer)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2001
mtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant futuremtaman02 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to mtaman02 Send a message via Yahoo to mtaman02
Wink

You the man Andy. Congrads you earn and deserve it.
FRC: NYC Remote Kickoff '04 & NYC Regionals '04-'07 ,'10-'13 & NJ Regionals '06-'10, Finger Lakes Regional '09 & SBPLI Regional '08-'13 and the World Championship in '05 (Galileo Field) '07 (Newton Field) '09 (Practice Fields Attendant / FTA(A)), CeBIT Convention in '04 & NextFEST in '06 both held @ the Javitts Center, Monty Madness '07-'10, Panda-monium '08, B.Eruption '08 & '09, Ramp Riot '08, PARC '09 & '10, BR^2 '09 & Wol. Inv. '09 -'12
2013 FIRST Robotics Off Season Events that I hope to volunteer at:
Where is Wolcott Invitational
2013 FIRST Robotics Events that I will be volunteering at:
SBPLI Reg.
Volunteer Resume:
Alt & Lead Team Queuer, Field Repair/Reset, Field Setup/Breakdown, Spare Parts Attendant, Field Power Controller/Score Keeper, Co-Emcee & Official Scorer, Control System Advisor, FIRST Tech Advisor Assistant & recently Practice Field Attendant.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Build, Break, Repeat
AKA: Brandon Mensing
FRC #0246 (Overclocked)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2001
generalbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to generalbrando
Congrats from Team 1020!

Andy,

I wasn't the least bit surprised to see you get the Woodie Flowers Award. On behalf a team #1020, the Indiana Prank Monkeys, I would like to congratulate you. Your help in St. Louis and your tireless dedication to the spirit, purpose and joy of F.I.R.S.T. is worth so much more to us than the cool twisted metal.
Lead Mentor of Team #246, Boston University Academy and Boston University, Overclocked
www.burobotics.org

#11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2003, 10:21 PM
no team

Matt Lundberg will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Matt Lundberg
Congrats Andy! Glad to see you finally got it.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2003, 10:41 PM
AKA: Matt
None #0703 (Team Pheonix)

MattB703 has much to be proud ofMattB703 has much to be proud ofMattB703 has much to be proud ofMattB703 has much to be proud ofMattB703 has much to be proud ofMattB703 has much to be proud ofMattB703 has much to be proud ofMattB703 has much to be proud ofMattB703 has much to be proud ofMattB703 has much to be proud of
Andy

I can't think of anyone more deserving.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2003, 10:42 PM
We Build Robots......and Careers
AKA: Warthog
FRC #1501 (Team T.H.R.U.S.T.)

Rookie Year: 2000
Wayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond reputeWayne Doenges has a reputation beyond repute
Andy

You rule!!!!!!

Way to go.

Wayne Doenges
2014 STL Regional, #1 seed, Winners with FRC Team 3284 and FRC Team 4500, Also won the Quality Award
2014 GPR #31 seed, Finalist with FRC Team 2641 and FRC Team 4150. Thanks. Also won Quality Award.
2012 BMR #7th seed, Winners Thanks to FRC Team 1756 and FRC Team 4028, UL Safety Award and GM Industrial Design Award

#14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2003, 11:15 PM
Ricky Q.'s Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
yee haw!
FRC #0148 (Robowranglers)

Rookie Year: 2002
Ricky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond reputeRicky Q. has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ricky Q.
Go Baker! /me hails Andy Congrats! No one better to win than you!
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-12-2003, 11:34 PM
Z = Z^2 + C ......WHEEEE!
AKA: aXvXiA
#0461 (West Side Boiler Invasion)
Team Role: College Student

Caleb Fulton has a spectacular aura aboutCaleb Fulton has a spectacular aura aboutCaleb Fulton has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Caleb Fulton
GO ANDY!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: