OCCRA
Go to Post We'll see how this goes... it could be fun. - Andy Baker [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-14-2003, 03:44 PM
AKA: Grant Harding
#0084 (WATTNESS (bot: Chuck))
Team Role: Alumni

evulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to evulish
Hojo Express

Greatest hotel ever. Hehe. For all you teams that got to stay at the non-ghetto Mariotts or whatever...you have no clue what you were missing. Team 84 (me) was there with team 5...and uhh...two other teams that I forget (957 and something?). There was a barbecue proceeded by fully-clothed swimming (started by a friend of mine and myself) then ultimate frisbee (which was broken up by police). There were places in that part of town we weren't allowed to go...like the 420 Smoke Shop...and a weird grocery store. In my room, the door didn't quite close right...the toilet started working 2 days after we got there, the water was yellow/orange. There was also a building with a pentagram and '666' spray painted on. It might have been a devil sign...or maybe it was just part of the phone number

Good times...good times.
I'm a professional web developer. I'm good with PHP, Perl, Java/JSP, some RoR, XML, Javascript (AJAX as well), (x)HTML, CSS, etc.. Validated code is good; fully cross-browser code is better (you comply to your users and the software they use, not the other way around. Sorry!)
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-15-2003, 08:24 PM
#0084 (WATTNESS)

Wolves4362 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Wolves4362
It was an upside down pentagram. That is a devil sign. Right side up isn's.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-15-2003, 08:47 PM
AKA: Grant Harding
#0084 (WATTNESS (bot: Chuck))

evulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to evulish
Well, I mean the '666'. Since the phone number for the hotel was 1-xxx-666-xxxx. Hehe.
I'm a professional web developer. I'm good with PHP, Perl, Java/JSP, some RoR, XML, Javascript (AJAX as well), (x)HTML, CSS, etc.. Validated code is good; fully cross-browser code is better (you comply to your users and the software they use, not the other way around. Sorry!)
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-15-2003, 10:22 PM
Blonde *and* Polish? oi!
AKA: Kristina
#0025 (Raider Robotix)
Team Role: Mentor

Kiwi_queen is a jewel in the roughKiwi_queen is a jewel in the roughKiwi_queen is a jewel in the roughKiwi_queen is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Kiwi_queen Send a message via Yahoo to Kiwi_queen
Quote:
Originally posted by evulish
Well, I mean the '666'. Since the phone number for the hotel was 1-xxx-666-xxxx. Hehe.
hah! my number has 666 in it too... my friends make fun of me for it 'cuz I'm christian...they think it's hilarious.

You had me at "Hello World"
DOX
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-16-2003, 10:13 AM
Now at sub 14's in a 5000lb vehicle
AKA: Maher Attallah
FRC #0005 (Robocards)

Rookie Year: 2000
Matt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Matt Attallah Send a message via MSN to Matt Attallah Send a message via Yahoo to Matt Attallah
Heck yea that was awsome!

5, 84, 181, 503, and 957!!

That was fun at the team party! (our own!) Our toilet worked w/o any problem, but our door was a little warped and we had to slam it to get it to shut. Mad fun!!

All you teams really missed out!

The clothes-on pool was cool. Throwing people in there was great. You other teams really did miss out!

The whole 666 thing was funny. We had a "dirty" night club right next door. Our pool did work fine!! Breakfast wasn't too bad. It was funny when the cops stopped by. As soon as the car drives by, everyone leaves! I got some pitctures of the team party that i wanna upload to CD.com when i get them developed! (when i have my picture w/ Dean Kamen, I have uploaded all the images!)

All-in-all I think that the fun we had at the hotel was better than going into the playoffs!

Thank you all teams that went to the hotel and agreed to the b-b-q that we had on thursday night!!!

Last edited by Matt Attallah : 04-16-2003 at 10:19 AM.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 04-16-2003, 12:01 PM
#0005 (ROBO-CARDS)

Gary Cooper is an unknown quantity at this point
Now you let the secret out of the bag everyone will want to stay at the HOJO. It was fun at our party at the pool. I still say our kids on team 5 are not normal.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-02-2003, 12:15 PM
#0084 (WATTNESS)
Team Role: Scout

SaxMan701 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SaxMan701 Send a message via MSN to SaxMan701 Send a message via Yahoo to SaxMan701
Other post

Heh, didn't see this topic here. I put up a reply about HOJO on another thread...here it is: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...pagenu mber=4

I also have the pic of Satan's barn there.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-02-2003, 10:49 PM
Now at sub 14's in a 5000lb vehicle
AKA: Maher Attallah
FRC #0005 (Robocards)

Rookie Year: 2000
Matt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Attallah has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Matt Attallah Send a message via MSN to Matt Attallah Send a message via Yahoo to Matt Attallah
hahahaha - the barn!! LOL!!!

Good times - good times...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: