OCCRA
Go to Post I'm looking forward to January when things will slow down some! - Foster [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Technical Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-08-2003, 01:27 PM
Dancing through life...
FRC #0488 (Xbot)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1999
Madison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond reputeMadison has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Madison
Gear and Timing Pulley Design Resources

Howdy,

I was wondering if any of the more experienced folks out there knew of a good online resource that explains gear and timing pulley design.

In the past Ed Sparks had a good spreadsheet on his website that detailed the various dimensions of a sprocket. I'm looking for a similar resource for gears and for timing pulleys.

...I've been trying to make a timing pulley in Inventor, working with specifications from F.N. Sheppard, and I can get it close, but it never turns out right. For 1/2" pitch belt and a 2.81" outer diameter, I end up expecting 17.655 pitches -- and the specifications call for 18.

Help!

...down at the Ozdust!

Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time. And for a brief moment, we have been among its many passengers.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-08-2003, 02:36 PM
Alumni of 168
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 1998
Jason Rudolph has much to be proud ofJason Rudolph has much to be proud ofJason Rudolph has much to be proud ofJason Rudolph has much to be proud ofJason Rudolph has much to be proud ofJason Rudolph has much to be proud ofJason Rudolph has much to be proud ofJason Rudolph has much to be proud ofJason Rudolph has much to be proud ofJason Rudolph has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Jason Rudolph Send a message via Skype™ to Jason Rudolph
http://www.wmberg.com/tools/

this site has TONS of information, and a few good tools on the above page. The convert program I use all the time (the General Unit Conversion Utility)
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 05-08-2003, 08:01 PM
Go Badgers!
Team Role: Alumni

Jnadke is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Jnadke Send a message via AIM to Jnadke Send a message via Yahoo to Jnadke
If you check out my other thread, you'll see that Boston Gear has a very comprehensive guide on gear design.

http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...threadid=20603

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: