OCCRA
Go to Post The Championship, The Championship Event, The World Championship, The international Championship, Internationals, Champs, Nationals, Nat's, ATL... I just call it the best time of my life. - Kyle [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Rules/Strategy > Scouting
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-19-2001, 08:56 PM
AKA: Angela (Hall) Leese
FRC #3455 (Carpe Robotum)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1998
A. Leese has a spectacular aura aboutA. Leese has a spectacular aura about
Scouting/Scoring System for Palm M3

I'm not sure if this is in the correct category or not..but here goes:

I have a Palm M3. Last year someone..I can't remember who..had either a scoring or a scouting system that could run off of my Palm. They were going to HotSync me the program at nats. I was just wondering who that was and if anyone knows of a program or how to make a program that I could use on my Palm.

~Angela who's too lazy to back up and bring her laptop with her to nats..the Palm is just so much more compact
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-19-2001, 09:16 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC Key Volunteer Trainer
AKA: CrazyNate
no team

Nate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Nate Smith Send a message via Yahoo to Nate Smith
That was me...

Once I find the files, I'll zip them up and send them your way...I've got both the GMCIA Palm scouting system, and my own design of a scoring program...
returning for 2011? only time will tell...
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-20-2001, 12:31 PM

Thanks, Nate. I told my team about it and one of our adults has a Palm as well. Mind if I shared them with him, also?

~Angela
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-21-2001, 12:14 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
no team

Nate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to behold
Go right ahead...
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-21-2001, 12:21 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
no team

Here's part of it...

Here's the scouting stuff...this was actually developed by team 65 using ThinkDB for GMCIA use...as for the scoring calculator, it appears that I no longer have the file, and the team site that I was using to hold the other stuff moved servers, and I didn't have a chance to back up what I had there...which means I lost a few things, kickoff pictures, scoring database, etc. Anyway, if there's anyone out there who has a copy of that scoring thing I set up, if you could attach it to a reply, that would be great! Thanks...
Attached Files
File Type: zip scouting.zip (147.5 KB, 107 views)
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-02-2001, 11:02 AM
Nice Guy
no team

Tom Fairchild will become famous soon enoughTom Fairchild will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Tom Fairchild
Using Palms for Scouting

I was in charge of scouting for Team 122 this past year (along with being main driver, *whew*!) and was lucky enough to get some absolutely great software to use from NASA. We used PenDragon Forms with great success. It creates a survey of different questions to ask and then during a normal hot sync, it sends all of the data to a Microsoft Access database. From there, you can do whatever you want with it. Setting the whole thing up takes very little time and my personal fav about it is the fact that it requires absolutely no user training. People just have to click "yes" "no" or put in a number, that kind of thing, and then know to put the palm in the cradle and press a button. As for scoring, for the life of me I can't remember the team that made it, but on the field even I used a program that I found here on Chief Delphi's site that was very straight forward and easy to use. Having that during the Div. finals was very useful to get a score before it was put up on the large board. Hope I haven't babbled on too much for ya, ~Tom~
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-02-2001, 12:22 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
no team

Re: Using Palms for Scouting

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Fairchild
As for scoring, for the life of me I can't remember the team that made it, but on the field even I used a program that I found here on Chief Delphi's site that was very straight forward and easy to use.
Tom, if it was in thinkDB on a Palm it was most likely the one that I made. If you've still got a copy of it, could you send it back my way? Thanks...
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-02-2001, 12:36 PM
Nice Guy
no team

Tom Fairchild will become famous soon enoughTom Fairchild will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Would if I could but I can't

Sorry Nate, wish I could help you out. While yes I do have a copy of the software that I used, its on all of the palm pilots (handspring visors, to be exact) back at the school and I won't be able to see them again until next year. Sorry!
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-02-2001, 04:28 PM
no team

Allen Smith is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Allen Smith Send a message via Yahoo to Allen Smith
Palm score keeper

Here is a link to a screen shot and download page of a Palm application I wrote to score the 2001 FIRST game
http://www.gadgeteer.org
This is the first Palm application that I wrote, let me have any feedback good or bad
Allen
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-02-2001, 05:27 PM
Nice Guy
no team

Nate and Alex

Hate to break it to ya Nate, but it turns out Alex's program was the one we used. Don't think of it as a preference, but I happened to see Alex's the day before Richmond's VCU Competition began. As for you Alex, congradulations on a wonderful program. The Galelio champions thank you, for we used your program out on the field while the other alliances were giving it their shot. I found the whole thing to be incredibly easy to use. Once again, thank you.

~Tom~
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-03-2001, 06:58 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Been-In-FIRST-Too-Long
FRC #1438 (The Aztechs)
Team Role: Engineer

Matt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Matt Leese
Re: Nate and Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Fairchild
Hate to break it to ya Nate, but it turns out Alex's program was the one we used. Don't think of it as a preference, but I happened to see Alex's the day before Richmond's VCU Competition began. As for you Alex, congradulations on a wonderful program. The Galelio champions thank you, for we used your program out on the field while the other alliances were giving it their shot. I found the whole thing to be incredibly easy to use. Once again, thank you.

~Tom~
Alex? Who's Alex? Do you mean Allen?

Matt who's just rather confused at the moment....
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-03-2001, 09:26 AM
Nice Guy
no team

Lightbulb <---- stupid

Okay, okay, so I build robots, but I'm not too good with names. Sorry for the confusion. Yes, I did mean Allen. Hope that clears it up for ya!

~Tom~
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 07-24-2001, 10:31 PM

Re: Re: Nate and Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Leese

Alex? Who's Alex? Do you mean Allen?

Matt who's just rather confused at the moment....
*points Matt to the confused corner*

~Angela who created the Confused Corner
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: