OCCRA
Go to Post but look at the bright side, you will now be able to size 1/4-20 nuts with your forearm and i doubt there are many people who can say that :p - Greg Needel [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-20-2001, 04:27 PM
A Legacy of Impact
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
David Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to David Kelly Send a message via Yahoo to David Kelly
FIRST themed rooms

Who out there has their bedroom or dorm room dedicated to FIRST? I know I can't be the only one. See the picture for the evidence.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dscf0181.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	23  

2010 Boilermaker Regional

Chairman's Award, Regional Finalist
2010 Kansas City Regional
Entrepreneurship Award

2010 Championships
Autodesk Inventor Award Winner
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-20-2001, 05:07 PM
Forward.
no team

Jessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond reputeJessica Boucher has a reputation beyond repute
lol.....

Does FIRST know youve been yoinking their signage?

BTW, ask Lora about her room
Advisor, NE FIRST
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-20-2001, 05:59 PM
cd addicted ninny
#0419 (rambots)

mike o'leary is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mike o'leary Send a message via AIM to mike o'leary Send a message via Yahoo to mike o'leary
Re: lol.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Jessica Boucher

hmmm
i dont think ive ever heard someone say 'yoink' outside of me and my friends...or add '-age' to the end of a word except for me and my friends and the movie theatre the other day where the directions around the parking lot before the movie used the word signage

***ninny pride***
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-20-2001, 06:28 PM
Christina's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Christina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant futureChristina has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Christina
yoink...

Quote:
Originally posted by mike o'leary

hmmm
i dont think ive ever heard someone say 'yoink' outside of me and my friends...or add '-age' to the end of a word except for me and my friends and the movie theatre the other day where the directions around the parking lot before the movie used the word signage

Well, "yoink" was used in The Simpsons (Marged "yoinked" a washcloth from Homer). Okay, but anywho, those are a lot of signs, I always wondered where they went after competitions, but I wouldn't have ever guessed it was to your bedroom. :-) Didn't anyone ever ask you where you got that from when you were walking around with them?

~Christina šoš

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-20-2001, 06:44 PM
cd addicted ninny
#0419 (rambots)

mike o'leary is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to mike o'leary Send a message via AIM to mike o'leary Send a message via Yahoo to mike o'leary
Quote:
"yoink" was used in The Simpsons
oh yeah...i completely forgot about that...
im pretty sure thats where me and my friends got it in the first place

***ninny pride***
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-20-2001, 07:07 PM
A Legacy of Impact
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)

David Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond reputeDavid Kelly has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to David Kelly Send a message via Yahoo to David Kelly
We've never been caught in action, at least not yet. All of those signs were from '99 and '00 and the cleptos that snached those have since gragiated.

Actually we've been cutting back on the recon missions because it was starting to get out of hand. But it does look great in my room

P.S. The Simpsons is the greatest TV show of ALL TIME!!

2010 Boilermaker Regional

Chairman's Award, Regional Finalist
2010 Kansas City Regional
Entrepreneurship Award

2010 Championships
Autodesk Inventor Award Winner
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-20-2001, 11:38 PM
From the Land of Circular Weather
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 1998
Lora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to allLora Knepper is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Lora Knepper Send a message via MSN to Lora Knepper
Re: lol.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Jessica Boucher

Thanks Jess...and yeah, my room is a FIRST haven...I'll have to take some pics before I need to pack up to move to RIT. One entire wall is 4 years of pins...another, the medals I've picked up...1998 participation and 2001 NE and National Division gold...though, those are somewhat hidden in the corner. Not the most important thing to me.

Another wall is litterally a collage of pictures of my FIRST-a-holic friends right above my computer. Ummm..lesse...my door is a Bobcat Robotics flag with the 2000 and 2001 team pics above it, and the Flashbacks team pic above that. My bookshelf has been covered in FIRST manuals, videos, the ball Tammy gave me from Nats this year, and random engineering textbooks that I don't even begin to understand - but they look cool

Even my computer is covered in a 69 driver sticker and pictures of 69's 1999 bot and the 1999 Bobcat. My bed is half covered in tie dye and surrounded by pictures. I can also go over 2 weeks straight without wearing the same or identical FIRST shirt twice. Not to mention the random robot parts that I've somehow managed to collect over the years. Yeah, I LIVE as a FIRST-a-holic. My mom's just given up at this point

~ lora
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-21-2001, 01:06 AM
Andy Baker's Avatar Woodie Flowers Award
President, AndyMark, Inc.
FRC #3940 (CyberTooth)

Andy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Baker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Andy Baker
Nice Bandanna!

Quote:
Originally posted by David Kelly
Who out there has their bedroom or dorm room dedicated to FIRST? I know I can't be the only one. See the picture for the evidence.
Nice TechnoKats bandanna, David!

Andy B.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-21-2001, 08:36 AM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Been-In-FIRST-Too-Long
FRC #1438 (The Aztechs)

Matt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Leese has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Matt Leese
And I was just happy to have the Judge's Award trophy sitting on my desk for awhile.... (it was before we presented it to the sponsor)

Matt
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-21-2001, 09:09 AM
no team

Tammy is an unknown quantity at this point
FIRST knows now

Well some of us at FIRST now know where our signage has gone too. It's nice to see it being put to good use.
(but you didn't hear me say that) :O)
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-21-2001, 10:45 AM
Software guy
FRC #0111 (Wildstang)

Rookie Year: 1996
Mike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond reputeMike Soukup has a reputation beyond repute
What about cubes?

What about all the engineers' cubes/offices? I've got a 4'x2' printout of this year's playing field and the medals our team received this year. Hopefully I'll get some goodies from other teams next year.

Mike
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-21-2001, 11:26 AM

Karl is on a distinguished road
Signage?

You call that signage? That aint nothing. You just don't know

-Karl, Who was on a team with a guy that made off with an entire division banner.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-21-2001, 01:04 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC Key Volunteer Trainer
AKA: CrazyNate
no team

Nate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to beholdNate Smith is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Nate Smith Send a message via Yahoo to Nate Smith
I'm working on it...

I'm trying to put together everything I've collected over the years to do something like this...I've also started on my car =) Now, if I could just afford to get those custom plates...
returning for 2011? only time will tell...
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-21-2001, 05:34 PM
'The' drive behind the drive
None #0226 (TEC CReW Hammerheads)

Matt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Reiland has a reputation beyond repute
Office Cube

My cube right now is covered with little pictures of robot parts or mechanisms that I got at reigonals and nationals. Each one is a specific element of a robot that was either ingenious or so stupid simple and effective that I needed to have it in front of me to remind me of just what can be done with a plastic crate of parts. People stop by all of the time and actually ask me if students and engineers actually designed and built these things. To people outside of first, this whole concept is pretty amazing, as it should be.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 06-21-2001, 06:52 PM
AKA: Courtney
FRC #0234 (Cyber Blue)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
volleygrrl234 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to volleygrrl234
We have made off with a huge sign from the regional competition in FL this year. It is our biggest to date. But I haven't stolen any.. it was all the other kleptos on our team! We just continue the tradition! Dave-o~ you gave away the secret!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: