OCCRA
Go to Post Donít forget the purpose of Chiefdelphi. It is to keep the community connected and to help each other out. Moderators have been working days and nights to keep this forum going years after years. Letís keep this place professional. - Arefin Bari [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > IT / Communications > 3D Animation and Competition
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

View Poll Results: Rate this model
sucks 3 5.66%
okay 7 13.21%
good 18 33.96%
awesome 25 47.17%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-31-2003, 08:30 PM
FRC #0701 (RoboVikes)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2001
Salik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Salik Syed
Some artwork (3d car: Pagani Zonda)

I have been working on my 3d skills over the summer and to sum them all up I created a 3d car. I wanted something never done before so I chose my fav. car the Pagani Zonda C12-S 7.3

This car has taken me over 2 weeks to almost complete ... i still don't call it done!

neways pls comment:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	paganinice.jpg
Views:	730
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	1511  
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-31-2003, 08:35 PM
IGAB, ADHD, and Dislexic
AKA: Ty
FRC #0179 (SwampThing)
Team Role: Tactician

Tytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Tytus Gerrish
WOWH!

Ive just been drawing my gears and stuff.
THATS realy Good!
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 08-31-2003, 11:27 PM
#0079 (Navigators)

P1NKfreak13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to P1NKfreak13
OmG! I absolutely love that! It's like amazingly awesome you can do something like that. WoW...I don't even know what to say. I wish I could do that. I mean like I don't have much experience / expertise in computer graphics, but I think your car looks SOO real! (I love it!)

aim sn: P1NKfreak13
P1NKd1n0saurs12 or 13
e-mail: imsokrinkalicious79@yahoo.com
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-01-2003, 08:35 AM
Volunteer for hire
no team

Aaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to beholdAaron Lussier is a splendid one to behold
Overall the car looks extremely good, you are an extremely good animator to draw such a thing. The lines onthe car are excellent, I know its not done but I have one tiny problem with it. The windshield, it appears to have some sort of a bump right in the middle of it. The bump throws off the smoothness from the front of the car. You asked for comment and I gave you what I though. Excellent Job
Field Reset Extraordinaire
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-01-2003, 07:44 PM
FRC #0701 (RoboVikes)

Salik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud ofSalik Syed has much to be proud of
Thank You, I prefer constructive comments, although the fanboy comments do help my ego (after it's destroyed on cgtalk!! )

Yeah I know about the bump it annoys me alot but I still haven't fixed probably because I did ten edit meshs after the spline cage and all that work will be lost if I edit it ... I could use edit mesh but then the reflections are messed up by even a tiny mistake.

I will most likely scrap this model and use the spline cage to create a new and improved roadster version

or maybe give this one out for free (only to look at) u never know!

This thing takes 6-7 minutes to render ! w/ no other objects, The roadster will be more efficient and more neat , i think this one is really sloppy
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-01-2003, 09:22 PM
IGAB, ADHD, and Dislexic
AKA: Ty
FRC #0179 (SwampThing)
Team Role: Tactician

Tytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Tytus Gerrish
Quote:
Originally posted by P1NKfreak13
OmG! I absolutely love that! It's like amazingly awesome you can do something like that. WoW...I don't even know what to say. I wish I could do that. I mean like I don't have much experience / expertise in computer graphics, but I think your car looks SOO real! (I love it!)
Steph, Did you get into the pixy stix again?
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-01-2003, 09:31 PM
#YoDawgSafetyFirst
FRC #4329 (Lutheran Roboteers)
Team Role: Coach

Ryan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond reputeRyan Dognaux has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Ryan Dognaux
WoW! That's amazing. Great job!! What program did you use to create that??

Keep up the amazingly great work
Team 4329 Mentor: Current
STL Off-Season Event: www.gatewayroboticschallenge.com
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-02-2003, 11:11 PM
FRC #0701 (RoboVikes)

i use 3ds max

i like pixie stix too, but too many....

here is a starting composite, it is with out global illumination (through High density radiance image most likely I will do it ) because it takes sooooo long... 300k polys u know.

I know the environment map doesn't match so It kinda doesn't fit but anyways see my work so far:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	paganicomposite.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1513  
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 09-02-2003, 11:15 PM
FRC #0701 (RoboVikes)

My goal is to fool the people on the Pagani Forum in to thinking this is real! (not the image above but eventually) or maybe try to sell it on ebay .... just kidding (about the ebay part)

lets see if it works Hope fully with refinments to the side mirrors to authenticate it to the real versions I can fool some people it's photo real?
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-26-2003, 09:59 PM
Blonde *and* Polish? oi!
AKA: Kristina
#0025 (Raider Robotix)
Team Role: Mentor

Kiwi_queen is a jewel in the roughKiwi_queen is a jewel in the roughKiwi_queen is a jewel in the roughKiwi_queen is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Kiwi_queen Send a message via Yahoo to Kiwi_queen
All I can say is WOW. That's a pretty darned good job on that car. You did a marvelous job.

You had me at "Hello World"
DOX
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-26-2003, 11:31 PM
FRC #0701 (RoboVikes)

alright thanx.... btw i changed my screenname cuz that one wuz 2 hard 2 type.....
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-30-2003, 07:47 PM
#0461 (West Side Boiler Invasion)

ANDIE111001101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ANDIE111001101
WOW thats AWSOME I'v seen some awfull real animations but this one definatly beats it!!! Way to go!!! I realy like the reflection onf the "floor" its so real too when i try and do that it always ends up looking wrong!!! NICE JOB

Wana come do our teams animation???

--Andie

#13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-30-2003, 10:51 PM
AKA: Master of the Sweatshop
FRC #0230 (GaelHawks)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
stevek has a spectacular aura aboutstevek has a spectacular aura aboutstevek has a spectacular aura about
Looks pretty good. You already pointed out some of the weaknesses, so there's no need to reiterate. Every thing you stated was right on the money. The strenths are that you were successful at creating a super detailed model. I know this took some time, keep going!!!

Often wiuth detailed models and even thins that appear simple, you will get partway or even all the way through a modeling process and findout that you went about the thing all wrong. Or you perfect the skills along the way so the first parts of the model are sloppy and the last stuff you did are clean and crisp. The solution, throw is out and start over. You will find that it will go 10 times faster. Things that have taken me a week the first time around, could be redone in a day or two just because you've already perfected the techniques.

You will find that modeling with spines and patching the surfaces will give you more control over the smoothness without all the modifiers that end up taking forever to render. Look in the books for the process of creating spline contours and then patch over it. If you need more help pointing in the right direction let me know I will look it up.

BTW: This is not an animation it is a still- so it is premature to state that the artist formerly know as $_@_1_i_|< is a great ANIMATOR, and it is premature to ask him to do your animation. He is obviously a talented modeler and texturer. I'm sure he's a good animator as well, But there's not enough evidence here to convict him of that. So don't get syced-out by his talent and keep developing all of yours. I look forward to a great your of new improved talent from you all.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-01-2003, 03:31 PM

............... is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ...............
why is it poly?
it should be nurbs (more efficient for this type of modelling)
nice model btw - it would be nice to see an interior though.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-01-2003, 04:07 PM
AKA: Geoff Sensel
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
gsensel will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to gsensel Send a message via Yahoo to gsensel
Also if you want people to think it is real thee is way to much of a glossy shine on it, but nice work.

Andy Baker used me as a positve example at nationals in 2004!!!!!(Now who is the role model DJ????)

I was looking to start a team for my college for next year, but they got hooked up with a local JR High school doing BEST Robotics competition. Has anyone heard of this?
I was previously on the Technokats from 1998- 2002.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: