OCCRA
Go to Post I pumped my fist to cheer - but since I was a ref at the time it looked like I signaled a red foul... - Tom Ore [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-18-2003, 02:38 PM
no team
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2000
Clark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute
Winamp5 Beta

Quote:
The folks at Nullsoft have completed the beta version of their upcoming Winamp 5 media-player. As you might have heard, Winamp 5 combines the capabilities of version 2 and 3. Imagine the slim and fast Winamp 2 with freeform skinning, video-playback and a lot more. The word is, that the final version will be released in early November.

Whats new?

* modern skin updates :

- fixed win98 crash with desktopalpha skins
- fixed pledit jumping on top of main window when docked and interacting with config drawer
- fixed avs hiding main window when docking to editor
- fixed vis gammagroup filtering
- fixed bgr color for pledit scrollbar background in v1.0 skins
- fixed rare crash on skinswitch
- added timers resolution autodetection
- added configuration of text scrolling speed
- added vis_cfg action to toggle vis cfg window via button
- fixed config drawer tabs moving the app when not selected
- added enable docking checkbox and docking distance editobox in prefs
- added tooltip checkbox in prefs
- fixed tooltip stealing focus from popup menus
- added support for noresize flag in embedwnd so that it spawns the right container
- added notransparency flag for embedwnd, made milkdrop use it
- fixed potential aot reset by embedwnd (ie, milkdrop)
- fixed slow text ticker, made it use timerclient_getSkipped to have consistent speed regardless of timer resolution
- added timer resolution in prefs page
- added link ratio & alpha in prefs page
- fixed empty popups in pledit menubar, commandbuttons and ml menubar when no playlist or devices are available
- fixed "mono" display when nothing playing, made songinfo update faster after clicking play
- separated link position & link width for main winshade window, changed default to link all
- removed move="1" for song title display on main window normal and shade modes
- fixed click on beatvis that would sometime fail to toggle active status
- added gammagroup xml param to vis objects
- made switching to windowshade open undocked video & vis when video is playing or vis is visible, docks back when coming back to normal mode

* made library able to update info on files that dont support tag writing when tag writing is checked

* fixed burning bug when using certain .WAV output settings

* enabled burning on multiple devices simultaneously

* made Winamp check to see if AVS or milkdrop is running fullscreen before starting video playback, and remove
fullscreen if necessary

* made AVS and Milkdrop check for video playback before going fullscreen (milkdrop uses fake mode, AVS complains)
(to avoid DirectDraw crash)

However, some features of the new version are limited to Winamp 5 Pro, which requires a registration. These features include:

* Rip your CDs into the popular MP3 format
* Rip your CDs at the maximum speed your computer is capable
* Burn your compilation CDs at your CD burner's maximum speed
* Have access to the latest Winamp 5 Pro features

Download Winamp5 Beta
Deviantart News
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought it would be good to post this since iTunes just came out for Windows.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-18-2003, 02:51 PM
Build, Break, Repeat
AKA: Brandon Mensing
FRC #0246 (Overclocked)
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2001
generalbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to generalbrando
The battle is on. I like them both and can't decide which one I should stick with. All I know is that I'm sick of Windows Media Player.
Lead Mentor of Team #246, Boston University Academy and Boston University, Overclocked
www.burobotics.org

#3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-26-2003, 10:08 PM
Not Stupid, Just Crazy
#0476 (Adidar)
Team Role: Student

Victim of Fate is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to Victim of Fate
It really whips the lamas...

power to winamp
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-26-2003, 10:12 PM
Reject False Icons
no team

Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute
iTunes represent. I don't care if it takes up more RAM, but man, that's an AWSOME applacation. iTunes is the most amazing music software out there, easy to use and very well done.

But I might try out WinAmp 5 for laughs & giggles, but why should I download something that limmits my ripping, burning, and other features untill I buy the full thing if I can have it all for free?
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-26-2003, 10:28 PM
College? What?
no team (Gompei and the Herd)

Rookie Year: 2002
Ian W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to allIan W. is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Ian W.
Beep-Media-Player!

Oh, wait, that's only for nerds...

Yay for finally having a good GTK+2 media player, even if it's still in like, alpha stage now .
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 10-27-2003, 09:12 PM
#1067 (SLUH)

Frank(Aflak) is on a distinguished road
I dunno, the one click playlist of mp3's to Audio CD in iTunes is just toooooo nice.
"Relationships are alot like those little packages of condiments you get at fast food resturants -- they're these little magical things that can last forever on a shelf, but once you open them up, they go bad really fast. I just don't understand condiments."

-- Jim, from "Lily & Jim" by Don Hertzfeldt
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-15-2003, 11:47 PM
Build, Break, Repeat
FRC #0246 (Overclocked)

generalbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to beholdgeneralbrando is a splendid one to behold
Re: Winamp5 Beta

I downloaded a "final release" of Winamp 5 today. I can't find anything on Winamp's site about winamp 5, so I'm not sure how true that is. Anyone know why they aren't talking about Winamp 5 on their site?
Lead Mentor of Team #246, Boston University Academy and Boston University, Overclocked
www.burobotics.org

#8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-16-2003, 12:10 AM
no team

Clark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond reputeClark Gilbert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalbrando
I downloaded a "final release" of Winamp 5 today. I can't find anything on Winamp's site about winamp 5, so I'm not sure how true that is. Anyone know why they aren't talking about Winamp 5 on their site?
I couldn't find anything on the main site for Winamp5. Maybe it's because they like their layout with Winamp 2 and 3.

There are some things about it in their forums though.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-16-2003, 10:53 AM
AKA: Grant Harding
#0084 (WATTNESS (bot: Chuck))

evulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really niceevulish is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to evulish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian W.
Beep-Media-Player!

Oh, wait, that's only for nerds...

Yay for finally having a good GTK+2 media player, even if it's still in like, alpha stage now .

I couldn't get the latest CVS build working.. The EQ was all messed up. But hey, XMMS will be going GTK2 on version 2.
I'm a professional web developer. I'm good with PHP, Perl, Java/JSP, some RoR, XML, Javascript (AJAX as well), (x)HTML, CSS, etc.. Validated code is good; fully cross-browser code is better (you comply to your users and the software they use, not the other way around. Sorry!)
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-16-2003, 11:53 AM
Build, Break, Repeat
FRC #0246 (Overclocked)

www.winamp.com

Wow, I feel silly now. If you go there the first thing you'll notice is a huge thing for Winamp 5! LOL. I guess the releases we've seen so far were hush hush beta tests.
www.burobotics.org

#11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-16-2003, 12:38 PM
Brandon Martus's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
busy.
AKA: B. Slash Kamen
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
Brandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Martus Send a message via AIM to Brandon Martus Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon Martus Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon Martus

If you go to just http://winamp.com however, you still see the winamp 3 stuff (or at least you did a little while ago) the 'www' makes a difference in this case.
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-16-2003, 05:12 PM
Crusty Mentor
FRC #0097
Team Role: Mentor

DanL is just really niceDanL is just really niceDanL is just really niceDanL is just really niceDanL is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to DanL

Seems Slashdot gave a favorable review of it.

Personally I've been sticking to Winamp 2 because it's fast, lite, and small. Crazy skins with alpha-shading are cool and all that, but annoying - all I want is something small to play my MP3s in the background (or rather, at the top of my screen) that doesn't take up 50% of my computer's resources. The 5-second bootup period of Winamp 3 also turned me off. Maybe I'll try this Winamp 5 now...
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-16-2003, 05:56 PM
Ithaca is Gorges
AKA: John Wayne
FRC #0639 (Code Red Robotics)

Yan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Yan Wang Send a message via AIM to Yan Wang Send a message via MSN to Yan Wang Send a message via Yahoo to Yan Wang

Great job, winamp people. The features of 2+3 and the lack of bugs is very nicely done. Pro version is great.

However, my system can run iTunes for Windows just fine and I will have to stick with that. Its interface and iTunes music store is just unparalleled.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-16-2003, 06:30 PM
Boom, Shawalala Boom!
#0862 (PCEP Lighting)

Trashed20 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Trashed20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDanman
Seems Slashdot gave a favorable review of it.

Personally I've been sticking to Winamp 2 because it's fast, lite, and small. Crazy skins with alpha-shading are cool and all that, but annoying - all I want is something small to play my MP3s in the background (or rather, at the top of my screen) that doesn't take up 50% of my computer's resources. The 5-second bootup period of Winamp 3 also turned me off. Maybe I'll try this Winamp 5 now...
I was looking at ram used by my winamp while runnign and it was 5 mb. My AIM takes 28. Small enough for me
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-16-2003, 06:48 PM
b(o_o)d
FRC #1525 (Warbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Matt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Adams has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Matt Adams
Thumbs up Re: Winamp5 Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDanman
Absolutely right on, Dan! I'm using 2.81 and it does just what I need.

Represent.

Matt

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: