Go to Post Magic Smoke. One whiff and you never forget. - JohnBoucher [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Electrical
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #16   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-03-2003, 08:54 AM
IGAB, ADHD, and Dislexic
AKA: Ty
FRC #0179 (SwampThing)
Team Role: Tactician

Rookie Year: 2001
Tytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond reputeTytus Gerrish has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Tytus Gerrish
Re: Inertial Navigation System

do you think FIRST would object to a coumpas sensor?
  #17   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-03-2003, 11:15 PM
Programming and Electrical Mentor
AKA: Allen Gregory
FRC #2587 (Afrobots)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
CyberWolf_22 is just really niceCyberWolf_22 is just really niceCyberWolf_22 is just really niceCyberWolf_22 is just really nice

I believe you would have to find it at either Digikey or Future Active and I don't believe they sell them at either location.
  #18   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-03-2003, 11:33 PM
AKA: Nuz

Rookie Year: 2002
Rpifirst is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Rpifirst

I believe that this was used by chiefdelphi this past year is their anyone on the team taht could comment on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWolf_22
I believe you would have to find it at either Digikey or Future Active and I don't believe they sell them at either location.
  #19   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-04-2003, 11:35 AM
updates this status less than FB!
AKA: the one who "will break into your thoughts..."
FRC #0237 (Black Magic)

Rookie Year: 2001
Elgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond reputeElgin Clock has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Elgin Clock

I don't know if this is what you are looking to do, but...
To quote myself from our robot design in 2002....

"The team’s very ambitious electrical team has developed sophisticated controls, wiring, and programming to navigate the machine. The navigational system compliments the robot design very well. Important symbiotic relationships continue to develop between the electrical and mechanical systems as well as between the drivers and driver feedback systems.

The electrical team of students and engineers has created a system that would enable independent control of the machine by a visually impaired driver. Code named I.D.A.N. (Intelligent Detection, Analysis and Navigation), the system allows the robot to provide audio feedback to a laptop computer.

The cornerstone of this system is a tiny magnetic sensor that will read the earth’s magnetic field. The signal it sends out will identify the direction the robot is facing. This information also establishes the robot’s location within the five zones of the playing field. An optical switch receives a signal every time the robot moves over a line of white tape bordering each zone.

The robot has been installed with optical switches on servomotors, which allow it to “scan” for the goals and correct its path automatically. The optical switches respond to the retro-reflective properties of the tape on each goal. A pressure sensor inside the robot arms will determine that the goal is secure. The Sie-H2O-Bot team looks forward to gaining extremely valuable experience with this very sophisticated system as the season progresses.

Our experimental "Blind Drive" system won us the leadership in controls award in NYC as well."

HERE IS THE ORIGINAL POST WITH MORE INFO

If you want any more info, contact me and I will try and get it.

(Oh, and BTW it was all made 100% legal to FIRST rules in 2002)

#20   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-04-2003, 04:27 PM
Umm Errr...
None #1139 (Chamblee Gear Grinders)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
Rickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant futureRickertsen2 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Rickertsen2 Send a message via Yahoo to Rickertsen2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWolf_22
I believe you will find them in both. I don't have a Future catalog handy, but pages 1156 and 1157 of the current Kigi-Key are nothing but digital compass stuff. It is unlikely that digital compasses are a viable option on a FIRST bot. Besides the cost of one with adaqyite resolution being prohibitive, you must remember that magnetrometers + motors(big magnets), and other high current electrical stuff = bs readings.

Last edited by Rickertsen2 : 12-04-2003 at 04:30 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: