OCCRA
Go to Post I hope we as a team can learn the value of doing less but doing it incredibly well. - Rob Stehlik [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > General Forum
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2003, 08:23 PM
This is a line...
AKA: Paul
FRC #0818 (Genesis '02)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2003
IMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to beholdIMDWalrus is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to IMDWalrus
How many high schools are involved in your team?

In this thread, Not2B mentioned that his team is made up of students from four different high schools.

My team is made up of four high schools (Warren Mott, Cousino, Sterling Heights, and MMSTC, aka the Math Science Center), but they're all in the same district (Warren Consolidated).

How common are FIRST teams with multiple high schools involved? When looking at multiple-school teams, how often are the schools involved from different districts?

(Admittedly, this isn't really important...but I'm curious. )
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2003, 08:32 PM
Queen of the Lathe
#0356 (Enigma)
Team Role: Student

kristinL356 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to kristinL356 Send a message via AIM to kristinL356 Send a message via Yahoo to kristinL356
Well my team has students from Parkview, Central, Pulaski Academy, North Little Rock, McClellan, in the past Robinson but not this year. That's 5 high schools from 3 districts plus a private school. We also have 2 colleges involved.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2003, 08:34 PM
is getting lost in her new home
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta), #1504 (alum), #67 (alum)

Beth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond reputeBeth Sweet has a reputation beyond repute
There are technically 3 high schools on our team, but there are really only 2 that participate. THe last one is our "alternative high school" that basically only is used by the pregnant girls and the juvi kids.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2003, 08:36 PM
Circuit Breaker
FRC #0254 (The Cheesy Poofs)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2001
Pat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond reputePat Fairbank has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Pat Fairbank Send a message via Skype™ to Pat Fairbank
We, at 296, are a single-school team, though a small one. I too am curious about multiple-school teams. I would think that it would be very complicated due to transportation issues to have team meetings, build sessions, etc if the team members are scattered all around (but I live in a big city, so what do I know).
Team 296 | Alumnus (2001-2004) | Mentor (2005-2006)

patfairbank.com
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2003, 09:16 PM
AKA: Alum
no team

KevinB will become famous soon enoughKevinB will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KevinB
Our team is just one high school, however we're the only high school in our district (and within a twenty mile radius!).
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2003, 09:21 PM
Ithaca is Gorges
AKA: John Wayne
FRC #0639 (Code Red Robotics)

Yan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud ofYan Wang has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Yan Wang Send a message via AIM to Yan Wang Send a message via MSN to Yan Wang Send a message via Yahoo to Yan Wang
Our team contains members only from our high school. However, there are other high schools nearby (within 20 miles).
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Door Opener Mint Mentor
AKA: Cheryl Miller
#0294 (Beach Cities Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Redhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of light
Re: How many high schools are involved in your team?

Quote:
Originally posted by IMDWalrus
My team is made up of four high schools (Warren Mott, Cousino, Sterling Heights, and MMSTC, aka the Math Science Center), but they're all in the same district (Warren Consolidated).

How common are FIRST teams with multiple high schools involved? When looking at multiple-school teams, how often are the schools involved from different districts?
We have two rival schools from two different school districts on one robotics' team. We had members from Palisades High School in Palos Verdes last year cuz they don't have their own team. We have a few jr hi and elementary kids.

Both districts are very involved.
motto: Two Rival Schools, One Team...ride the Tide.
2004 So Cal Chairman's Award, Phoenix Regional DaimlerChrysler Team Spirit Award
2003 So Cal Regional Finalist and Sportsmanship Award, Phoenix Regional Engineering Inspiration Award
2001 So Cal Regional and National Champions, Regional Image Award
Gracious Professionalism Poster
Mint: To invent; to forge; to fabricate; to fashion. Mentor: a wise and trusted guide and advisor.
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2003, 10:00 PM
&quot;flock their sheep&quot;
AKA: Jeffrey Li
FRC #2505 (The Electric Sheep) & FRC #0188 (Blizzard)
Team Role: Coach

J Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond reputeJ Flex 188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to J Flex 188 Send a message via AIM to J Flex 188
palisades hs? woooow.. my cousin goes there =) thats pretty cool, and 188 is doing an exchange with 22, so we are going to attend the socal regional in 2005 barring any kind of travel restriction or whatever

but back to the topic at hand. it seems to me that the vast vasty majority of Canadian teams are from one school only. from the TDSB alone, (toronto board) we probably have around 40-60 teams (most rookies this year) that function on their own =). which is kind of funny when you think about it, because the average population of a high school here is about the size of a middle school in CA (or so my cousin tells me..hehe) but yeah, as far as i know, there may only be a couple of multi school teams. 188 is all woburn people.. etc etc.

Woburn Robotics, Class of 2005.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2003, 10:07 PM
Door Opener Mint Mentor
AKA: Cheryl Miller
#0294 (Beach Cities Robotics)

Redhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of lightRedhead Jokes is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by J Flex 188
and 188 is doing an exchange with 22, so we are going to attend the socal regional in 2005 barring any kind of travel restriction or whatever
I heard about that! We're considering beginning to do something like that.
motto: Two Rival Schools, One Team...ride the Tide.
2004 So Cal Chairman's Award, Phoenix Regional DaimlerChrysler Team Spirit Award
2003 So Cal Regional Finalist and Sportsmanship Award, Phoenix Regional Engineering Inspiration Award
2001 So Cal Regional and National Champions, Regional Image Award
Gracious Professionalism Poster
Mint: To invent; to forge; to fabricate; to fashion. Mentor: a wise and trusted guide and advisor.
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2003, 10:19 PM
#0084 (WATTNESS)
Team Role: Scout

SaxMan701 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to SaxMan701 Send a message via MSN to SaxMan701 Send a message via Yahoo to SaxMan701
I got all of you beat at 5 schools. Waverly, Athens, Troy, Towanda, and NorthEast Bradford. Yes, they are all different districts. Waverly, Athens, Troy, and NorthEast Bradford are all about 30 minutes from Towanda (that's where most meetings are held).

Oh, and you can also say we cover two counties...and, come to think of it, two states (Waverly is in NY, the rest are in PA).
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-24-2003, 10:27 PM
I like my hammer...
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Melissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond reputeMelissa Nute has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Melissa Nute
1 officially but we have students from 2 other high schools involved on the team
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-25-2003, 10:07 AM
FRC #0365 (MOE)

Carol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond reputeCarol has a reputation beyond repute
Would you believe 14?

MOE has you all beat. It varies, but last year we had 14 different schools represented from 3 different states, including one home-schooled.
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-25-2003, 10:31 AM
AKA: Allison Kneisler
FRC #3538 (Avondale RoboJackets)

Allison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond reputeAllison K has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Allison K
226 has two high schools from the same district (robotics is one of the two things they combined on, rivals for everything else).

1313 we technically only have one high school, but we also have homeschoolers. We considered adding another, but they are having issues with teacher strikes and contracts and stuff and working with that district was too much work. We may add more next year.

Allison

Last edited by Allison K : 11-25-2003 at 10:33 AM.
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-25-2003, 11:28 AM
Science Enabler
FRC #0587 (Hedgehogs)

Greg Young has a spectacular aura aboutGreg Young has a spectacular aura about
We have students from two high schools in the same district. The district opened a new high school last year to reduce crowding and the students on the team got split between the two schools. The team meets at the old high school where we already had space. It works well because the schools are only about 5 miles apart.

Last year I had a child in each high school because they left the seniors at the old school. Two marching bands, two choruses, too much! I attended two marching band competitions on one day, one twenty miles west of home, the other thirty miles east. I managed (barely) to see both bands perform. If I had been on two FIRST teams I would have become schizophrenic.
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 11-25-2003, 01:12 PM
thinks Allison Babcock & 1747 ROCK!
AKA: goosefrom71
FRC #1747 (Harrison Boiler Robotics/ Team Hammond)

Rookie Year: 2002
Elyse Holguin has much to be proud ofElyse Holguin has much to be proud ofElyse Holguin has much to be proud ofElyse Holguin has much to be proud ofElyse Holguin has much to be proud ofElyse Holguin has much to be proud ofElyse Holguin has much to be proud ofElyse Holguin has much to be proud ofElyse Holguin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elyse Holguin
team hammond has all four public high schools in hammond (gavit high, hammond high, morton high, and clark high) on it, but we are still pretty small- we only have between 20- 30 people on the team each year.
Rookie All-Star- Boilermaker- 2006
Technokats' Spirit of Indiana Award- IRI- 2006
Congrats to Allison Babcock- WFA St. Louis Regional!!

Former Member of Team Hammond 71: 2002-2004 +2001 CDI
Former Mentor for Team 1747: 2006

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: