OCCRA
Go to Post It doesn't matter if students get inspiration from planning to creating to manufacturing to purchasing to watching to engineers creating the parts etc etc etc. As long as students are getting Inspired, FIRST is doing it's mission. - David Kelly [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > CD Forum Support
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-22-2003, 12:12 PM
Joe Ross's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #0330 (Beachbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1997
Joe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond repute
auto archiving of posts

Now that VB3 is (mostly) out and the new season is about to begin, can we get some type of auto archiving or locking of old posts? That way we don't run into the problems of last year were people bring up old posts, and then people have to point all the rule changes.

See this thread: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21554
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-23-2003, 12:08 AM
FIRST Scouting Network
AKA: Andrew Schenk
FRC #0201 (The FEDS)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
Jack is a jewel in the roughJack is a jewel in the roughJack is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Jack
Re: auto archiving of posts

I would support archiveing each season.

Forums like chit-chat could be left alone, but the Categories FIRST, Technical, and Competition should all be archived.

Move all of the forums (preserveing their structure & posts) into one new forum 2003 Archives or whatever. So now you have one forum 2003 Archives with a bunch of sub-forums.

Yeah.. I think you get the idea.

All about me: http://knehcsa.vze.com
**Check out the New FIRST Scouting Network**
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-23-2003, 08:49 AM
Brandon Martus's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
busy.
AKA: B. Slash Kamen
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
Brandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond reputeBrandon Martus has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brandon Martus Send a message via AIM to Brandon Martus Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon Martus Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon Martus

I will write a script to close old threads tonight or tomorrow. I'm hesitant about creating a whole new forum structure in the archive, though. I think as long as they're closed, it should do the trick.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-23-2003, 10:43 PM
FIRST Scouting Network
AKA: Andrew Schenk
FRC #0201 (The FEDS)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
Jack is a jewel in the roughJack is a jewel in the roughJack is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Jack

i could go with the just locked too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Martus
I will write a script to close old threads tonight or tomorrow.
heh.. You know one's truly dedicated when on christmas morning...

Brandon: Yawn... Oh.. today's Chirstmas...
Mrs. Brandon (heh.. you know what i mean): Oh dear.. look.. Christmas morning.. let's go and see what Santa brought us..
Brandon: eh.. uhh.. mmm.. I dunno.. ahh.. yeah.. remembered.. can't.. gotta go write the script-e-thing for CD..
Two hours later when brandon emerges from his computer..
Brandon: whew.. this is the bestest christmas ever!

lol.. (and brandon.. if i find you online Christmas morning.... you're going to get it ) (uh.. i guess that doesn't look too good for me if I'm online christmas morning either.. (which me being online would be the only way that i'd know if he was online... yeah you get it)))

merry christmas..

All about me: http://knehcsa.vze.com
**Check out the New FIRST Scouting Network**

Last edited by Jack : 12-23-2003 at 10:53 PM.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-01-2004, 02:04 AM
Joe Ross's Avatar Unsung FIRST Hero
FRC #0330 (Beachbots)
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 1997
Joe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Ross has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Martus
I will write a script to close old threads tonight or tomorrow. I'm hesitant about creating a whole new forum structure in the archive, though. I think as long as they're closed, it should do the trick.
I assume this didn't happen, since the battery thread came back from 2001?

And I agree, locking is just fine.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: