Go to Post If anything, I believe Battle Bots is in the best interest of FIRST. Battlebots helps to create an interest in robotics, and FIRST gives us the opportunity to participate in a robotics program. - Adare180 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > IT / Communications > Website Design/Showcase
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-30-2003, 09:16 PM
FIRST Scouting Network
AKA: Andrew Schenk
FRC #0201 (The FEDS)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
Jack is a jewel in the roughJack is a jewel in the roughJack is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Jack
Looking for an easy website for your team?

Attention all teams without websites!!

Looking for an easy way to give your FIRST Robotics (or Lego League) team a website?? Don't know complicated HTML or have the time to develop a custom site?? Annoyed with geocity's advertisements?? Can't afford web hosting??

If you answer "yes" to any of the above questions, then FSN and openFIRST have the soultion for you!!

FSN has teamed up with openFIRST to offer a unique web hosting soultion. Over the past year, openFIRST has developed an easy-to-use web portal software. This software is free to use, yet still requires a web server to be viewed on the net. This is where FSN assists. FSN is providing the server space to host the openFIRST software. All complicated set-up will all ready be compleated, allowing you focus on the main goal of having a simple but useful website for your team.

Some of the features of package include:
Pre-Installed openFIRST software
Use of a custom subdomain (Ex: http://yourteam.openfirst.org OR http://yourteam.firstsn.org)
A number of different styles to choose from (Coming Soon!)
Custom apache configuration allowing http://yourteam.openfirst.org/~USER/ for viewing each uses web workspace
FTP/MySQL access on request (and approval)
Automated upgrades of openFIRST software
Friendly FIRST'ers willing to offer support

The only requirements are:
One website per team
The website MUST use openFIRST primarly for all pages.
You will not use the service for any illegal activities, including but not limited to the distribution of pirated software and the infringing on copyrights of others.
You will not hold FSN or openFIRST, and any members of either group liable for any interruption in service, whether intentional or coincidental.
You will not post material of a slanderous or defamatory nature about individuals, teams, or other entities.
You will abide by the guidelines of Gracious Professionalism.

Any questions? Feel free to contact:
Tim Ginn[openFIRST] - tim@openfirst.org
Andrew Schenk[FSN] - webmaster@feds201.com

Ready to sign up?? Just fill out This Form and your account will be set up shortly.

Looking for more information? Check out:
http://www.openfirst.org or http://www.firstsn.org

Thank you & We hope to see your application soon!

openFIRST and The FIRST Scouting Network

All about me: http://knehcsa.vze.com
**Check out the New FIRST Scouting Network**

Last edited by Jack : 12-30-2003 at 09:20 PM.
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-30-2003, 10:24 PM
Class of OT9
FRC #0771 (S.W.A.T. (St. Mildred's Women Advancing Technology))
Team Role: Mentor

shyra1353 has a reputation beyond reputeshyra1353 has a reputation beyond reputeshyra1353 has a reputation beyond reputeshyra1353 has a reputation beyond reputeshyra1353 has a reputation beyond reputeshyra1353 has a reputation beyond reputeshyra1353 has a reputation beyond reputeshyra1353 has a reputation beyond reputeshyra1353 has a reputation beyond reputeshyra1353 has a reputation beyond reputeshyra1353 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to shyra1353
Re: Looking for an easy website for your team?

thank you so much for doing this .. i am so grateful to you for it and i have just sent in the application ...

however i do have a question .. lets say now i send in the application but later on down the road ( whether it is next march or sometime in 2007 ) we buy our own domain name, do we have to close down this site or are we allowed to keep it running ?? also are there any limits to what can be on the site size wise ??

2006: 771 - SWAT - mentor
2007: 912 - Iron Lyons - mentor
if you're going around in circles...then maybe you're cutting corners
aim for the moon and if you miss at least you will land amongst the starts

Email: underscore.asdf@gmail.com
My Website!!
Shirts available for trade: 2005 SWAT 771, 2004 Team 1353, 2003 FIRST Canadian Regional, and 2005 Greater Toronto Regional.
I am also interested in operator/safety captain badges, pins, or any other handouts your team may have given out that you would be willing to mail to Canada.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 12-30-2003, 10:32 PM
FIRST Scouting Network
AKA: Andrew Schenk
FRC #0201 (The FEDS)
Team Role: Alumni

Jack is a jewel in the roughJack is a jewel in the roughJack is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Jack
Re: Looking for an easy website for your team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyra1353
lets say now i send in the application but later on down the road ( whether it is next march or sometime in 2007 ) we buy our own domain name, do we have to close down this site or are we allowed to keep it running ?? also are there any limits to what can be on the site size wise ??
As for a domain name, if you buy your own domain name, all you will need to do is contact myself with the name, and i'll tell you how to set it up to work. If you also decided to get seperate hosting for your team, you could get all the files and the SQL data so you could transfer the site to your own host.

Lastly, there are no real restrictions in terms of a file size limit. However, I ask that you do not use the site for mear large file storage. If I notice that some site has what appears to be an extra large ammount of files, it will be looked into. Overall, you should be ok

Hope that helps

All about me: http://knehcsa.vze.com
**Check out the New FIRST Scouting Network**
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: