OCCRA
Go to Post Taking the time to do it right the first time is faster than rushing through it a third time. - EricVanWyk [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > ChiefDelphi.com Website > Extra Discussion
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2004, 01:51 PM
FRC #0047 (Chief Delphi)

CD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond repute
pic: 2004 FRC Field

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2004, 01:54 PM
#0624 (CRyptonite)
Team Role: College Student

Koci is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: pic: 2004 FRC Field

Looks great, but I believe the balls on the tees are set farther back. They shouldn't be parallel with the frame that surrounds them. Do you have the actual 3D modelling available, rather than just a snapshot? I would love to see it if you have it.
2003 Delphi's Driving Tomorrow's Technology Award at Lone Star Regional
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-16-2004, 03:00 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Robot Lifeguard
FRC #1902 (Exploding Bacon)

Rookie Year: 2002
miketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond reputemiketwalker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to miketwalker

Looks awesome. It looks really good. But, I know you want some constructive criticism.. so here you go....

For the balls, I'd recommend that you add a slight bump map though, to give it that slight texture effect the real balls have, right now they look too rounded. Maybe just a slight noise texture in the bump would help, I'd say experiment around and it'll make them not look so "perfect" cause the real balls aren't. I'd also recommend that u make a simple texture in photoshop or something so u have the point values on the balls like the real things do.

For the bars on the field, you may want to make them "shinier" in the final animation, maybe try raytrace... it makes things look VERY nice, but... it takes VERY long to render.

For the platforms, I'm not 100%... but I think that they are the same material we used last year for the top of the ramp (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) so you might want to make them a little bit shiny and/or reflective.

For the driver stations, movable goals, sides of platform, and whatever else uses diamond plate... I think you can make a simple bump map in photoshop to simulate the diamond plate, then make your metal shiny in 3dsmax, making it look like diamond plate.

For the carpet, I'd say add a slight bump with noise texture... to give it that carpet look, and to just not make it so flat.

It looks really awesome!!! Keep up the great work!!

Co-owner of Stream Monkey
Member of Robot in 3 Days

Last edited by miketwalker : 01-16-2004 at 03:04 PM.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2004, 07:45 PM
The Damian
no team
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2003
Damian Manda has much to be proud ofDamian Manda has much to be proud ofDamian Manda has much to be proud ofDamian Manda has much to be proud ofDamian Manda has much to be proud ofDamian Manda has much to be proud ofDamian Manda has much to be proud ofDamian Manda has much to be proud ofDamian Manda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Damian Manda

Looks pretty good!
Once the models are textured this will be a very good looking model.
Some comments that hasn't been mentioned,
Add the 5 and 2x to the balls
The goals will bend a little, maybe not enough to matter, but it might look better especially with the stationairy goals.
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-28-2004, 10:47 PM
One Nation Under-Educated
AKA: Spider-Punk
None #0845 (Cutting Edge)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
Jonathan M. has a spectacular aura aboutJonathan M. has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Jonathan M. Send a message via MSN to Jonathan M.

Looks great! It's already been said but, it should really be textured. Regardless it still looks awesome!

2005 Florida Regional Finalists with 1251 (Tech-Tigers) and 1270 (Red Dragons)
2005 Florida Regional General Motors Industrial Design Award winners
2005 Pallmeto Judges Award winners

My art site.
My myspace profile.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: