OCCRA
Go to Post And I have to say, those days where you are just beating yourself, and smacking your head against the wall, and you just wish the robot would catch fire so you could go home, make the top of the mountain that much sweeter. - Gboehm [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Competition > Team Organization > Starting New Teams
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2004, 03:08 PM
no team

mnemeth is an unknown quantity at this point
looking to start a new team

I am a former member of team 306 form corry, pa and i am now in my freahman year of college and i am looking to start and help mentor a team at my local high school. I am a student at Lock Haven University which is in central PA and i do not know if there are any teams within a reasonable vicinity. i am really just looking for some advice on how to find sponsors and registration and anything else that may be of some use.

thank you for your time
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2004, 03:16 PM
A Fire Outside
AKA: Brandon Joerges
#0470 (Alpha Omega)
Team Role: Alumni

Gadget470 is a jewel in the roughGadget470 is a jewel in the roughGadget470 is a jewel in the roughGadget470 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Gadget470 Send a message via AIM to Gadget470
Re: looking to start a new team

A good and ambitious goal, thumbs up.

About finding sponsors, Team 60 (Kingman) put together a nice package which looks promising for finding a first, or more sponsors:
http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22097
(Note: I don't see a link to the PDF that they planned on having. If I get the time, I'll scan my copy and make it into a PDF, contact me [info below] if you want this done, perhaps into the white papers?).

I've lived in Michigan my whole life, and therefore don't know anything about Pennsylvainia, other than the big cities. FIRST's Homepage allows you to view teams in a specific state. I'll assume you know what cities are near you:
http://www.usfirst.org/frc/map/FMPro...-max=all&-find

Good luck, I hope this helped.

Ompha1oskepsis 118448018 bjoerges@gmail.com
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2004, 05:32 PM
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2002
SarahB has a spectacular aura aboutSarahB has a spectacular aura aboutSarahB has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to SarahB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget470
About finding sponsors, Team 60 (Kingman) put together a nice package which looks promising for finding a first, or more sponsors:
http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22097
(Note: I don't see a link to the PDF that they planned on having. If I get the time, I'll scan my copy and make it into a PDF, contact me [info below] if you want this done, perhaps into the white papers?).
It has already posted in the white papers. Its a set of 6 papers in the Team Organization section. Looking at the list sorted by date, the papers are all in a group starting with Business Invoice and going through Large Business Marketing.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-17-2004, 07:48 PM
#0388 (Teamless in Oz)

Jacqui Sutton is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jacqui Sutton
Question Daunting Task

Is it just me, or are you also finding this to be a rather daunting task? I've never been one to give up on things that I have my mind set on - Will put everything i have into achieving a goal - but at the moment I'm so completely lost on where I should even start. I'm in Australia, and want to start a team here - but I dont know if i should first take it to a particular school and find out whether theyd be interested - i have a feeling they wouldnt want to hear about it unless I had some concrete sponshorship/budget/finance details, however if i take it to companies that I want to try and recieve sponshorship from first, wont they want to know what school would potentially be participating in the program, whether they're willing to work it into the curriculum, and also they're going to want some sort of budget and financing details - which i dont have! I know the cost of registration, well, in US dollars anyway, which fluctuates here daily so i could only give them an approximate on that, but the travel expenses for a team from australia just even to get to the closest regional (Los angeles i would presume) would be astronomical, and thats not even thinking about build costs, where id find mentors, or where we'd build the robot! I know the brits did it, and brazil too - just wish i knew how...

I wont give up on this, I just wish i knew where to start! You can mark my words though - The aussies will be a part of FIRST, and I look forward to seeing you all again very soon

- I used to dream about, the life I'm living now and, I didn't think I'd miss those things from the past, and I'm not afraid of leaving, or letting go of what I had, cause I realize that now there's no turning back -
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 01-20-2004, 07:36 AM
no team

mnemeth is an unknown quantity at this point

i think a team in australia is exactly what first needs. i have often thought about a team from there. keep with it and i would start of by going to your local highschool and presenting your idea and maybe write a letter to some of your local government officials, becuase i find it hard to believe that if your started a teem that you couldn't get some sort of government help.

good luck with your team and i hope to see team australia within a couple of years!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: