OCCRA
Go to Post I can't claim to be an expert in the stess analysis field - I just play one on TV, er CD, er - okay, so call me a poser! - petek [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Technical > Pneumatics
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-06-2004, 05:32 PM
FRC #1219 (Emery Iron Eagle)
Team Role: Alumni

thoughtful is a splendid one to beholdthoughtful is a splendid one to beholdthoughtful is a splendid one to beholdthoughtful is a splendid one to beholdthoughtful is a splendid one to beholdthoughtful is a splendid one to beholdthoughtful is a splendid one to behold
SMC penumatics sizes

We wanted to order some cyclinders and we have this form from SMC canada where we can order 4 cylinders. They give u the boe size and the stroke size, now i understand the cylinder is about 1-2 inches more than the stroke size. Can anyone tell me about how long will be cylinders with 4",5",6" and 7" of stroke sizes.
Also a bigger bore size can make your compressor run more, but our use of pnemuatics is going to be pretty limited so is it better to have 2 cylinders of 3/4 bore than one of 2", we want to go against a compressed spring.

03,04,05-Team 1219 Captain
2003 Rookie all Start @ GTR
2005 Galileo Semi-Finalist & Alliance captain
06-Team 1219 Mentor
2006 Radio Shack Innovation in control @ Waterloo
  #2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-06-2004, 05:44 PM
FRC #1288 (RAVEN Robotics)
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 2000
tbmantia is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to tbmantia
Re: SMC penumatics sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtful
We wanted to order some cyclinders and we have this form from SMC canada where we can order 4 cylinders. They give u the boe size and the stroke size, now i understand the cylinder is about 1-2 inches more than the stroke size. Can anyone tell me about how long will be cylinders with 4",5",6" and 7" of stroke sizes.
Also a bigger bore size can make your compressor run more, but our use of pnemuatics is going to be pretty limited so is it better to have 2 cylinders of 3/4 bore than one of 2", we want to go against a compressed spring.
http://www2.usfirst.org/2004comp/200...ics_Manual.pdf

Check here on pages 9-11
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-06-2004, 06:52 PM
no team
Team Role: Engineer

KenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond reputeKenWittlief has a reputation beyond repute

the force the cylinder will produce is equal to the pressure in the line times Pi times half the diameter squared

the retract force is a little less due to the presence of the shaft on that side.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-06-2004, 09:21 PM
resident insomniac
#0555 (we dont have a team name, and what are you gonna do about it!)
Team Role: Student

maxgebhardt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to maxgebhardt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoughtful
you say your pneumaics use is going to be limited, just something to consider:
if you are just going to use it to grab the bar go for the 2" bore, because the compressor cant run after the match ends, so you wont waste power. also if you are using it sparingly, you could add more pneumatic tubing between the two tanks to boost storage space. I belive they had a formula to determine the length of a cylender based on bore and stroke, and at the pneumatics workshop they said that formula as well as the pneumatics workshop powerpoint would be on the first web site. now you say your pushing a compressed spring, so I'd like to remind you to ensure there are no latteral forces. think about when you compress a clicky pen spring in your fingers, how sometimes it shoots out sideways. well that cant happen, you'll bend the cylender and render it useless. just a friendly reminder

team motto:
Trust, Love and Magic 2003
AFLAC 2002
Will stop for broken speed controlers 2001

{CPA}Maxzilla UT 2004
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: