OCCRA
Go to Post The game objectives are still the same, get boxes into your scoring zone, stack approximately half of them, run for the top of the ramp. So lets sit down, shut up, and start building robots. - ChrisH [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > FIRST > Robot Showcase
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

Closed Thread
  #1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 08:40 AM
FRC #0047 (Chief Delphi)

CD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond reputeCD47-Bot has a reputation beyond repute
pic: Another Team 968 Teaser....

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 08:43 AM
BSEE, MSEE, JD in progress
AKA: employed
no team
Team Role: Engineer

Rookie Year: 2000
Stephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond reputeStephen Kowski has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Stephen Kowski Send a message via Skype™ to Stephen Kowski
Re: pic: Another Team 968 Teaser....

very nice wiring job.....only one question, is all that 10 awg wire to the circuit breaker panels? (my eyes must be a little whacked, but it just seems smaller to me....), nice work again!

Last edited by Stephen Kowski : 02-20-2004 at 08:45 AM.
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 09:31 AM
Kid With The Credit Card
None #1189 (Breaking Pointe)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
sear_yoda will become famous soon enoughsear_yoda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to sear_yoda Send a message via AIM to sear_yoda Send a message via Yahoo to sear_yoda

I have to ask, where did you get the wire connectors for the SMC double solenoids? I had a hell of a time trying to order some more of those solenoids from a distributor (took me three times to get the correct 12VDC coils and submounts). Unfortunatly, after all was said and done, nothing ever came with those wire connectors to plug into the ends of the solenoid. Soldering works fine, but I'm curious where you found those.

Wiring looks fantastic, by the way! I just brought my wire organizer in here and told him next year, I want THAT.
  #4   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 10:00 AM
Matt Spencer
AKA: Sexy Beast
#1007 (Team Generals)

blindguyinanorg has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to blindguyinanorg

im wondering how long your bot will run on one battery...ive always been told the compresser eats the bat real quick
"No drugs, not even alcohol cause the fundementa ills of society. If we're looking for the sources of your troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, freed and love of power" - PJ O'Rourke
  #5   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 10:04 AM
FORMER Captain now Jealous Onlooker
None #1350 (Rambot)

Paradox1350 is on a distinguished road

You do know that you are allowed to switch the fuse on the spike for the compressor with a 20A Circuit breaker, right? I say this because if that fuse blows, with that much relying on air pressure, you'd be dead. You could probably deal with one or two other things not working, but if your compressor dies, it looks to me that your whole bot is dead.
  #6   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 10:04 AM
Reject False Icons
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute

Our electrical team looked at this and wanted me to post about this. From their interpretation, you cannot have red, 'hot', wires going to the ground part of the spike. You need black wires. You can get DQed for it. I'd look into it more if I were you.
  #7   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 10:14 AM
Matt Spencer
#1007 (Team Generals)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephM
Our electrical team looked at this and wanted me to post about this. From their interpretation, you cannot have red, 'hot', wires going to the ground part of the spike. You need black wires. You can get DQed for it. I'd look into it more if I were you.
that would make no sence. what the spike does is alternate which wire is hot. so lets say you have one black and one red. i fwd erd might be hot and black grnd. then in rev black is hot and red is grnd. you would need magic color changing wires to have such a thing.

i did look it up by the way and there is no regulation for the after part of the spike, seeinng as the things connected dont have defined + and - and the output switches back and forth
"No drugs, not even alcohol cause the fundementa ills of society. If we're looking for the sources of your troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, freed and love of power" - PJ O'Rourke
  #8   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 10:32 AM
Reject False Icons
no team

Rookie Year: 2001
Joe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond reputeJoe Matt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindguyinanorg
that would make no sence. what the spike does is alternate which wire is hot. so lets say you have one black and one red. i fwd erd might be hot and black grnd. then in rev black is hot and red is grnd. you would need magic color changing wires to have such a thing.

i did look it up by the way and there is no regulation for the after part of the spike, seeinng as the things connected dont have defined + and - and the output switches back and forth
Ok, thanks, that's what they said, and I'm not on electrical team. Thanks for the clear-up.
  #9   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 11:59 AM
Matt Spencer
#1007 (Team Generals)

love the family guy icon!
  #10   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 12:26 PM
A M X
AKA: Akshay Dodeja
no team
Team Role: College Student

Rookie Year: 2000
activemx is a glorious beacon of lightactivemx is a glorious beacon of lightactivemx is a glorious beacon of lightactivemx is a glorious beacon of lightactivemx is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to activemx Send a message via Yahoo to activemx

MVRT describes that as "Travis Wiring"!! haha i tried to do some travis wiring this year, but its nothing close to that. Picss coming soon
  #11   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 01:20 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Engineering Mentor
FRC #0254

Rookie Year: 1998
Travis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Travis Covington

I am aware of the 30 amp breaker. It was temporary as we were wiring up the electronics, it will be swapped before we power anything up, thanks for pointing it out though

And as for the solenoid wires, we purchased ours through motion industries. We simply gave them the part number of the solenoid valve and they told us the part number of the wire. ( if you need it I can look it up for you) They were available at almost all of their warehouses, as the wires are compatible with a lot of SMC valves.

THanks for the feedback!

2008-2013 - Mentor/Engineer of Team 254
2001-2008 - Mentor/Advisor/"Engineer" of Team 968
1998-2001 - Mechanical Director/Driver/Member of Team 115
  #12   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 03:47 PM
Curmudgeon
FRC #0116 (Epsilon Delta)

Rookie Year: 1996
dlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond reputedlavery has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful job, just amazing. I looked at this, and my only thought was "I can't wait to see the REST of the robot!"

-dave
"I know what you're thinking, punk," hissed Wordy Harry to his new editor, "you're thinking, 'Did he use six superfluous adjectives or only five?' - and to tell the truth, I forgot myself in all this excitement; but being as this is English, the most powerful language in the world, whose subtle nuances will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' - well do you, punk?"
- Stuart Vasepuru, 2006 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest

My OTHER CAR is still on Mars!!!
  #13   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Alumni
FRC #1139 (Gear Grinders)
Team Role: Student

andy is a jewel in the roughandy is a jewel in the roughandy is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to andy

Where did you get the manifold for the solonoids?
We are using four double solonoids and they are all connected by individual hoses. A manifild would be much simpler and more space efficient.

Looks incriediable!

Good luck!

-Andy
  #14   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 08:54 PM
back to school ;-)
FRC #0696 (Circuit Breakers)
Team Role: Teacher

Rookie Year: 2002
sanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond reputesanddrag has a reputation beyond repute

11 cylinders!?!?! I can guess what 6 or 7 of them are for but that's about it. I cannot possibly wait another 38 hours to see this thing. But I guess I will have to. You are going to Chatsworth right?
Student Mechanical Leader and Driver, Team 696 Circuit Breakers, 2002-2004

Purchase Cree LED Bulbs from the Team 696 Online Store
  #15   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-20-2004, 09:09 PM
Unsung FIRST Hero
Engineering Mentor
FRC #0254

Rookie Year: 1998
Travis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond reputeTravis Covington has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Travis Covington

The solenoid manifold is available through SMC. We purchased ours through motion industries.

11 pistons... I will try to break it down in a fairly subtle manner. 2 for wings, 2 for center lift, 2 for rear lift, 2 for shifting , 1 for ball grabber, 2 for elev release.

That should hold you off until sunday. We might not be fully functional as we just realized that our reduction for the arm is not sufficient... so we are trying to throw together a quick solution before sunday. See you then.

2008-2013 - Mentor/Engineer of Team 254
2001-2008 - Mentor/Advisor/"Engineer" of Team 968
1998-2001 - Mechanical Director/Driver/Member of Team 115
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: