OCCRA
Go to Post It's only messy if you allow it to be. - Jay H 237 [more]
Home
Go Back   Chief Delphi > Other > Chit-Chat
CD-Events   CD-Media   CD-Spy   FRC-Spy  
portal register members calendar search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ rules

#1   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2004, 04:41 PM
A Nuke Would Do The Job!
FRC #0865 (WARP 7)
Team Role: Alumni

Rookie Year: 2002
geo is a jewel in the roughgeo is a jewel in the roughgeo is a jewel in the roughgeo is a jewel in the rough
A Crime Scene In Our Robotics Room!

Who poped the yellow ball and duck taped it??????????

#2   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Down at the railroad
AKA: Jason Hartmann
FRC #0237 (Sie-H2O-Bots [T.R.I.B.E.])
Team Role: Mentor

Rookie Year: 1999
Jay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond reputeJay H 237 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Jay H 237
Re: A Crime Scene In Our Robotics Room!

Yep, looks all to familiar. We've had people in the past rupture our balls and then throw them in our storage closet for some unsuspecting person to try to reinflate them. We did have some of the small red balls puncture this year and I successfully repaired them by using a rubber tube repair kit from NAPA or if they had a small hole (pencil point size) I used Fix-A-Flat to inflate them. If you ever used that stuff it is essentially glue in a can and those balls now have an additional membrane making up thier "skin". I also sacrificed a needle point adapter doing that but if I try soaking it in laquer thinner I may be able to reclaim it.
2005 WINNERS of the Radio Shack Innovation in Control Award (not once, but twice! )
2004 WINNERS ------ Johnson & Johnson Mid-Atlantic Regional (also thanks to our alliances 56 & 303)
2004 General Motors Industrial Design Award Winners
2004 Archimedes Quarterfinalists (also thanks to our alliances 121 & 386)

NEMO _________ NonEngineering Mentor Organization
"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot!" - author unknown
  #3   Spotlight this post!  
Unread 02-21-2004, 05:31 PM
-
no team

Rookie Year: 1998
EddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud ofEddieMcD has much to be proud of
Re: A Crime Scene In Our Robotics Room!

::enters detective mode::

Well, it doesn't look like precision work. Looks like the culprit was in a rush. You can tell by the way they duct taped the wound. We need to look for a motive. What kind of grudge could someone have held against the victim? Could the victim have had some dirt on someone? Have you determined the weapon used? Unfortunately, unless someone comes clean, these kind of cases almost never get solved. That poor ball... it was so young... My condolences to it's family and friends.

In all seriousness, have you tried soldering it back together? No, I'm serious. Heat up where any tear may be and melt it back together. Not the strongest hold in the world, but it will still hold up to normal robot interaction.

Ah ha! It was the robot all along!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: